Mirage Man Customs

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
A new twist on the Fatty design... a knurled body, extended flutes and trits.

DSC_7354_cr_br.jpg

DSC_7358_cr_br.jpg

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
They are impossibly handsome :huh:..I just don't get it why a vast majority of cpforumers put high end lights on the pavement or on any rough surface. I could not even imagine myself placing my ITP A3 on an abrasive media or against it :duh2:..Up to now even my Mini Maglite/Solitaire torches of more than 6 years are still bereft of scratches or dings. Sounds lame or even improbable but it's true:laughing:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought I'd post a little something I did to spruce up a light I did awhile back. I made this light back before I had a milling machine for Chipwillis. After seeing some pictures of it recently I thought it looked a little plain so I offered to spruce it up a bit.

This is what it looked like when it left me the first time...

DSC01365.jpg

And this is what it looked like a year or so later...

DSCN1820.jpg

And this is what it looks like now...

DSC_7409.jpg

DSC_7414.jpg

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys above ,otherwise i would miss this wonderful thread.So many fascinating lights here:rolleyes:.

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
Thanks arewethereyetdad for your this thread and beautiful pics :thumbsup:.Maybe i will sleeplessness tonight:(.

donn_

Flashaholic
It looks like we lost some posts in this thread. I'll re-build one I posted back in early February.

This is one of my latest Mirage_Man customs. It started off as a VME/Malkoff Ti head for Malkoff drop-ins and E-Series lights.

SNC00062.jpg

Brian did some creative Ti-cutting on the head, and ended up with this:

M_M_VME_Malkoff2.jpg

Then he went further, and created his first unitary body/clicky tail, with a matching field of grooves:

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

And here's one of Brian's photos:

M_M_VME_Malkoff7.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
This is my collection of Mirage Man Customs to date:-

top: 27mm light with mirage_man's own copper custom XM-L L.E
bottom: 38mm light with datiled custom XM-L L.E
right: 20mm light with darkzero custom XPG L.E

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
I had photographed this one just before the crash...my latest from Brian.

I bought the tail from Brian in the fall of '08, and bought the head on the forum at around the same time. This has always been my favorite of his A-19 clone heads, because of the wide and deep round-bottom grooves. This photo is from Brian's original sales thread:

Mirage_Man_A19-1.jpg

I just didn't like the look of it on a McGizmo Ti Clicky, so I waited and waited to find exactly the right body to go between the head and tail.

After over two years, the perfect body never showed up, so I sent Brian this photo, and asked him to make me one:

IMGP3513.jpg

So here it is, finally complete. It's running a LE made by Tranquillity Base, with a Cree XR-E Q5 and an RV7 AA 3-speed converter.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

:twothumbs