• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that are waiting on the XPLs to drop, are you wanting HML or a LMH head?

I've been thinking about both and I can see benefits in both configurations. Having a tough time deciding.

I'm a LMH guy. Use in industry, not tactical - so starting at the bottom I can often stop at medium, if I start from high medium doesn't seem as bright.

MMD

Enlightened
LMH. I would use it for EDC and low is perfect for 90% of everyday tasks. I also like that I can preserve battery by not having to switch through high and medium. I think a tactical light should be single mode only. I would maybe do a thrower starting on high but would probably just prefer a single high output there too.

GrimReminder

Newly Enlightened
Just to make sure I'm playing the purchase game the right way so to speak, what should I do? Do I check the OR website for updates and availability and purchase from there or am I better off finding out the latest and greatest and purchase from OR here on CPF? If the best way is to get intel and purchase on CPF, How would I purchase from OR on CPF? Not really sure what to do....:thinking:

Last edited:

MMD

Enlightened
The products will be for sale on the OR website not here on CPF. This thread is however the best way to get information on availability. Dan has said that they will be giving a 48 hour heads up here before making the lights available on the OR website. Make sure to go to the OR website and subscribe to the insider emails too.

You will probably want to subscribe to this thread as well. Even though you are subscribed, still load this thread every five minutes or so just for redundancyredundancy:naughty:

Just to make sure I'm playing the purchase game the right way so to speak, what should I do? Do I check the OR website for updates and availability and purchase from there or am I better off finding out the latest and greatest and purchase from OR here on CPF? If the best way is to get intel and purchase on CPF, How would I purchase from OR on CPF? Not really sure what to do....:thinking:

GrimReminder

Newly Enlightened
The products will be for sale on the OR website not here on CPF. This thread is however the best way to get information on availability. Dan has said that they will be giving a 48 hour heads up here before making the lights available on the OR website. Make sure to go to the OR website and subscribe to the insider emails too.

You will probably want to subscribe to this thread as well. Even though you are subscribed, still load this thread every five minutes or so just for redundancyredundancy:naughty:

Insider=Done.
Subscribed to this thread and many others in this OR section of the Forum=Done.
Now this Redundancy Redundancy Redundancy the tenth power situation Hmmmmmmm. :tired:

Thank you for the intel sir. Damn I'm Tired. You know, I work afternoon shift from 3:00pm to 11:00pm, Get home by 11:45pm, out of the shower and fed by 1:00am, then I realize there isn't crap on TV, then I bust out my Tablet and the next thing I know It's 4:15am already.....yep, next thing I know it will be 9:00am and hear the birds chirping. My Samsung 10.1 Tablet is very addictive, and so are the many websites I'll check out over the five or six hours. I hate being tired but CANNOT fall asleep. :mecry:

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm going to go with HML, as all my others have been LMH.

With that said I spent my WASP money on a McGizmo Mule head with xpg2 and a RPM Ti E series tail cap. :eek:

So I will probably sit the first run out, unless someone buys my 6330vn. :D

a.lber.to

Newly Enlightened
Yikes, I just went through the Overdeay site to get to this thread (sometimes I find that quicker to get straight here), and I could not believe my eyes when I saw that a Natural HA Wasp was available! So I just picked this up (I hope it was a stroke of luck due to someone changing their mind, and not a fluke of the web site):

Moddoolar Pocket - Natural

Bezel Ring - 5. Cren 304 SS - AlTiN (dark)
Body Size - 5. DB 65mm (1x18650, 2x18350)
Head Style - 4. Trit Wasp GID - HA Natural
Lens/Window - 2. Ultra Clear Lens (UCL)
Light Engine - Triple E3 HML Neutral 219B
Tail Cap - 4. Triad with Trit Slots
Tail Switch - 06. McClicky - Black MEDpress

:twothumbs

Now, in order to prepare for this baby's arrival, can someone please tell me what size trits are used by the wasp head and by the triad tail, and how many of each will be required?

Thanks!

dfsutton

Newly Enlightened
I just looked and I saw nothing in stock. Who knows though, maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be in stock. Good luck.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, I just went through the Overdeay site to get to this thread (sometimes I find that quicker to get straight here), and I could not believe my eyes when I saw that a Natural HA Wasp was available! So I just picked this up (I hope it was a stroke of luck due to someone changing their mind, and not a fluke of the web site):

Now, in order to prepare for this baby's arrival, can someone please tell me what size trits are used by the wasp head and by the triad tail, and how many of each will be required?

Thanks!

Nice!

IsaacL

Enlightened

Thanks!

Trit size is right on the product page along with a link where you can order them.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan and I both had some family health stuff that slowed us down recently.

We'll be back soon with some good news.:thumbsup:

We hope that you and yours are all happy and healthy.

th8tredude

Enlightened
While I am extremely excited to get an XPL Wasp head, family comes first. My money will be waiting whenever they become available. Take care of the families and be well!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

mfrey

Enlightened
Sorry for the dumb question but what does "WASP" designate? Is that just the ascribed name of the new head or is that an acronym for something? Again, sorry for being dense.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the dumb question but what does "WASP" designate? Is that just the ascribed name of the new head or is that an acronym for something? Again, sorry for being dense.

Not in the least. Sometimes our names make sense, sometimes not. In this case and in keeping with our theme of 3, the head incorporates 9 (3x3) bars connecting the front to the back. Pratt & Whitney introduced a new air cooled engine some 90 years ago, consisting of 9 cylinders, in a similar rotary configuration, called the Wasp:

http://www.aviation-history.com/engines/r1340.htm

Last edited: