• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Missing in China. TN-12

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I bought this light back in May last year. I had an issue with it flickering. I then sent it back, even took a picture of the labelling (as requested), it was tracked by Australia Post and I had the tracking number. The label for the address was even in Chinese as well as English. I sent it on March 26th. It got 'attempted delivery' to the location/address on April 2nd. I then get an email back today saying that they never got it 'where is the package"?, after my enquiry as to where was my light.

The answer seems got there in a little over week then went missing...for good, someone most likely stole it.

So bought light, spent money on postage and it's gone for good.

As far as I'm concerned they owe me a torch and if I don't get one back then my relationship with Thrunite is over.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to be clear, you are going to end your relationship with Thrunite for something that MAY or MAYNOT be their fault? Seems a tad shortsighted to me.

I would guess, as far as they are concerned they never got a light to loose and don't owe you anything. Did you request a signature at delivery?

Seems like your complaint should first be with the Shipper. Then once Thrunite confirmed the light was in their possession, if it went missing they would then be responsibility.

Anyways, good luck with that.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
It was a $50 light and sending stuff back to China at my cost was something I wasn't happy with in the first place.

It got lost and it is gone. It just made me realise, it is a waste of time. It cost $18 for shipping as it was on a $50 light. I guess I could have got insurance but that would have added to the cost.

It just demonstrates to me how much a warranty isn't worth when it costs so much to ship then the risks of sending it without insurance then the time involved anyway in trying to make a claim on something like that.

The whole process sucks. In this case it was supposed to be a signature required on delivery but that seems to mean nothing, the parcel simply disappeared on their doorstep.

The fault is really probably the Chinese post system but it just means from now on if a supplier doesn't have a well thought out returns system that is secure, then the warranty is probably not worth much.

I will order from ebay maybe next time. At least then there is recourse to ebay when something goes wrong, else buy it locally. I ordered a Zebralight SC600 II to replace it. I guess I find out how good their returns system is if something goes wrong.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I got an email today, without further prompting, after the initial emails asking me to confirm my Australian address and that they would send out a replacement TN-12 to me!

Confidence restored. I thanked them. I have bought four of their lights so I was thinking what about warranty repair, if required on my other lights?

It is a good outcome.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on, that's got to make you feel a whole lot better.
I don't even own one and it makes me feel better too 👍😀.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Right on, that's got to make you feel a whole lot better.
I don't even own one and it makes me feel better too .

Yes, on all points. We all buy lights made in China and often a return to China is required so not just Thrunite but other makes as well.

Even my Zebralight shipped from China.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, on all points. We all buy lights made in China and often a return to China is required so not just Thrunite but other makes as well.

Even my Zebralight shipped from China.
Yes good points.
Though, I thought I read some OEM are setting up depots/return centers abroad/(N/A etc)?
So this may be a lesser evil in time to come.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Well, the parcel containing my light was returned to me. Posted on March 26th and returned to sender July 3rd, even though all labels and addresses were in order.

1KQKIXu

Last edited:

Prepped

Enlightened
This makes me feel confident in Thrunite customer service. I always go back to brands that will take a hit every now and again to please customers. Good on you, Thrunite. I've just purchased a couple of lights from you, and after seeing this will be buying more!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
my worst nightmare is having to ship a light back to China for repair. Been collecting lights since 1996 and have had dozens rotate through my collection. The ONLY light I have EVER had an issue with was one of my beat to death PD35's lost its bottom 3 modes. I contacted Fenix, gave them the lights serial number and they surprisingly emailed me an address in New York state to send it to for repair. Total turn around time-10 days and the light functions like it did when it was new they replaced nearly all the electronics in the light and even rebuilt the switches. Olight has a US based repair center now as well. Thrunite from what I understand has done very very well the last couple of years. Setting up a warranty claims shop in the US would be a very wise move.