• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found my missing lights hiding in my office.

Surprisingly (to me)
1. Appears visually (in basement) on startup the XPG2 neutral is very close in output to the Wasp XP-L
2. I prefer the tint of the XP-L to the 219B !!

To me the XP-L is a "tintless" tint.

Some comparison photos to older Moddoolar heads, 219B is on lower right hand side;

NWF_5161-L.jpg

NWF_5167-L.jpg

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does D stand for in the mode options? R= red, L= low, M=Medium, H= High, D = ?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dim, and it is dim...

Ah, thanks. They probably didn't want to used two M's. That would cause more confusion. 'M'oonlight and 'M'edium.

- how did you guys pick your memory". I do not see it on the website. ( no memory, memory, hybrid memory.). I am interested in memory mode.

- This head has a feature to be used safely with regular cr123s. Will the head/light automatically detect these batteries or will it has to be programmed to before usage of cr123s?

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, thanks. They probably didn't want to used two M's. That would cause more confusion. 'M'oonlight and 'M'edium.

- how did you guys pick your memory". I do not see it on the website. ( no memory, memory, hybrid memory.). I am interested in memory mode.
I believe that should come from the programming on the lux-rx site.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What does D stand for in the mode options? R= red, L= low, M=Medium, H= High, D = ?
They probably didn't want to used two M's. That would cause more confusion. 'M'oonlight and 'M'edium.

Correct, D is dim. It is a proper moonlight but medium is already established.

Did anyone get tracking a number on there order ?

We've starting having difficulties with automated messages getting to certain addresses, especially AOL. They've started using aggressive/dumb filtering techniques and bouncing legitimate email. Let me check for bounces and resend.

I believe that should come from the programming on the lux-rx site.

Correct. But I'm considering adding it (and bounce/red) to OR menus to make things easier.

- This head has a feature to be used safely with regular cr123s. Will the head/light automatically detect these batteries or will it has to be programmed to before usage of cr123s?

Automatic detection is based on voltage and there is voltage overlap between the two kinds, 2.9 for example. So 123 detection is not automatic, and must be activated manually in advance (during programming). It turns on an overall amperage limit that 123's can safely provide.

Last edited:

waterout25

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dan for resending my track number
because I didn't get. I'm not staying at my residence full time, so need to be able to track it. my mail is: {protected from spammers}

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Thanks Dan for resending my track number
because I didn't get. I'm not staying at my residence full time, so need to be able to track it. my mail is: {protected from spammers}

Thanks

Thanks for your address, this is a different issue. EM sent.

technoviking

Newly Enlightened
Friday orders are nearly built, only about 25000 lumens ;)

I just looked at my order again and realize now that the term ZeroRez Twisty confuses me a little. I assumed it to mean ZeroRez Shorty, but now I realize it likely refers to the original momentary version of the ZR. I realize the ZRS is useless in a 65mm configuration but, I needed an extra ZRS ;) Would the ZeroRez Twisty be more beneficial than a mcclicky with the wasp head?

wabi

Newly Enlightened
Are these going to be regularly available going forward?
I would love to purchase one, but employment responsibilities make it difficult to be available when these small drops are made.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I just looked at my order again and realize now that the term ZeroRez Twisty confuses me a little. I assumed it to mean ZeroRez Shorty, but now I realize it likely refers to the original momentary version of the ZR. I realize the ZRS is useless in a 65mm configuration but, I needed an extra ZRS ;) Would the ZeroRez Twisty be more beneficial than a mcclicky with the wasp head?

Sorry for the confusion. There are three ZR models:

ZeroRez.jpg

Each brings something different to the party. The ZRT is the only one that retains the momentary function of the original SF kit. All are single pieces of solid metal connecting the body to the battery. I'll see if I can get an answer for you on ZR vs MC. Experientially they are both magnificent with the v5 but we need to double check that performance is literally the same before making declarative statements. Drop us an email if you want to alter an order currently in process.

Are these going to be regularly available going forward?
I would love to purchase one, but employment responsibilities make it difficult to be available when these small drops are made.

We totally hear you and you are not alone. We're working through three phases:

1. establish sales system and assembly process (now)
  2. boost production to reduce customer purchase stress (hopefully this year)
  3. boost production to accumulate 2+ weeks of stock (next year)

We're also aggressively changing our ratios to make XPL easier to get

Last edited:

chaos215bar2

Newly Enlightened
We've starting having difficulties with automated messages getting to certain addresses, especially AOL. They've started using aggressive/dumb filtering techniques and bouncing legitimate email. Let me check for bounces and resend.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's run into this problem. At one point, their server decided (incorrectly) that one of my emails was spam and proceeded to bounce everything else because they had marked my server as a source of spam.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's run into this problem. At one point, their server decided (incorrectly) that one of my emails was spam and proceeded to bounce everything else because they had marked my server as a source of spam.

Several lifetimes ago (circa 2002) I wrote anti spam filters for a living. It was more work than even making the worlds best flashlights from scratch, but it was one person protecting the inboxes of tens of thousands of people. And my approach meant that false positives were corrected system wide so everyone in the system benefited from every correction. Automated server blacklisting is just reckless and will eventually catch up to them.