Milkyspit's MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: Milkyspit\'s MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester)

[ QUOTE ]
milkyspit said:
Also, when the time comes, I'll probably adopt the "darkzero" fulfillment method, in which the wait list gets partitioned into smaller groups, to make the work more manageable. (For newer CPFers who don't know, darkzero was/is a longstanding CPF member I count as one of my best online friends... a while back he took on a project to offer sputtered Mag reflectors, which made for a smoother beam, and had so much demand that he very rationally divided the requests into groups of 20 or so at a time, then delivered each group of 20 at once. IMHO that was a great idea, especially for a single person hobbyist effort! So Will, if you end up reading this... thanks for the inspiration!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words Scott and likewise old pal!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Man the memories of doing those reflector runs. Gets me tired just thinking about it. Don't think I'll ever do that again (that large) even if for a prophit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pimpmylite

Newly Enlightened

thanks
anyway... just got my U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif
depending on how long level 6 will run i'll probably have lots of unspent batteries lying around
can't wait to try it out at work tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i hope the throw is good enough to illuminate the rudder

Thertel

Newly Enlightened

Well I'd like to be in for 2 or most likely 3 of the MC2's and I hope they stay PVC because its just to utilitarian looking to change. Are they going to be waterproof out of curiousity?

Thomas

Kevin K

Newly Enlightened

I got on the list for 1 MC2 sometime late last year and, was wondering if i'm still in line for one. Also, can I pay by money order ?

jchock

Newly Enlightened

Milky,

I'd like in on the waiting list, probably for one of each the MT and the MC2...

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thertel, I've got you on the list for 3x MC2. Thanks dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin K, you're still on the list, and you're correct... about a YEAR ago! Yikes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif You're listed for 1x MC2, and yes, money orders are welcome.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jchock, got ya! One MC2 and one Milky Tester (MT). Many thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had no idea the PVC would be such a popular option. It was a DEFINITE situation of function dictating form... but dangit, you guys are right, it DOES give it a certain utilitarian quality! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I even built a "ghetto L1" out of the same PVC tube fitted with a lens, Fraen LP optic, Luxeon Q2H star, and the circuit capsule from an actual L1 flashlight. It's surprisingly bright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

alauda

Enlightened

In Feb this year I asked to be put on the wait list for one. Can I double it !!! to two MC2 and add a tester as well.

(The pile of 123's is growing wild)

Tony

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tony, I've made the change. You're now down for 2x MC2 plus 1x MT... plus you've implicitly pointed out how terrible I've been about moving this project forward! It's a combination of lack of time (focusing on improving the daddy time and sleeping time first... sorry guys), and a vague fear of placing a big, bad board order... that somehow I'll be out a large pile of cash that I don't have in the first place, and the boards will arrive all screwed up! Does this qualify as the modder version of a panic attack? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

But I'm not giving up! Just gotta overcome the board thing and get the order done. It's coming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

To all who've been WAY MORE PATIENT than I probably could have been, please let me say once again, THANK YOU!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
It's been a long time since I last sent you a message, but Katrina caused me to think about additional uses of this light, and while I would hate to add to the development time at this point - would it be possible to add a strobe effect to the light for emergency signalling?

MrBadger

Newly Enlightened
Shoot, put me down for one MC2. I like the pvc look. And strobe/flashing would be a great feature. Water proof is good too. But I'll take one even without those features.

I think if I put the change in my pockets in a jar at the end of every day, I should be able to raise the $40 needed by the time my number gets called. Keep us informed.

Thanks.

bucken

Enlightened
I'm almost positive I signed up for one way back when... At least I've got a lot of old batteries saved up since then.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, it's been a long time since posting and life has intervened in any number of ways... won't get into all that here, though a few of you know about some of the goings-on, both good and bad... just wanted to mention that I have been reading this thread with each new post and keeping the MC2/Milky Tester list up to date!

Also want to be clear about the fact that the MC2 doesn't exist yet because I haven't made it exist. I haven't taken all the steps necessary (like ordering boards, stocking up on a couple essential parts, etc.) to get this done, and I take the blame. This is exactly what I had in mind when I made the wait list non-binding and refused to take payment at the outset! That said, I'd like to have a half-dozen MC2's myself, and that just may be the greatest incentive of all for getting it done... and I have taken some of the steps, and accumulated some of the components, housings, etc., so it hasn't been a total standstill.

Rfdancer: not sure if I can get a strobe function into the MC2... and not sure how useful it would actually be even if I did... but if it can be done without much additional trouble, I'll do it! :)

MrBadger: Done. Start saving that pocket change! ;)

Flashgreenie: Got ya down for 2MC2 and 2MT. Thanks! :)

Yooper: You're listed for 1MC2. :thumbsup:

KingSmono: For some reason I thought you were already on the list... but NOW you are! :D Listed for 1MC2. Thanks!

Bucken: You're right... and if I don't watch it, you'll celebrate your SECOND ANNIVERSARY of being on the list! You were one of the first. Hold onto that pile o' batteries, they'll come in handy in the not-too-distant future... ;)

To reiterate for all newbies... the MC2 is intended as an ultra long-running electronic candle. Note that it's NOT meant as a cute little accent light, but rather a very utilitarian, FUNCTIONAL light that can illuminate the rooms in your house for days on end (even months depending on the output setting), in full regulation. I'm also concerned with keeping the price relatively low... this was a concern at the outset, and now, with the escalation we've seen in mod prices here on CPF, it's even more of a concern now! There is NOTHING wrong with a finly-crafted but expensive mod... in fact, most modders I've known make very little for their time and effort... just that I want THIS mod to be as accessible as possible without sacrificing on quality. My hope is that I can price the MC2 around $40 shipped... I'll certainly try!

Anyway, I cannot tell all of you how much your continued patience, interest, and support has meant to me as I've gone through one of the more challenging periods of my life. Thank you all!
:bow:

KingSmono

Enlightened
milkyspit said:
KingSmono: For some reason I thought you were already on the list... but NOW you are! :D Listed for 1MC2. Thanks!

You know, I really couldn't remember if I posted before or not... but just incase I didn't, I'm glad I'm on the list now!! Actually, can you change my order to 2 MC2s?? *crosses fingers that they'll be finished before the next hurricane season...* :p

-Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.