• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

gktii

Enlightened
So i have a question (anyone can offer feedback)...I currently have the first version Moddoolar Pocket Wasp with 291B 18650 body....but I really want a shorty as well...I know these are going to go quick, so my question is, would you recommend purchasing an entirely new light, (body tail and all)? Or should i just purchase the new head, and buy separates to complete the short light? And in full disclosure, i'm not very versed in the Moddoolar lego type world...although i'm extremely intrigued by it and want to get more involved...Any feedback would be appreciated...thanks!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Its really your preference. Obviously if the whole light isn't an option, you would need to buy each piece separate. I hope they all sell out before I see them to prevent more CC debt! LOL :D

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally purchased a TL65 and Triad before I snagged a Wasp, and used them with a V4 drop-in and smoothie bezel while I waited.

The Wasp I was able to get was part of a complete light, so I chose a DB tail cap and TL34 to give variety.

Speaking of bodies, what's the status of the upcoming TL50 batch, and mis-labeled ones?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Last edited:

gktii

Enlightened
i was able to grab one...wanted the xpl with trit wasp head, and had it in my cart, but when i went to pay, it was already gone... but happy to grab the other one.. ;-)

th8tredude

Enlightened
Dang! I got the alert, opened the Oveready website, and they were already gone! I can't afford to buy another whole light, my wife would kill me. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed....

gktii

Enlightened
there's a tritium wasp head still available...just choose the tritium head option and 219b and it should be there...unless the system is messed up...but i just checked and it's showing up as 1 in stock...

greenadam29

Newly Enlightened
Yeah nothings there. I tried to purchase a full light and got kicked off mutliple times every time it kept saying it was available and I would pick out the options then get kicked off at checkout. Super bummed not getting one.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry, I posted everything we have but are already sold out. Demand is just beyond anything I've seen. A second box is due thurs/friday and I'll post again when ready.

Anyone with technical difficulties, please drop us a line

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Faster than a speeding bullet, able to out run fiber optic cable in a single bound. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a wasp! :faint:

The X factor indeed.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Hints
All the lights and heads that sold today are currently in parts.
Tomorrow we will be assembling them to order, into finished lights/heads
So don't spend to much time stalking the site until Friday (and were not morning people)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm just thinking; Why not release the next batch in the middle of the night, Oregon time, so that the flashlight folks on the other side of the world get a chance. I read the Oveready Insider about 45 minutes after release, and there was only one Nichia Head listed, and one entire flashlight said to be available. Did some customers buy multiple heads/lights?

So very much look forward to the subjective user descriptions regarding the tint of the mighty dome-again XPL's. And that sub-lumen mode! I swoon.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Now I'm just thinking; Why not release the next batch in the middle of the night, Oregon time, so that the flashlight folks on the other side of the world get a chance. I read the Oveready Insider about 45 minutes after release, and there was only one Nichia Head listed, and one entire flashlight said to be available. Did some customers buy multiple heads/lights?

Any reference from to me to 'time zones' is exactly this idea. Remaining heads from these early shipments will be released at different times of the day.

We are also planning to quickly scale production over the rest of the year: 50 -> 100 -> 200 until we can maintain at least a weeks' supply.

So very much look forward to the subjective user descriptions regarding the tint of the mighty dome-again XPL's. And that sub-lumen mode! I swoon.

The closest I've seen to this color is the original Malkoff M61w, also labeled M61n. It's highly sought after among color connoisseurs.

Yeah, havn't done the 0.18 runtime, but it should be in excess of 500 hours on a single high cap cell.