Minimized list of EDC Items

Frank108

Newly Enlightened
Minimal? Minimal is Nothing But Your Body and Mind along with some Knowledge and Training.

The word is scalable. The idea is that one's EDC be the practical, appropriate amount for a given situation.

Categories:

Organization: Clothes with plenty of pockets, or a slightly bigger than average briefcase, or shoulder bag, or backpack. Notebook.

Keys with those little scan cards AND with the following:
Safety Whistle, Button or AAA Light, Mini knife like the Spyderco Ladybug, A Keychain Multitool like the little SAK or Leatherman or Gerber Multitools, a Mini Pocket Wrench and / or pry bar.
(This is my minimal toolkit when doing quick errands).

Safety: At the very least a good quality knife 2.5 inches e.g. SOG Flash 1 to the legal limit. See Tools below.

Health: Needed Desired Food Supplements. A First Aid Kit (a fairly decent FAK fits in an old Altoids tin or a 3x5 ziplock.) Water. A nice protein bar in case you get stuck somewhere. .

Medical: Any meds and / or supplies.

Appearance: including clothes and at least some hand sanitizer and a pocket comb and a Handkerchief / Bandana.

Information: As needed

Entertainment: Novels, eBooks, as needed or desired.

Creative: Harmonica, Pens, Whatever....

Tools+: Windproof Lighter, Safety Whistle, Good LED Flashlight, folding knife, Multitool, 6 ft Duct Tape, 12-15 ft Paracord.

Electronics, Smartphone, cable, headphone / Bluetooth Set, backup battery and / or charger.

fineshot1

Newly Enlightened
- Rite Edge Silver Dollar Folder Pocket Knife
- Cheap Chinese Resque Knife
- Streamlight Micro
- Leatherneck Micra
- Wallet
- Coins
- Keys
- Comb
- Cell Phone
- Watch (Casio Alarm Chrono)

Borad

Enlightened
Nobody mentioned a bandaid or bandage. Closest thing was bandana. At least take a gauze pad and tie it on with the bandana.

Oh, someone mentioned "medical...supplies."

markr6

Flashaholic
Nobody mentioned a bandaid or bandage. Closest thing was bandana. At least take a gauze pad and tie it on with the bandana.

Oh, someone mentioned "medical...supplies."

I like to keep two 3/4" bandaids in my wallet. I actually forget they're in there but I've used some on occasion.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
S&W 342
PM2
MDC HA 1AA
wallet
2 quarters
dangler #1 library mini scan card, mailbox key
dangler #2 car key
dangler #3 TubeVN
keyring: house key, auto fob (for when (not if) I lock the key in the car)
phone

bryan123

Newly Enlightened
Keychain with:
SAK Classic/Nite Ize Doohickey OR Leatherman Micra
Princeton Tec Pulsar 2
Pill fob
Fox 40 Micro whistle
car smartkey
apartment/ strongbox/padlock keys

Right now I'm using a Lucky Line Twisty with S-biner microlocks.

Fenix E05
Seiko 100M Chrono
SAK Super Tinker
Fisher Spece pen
earbuds
Droid Max
lens cloth in case
Wallet with the usual stuff, stamps, bandaids, card-key for work.
Moleskine pocket notebook
pocket comb
"EDC change purse" with Levenger single sheet cutter, 3 safety pins, Listerine pocket pak, and quarters / dimes.

Last edited:

jal

Newly Enlightened
I almost always have to have a laptop with me for work, which means I almost always have a backpack with me, which means it is a constant struggle to keep things from following me out of the house...

When I can escape without the big bag, I usually have:

- keyring with keys, one-time-password fobs, whistle
- Chris Reeve Sebenza 21
- pocket light, currently a Baton S1
- smokes, disposable lighter if I'm being active, my beloved Corona if not
- personal phone, currently iPhone 6s
- work phone, iPhone 6 (annoying, but they need to be separate)
- money clip/cash
- front-pocket wallet with medical, plastic money, government cards, card keys
- glasses cleaner cloth
- watch (currently, Mondaine railways)
- hat, jacket (I'm bald, and where I live the temperature stays on the edge of jacket/not jacket weather most of the year.)

The backpack is decidedly not minimal. Aside from a laptop, currently has a Nitecore EC4S, Victoronix multitool (I forget the model, they stopped making it ~15 years ago anyway, and it is a bit hard to read now), whatever book I'm reading, phone headphones, thermos, a pouch with batteries, cords, a thumb drive, bandaids, nail clipper, pins, gum, some stuff I'm forgetting. And then my frankenbox, which is a hacked together battery-powered linux server the size of a paperback I built that serves as a portable server/wireless AP/two port ethernet bridge. I use it all the time for work and personal projects and built it because I couldn't find anything quite like what I wanted, but this is a topic for a different forum.

And if I'm taking my camera bag, then it starts getting absurd. But that's not every day.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a recent pocket dump. Spec-Ops brand wallet and G-Shock Rangeman watch not shown. I carry about 18 inches of Gorilla tape, too.

myedc-28apr2016.jpg

framojo

Newly Enlightened
- Blank Forces titanium edc ink pen
- Bang ti titanium novelty toothpick and holder
- Tain aurora
- iPhone x
- Boker mini kwaiken black
- Bellroy black wallet