Most powerful commercially available portable HID spotlight?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Case settled. I've positively proven my case here beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt. The above response says it all. The results speak for themselves here. No further input is required.

The BLANKET STATEMENT and myth in Handheld searchlights that "LED's simply cannot match HID" has effectively been debunked here. The amount of confidence in some's performance metrics of their product is about as strong as the confidence one gets when seeing a 4 figure product coming with a 1 year warranty.

EDIT: Notice about how now he's going to rely on members to provide his numbers, but yet when I did the same thing it was unreliable? Wow.

BTW, the candela of the LV-LX50 is around the 600,000 to 750,000 mark, at best, give or take.

I'll say it again : Your demands will have to wait, for a day in the not so distant future, when a highly respected and neutral CPF member decides to take this on. There are a few of these people here, such as BVH and others.

More Flat Earth like arguments, I only quoted a well known LED forum and LED user CPF member that refuted your subjective numbers. His numbers are obviously equally as subjective and as "valid" as yours. Your HID test unit is about 9 or 10 years old and only 50 watts max., not with an electroformed reflector (big improvement), not a known aged bulb (Lumens maintenance), in fact its an unknown bulb. the LX50 has a relatively small reflector as well. We also have no idea of the condition of or which ballast it has installed. That unit did not come from XeVision. You failed to even try to make a fair performance comparison
The only thing you proved is your lack of any scientific methods or techniques to prove what you had already decided in advance, before coming to this forum thread. More Flat Earth like behavior.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Case settled. I've positively proven my case here beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt. The above response says it all. The results speak for themselves here. No further input is required.

The BLANKET STATEMENT and myth in Handheld searchlights that "LED's simply cannot match HID" has effectively been debunked here. The amount of confidence in some's performance metrics of their product is about as strong as the confidence one gets when seeing a 4 figure product coming with a 1 year warranty.

EDIT: Notice about how now he's going to rely on members to provide his numbers, but yet when I did the same thing it was unreliable? Wow.

BTW, the candela of the LV-LX50 is around the 600,000 to 750,000 mark, at best, give or take.

It seems you like to say things in 3's so I will repeat again too.

I'll say it again : Your demands will have to wait, for a day in the not so distant future, when a highly respected and neutral CPF member decides to take this on. There are a few of these people here, such as BVH and others.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
More Flat Earth like arguments, I only quoted a well known LED forum and LED user CPF member that refuted your subjective numbers. His numbers are obviously equally as subjective and as "valid" as yours. Your HID test unit is about 10 years old and only 50 watts max., not with an electroformed reflector (big improvement), not a known aged bulb (Lumens maintenance), in fact its an unknown bulb. the LX50 has a relatively small reflector as well. We also have no idea of the condition of or which ballast it has installed. That unit did not come from XeVision. You failed to even try to make a fair performance comparison
The only thing you proved is your lack of any scientific methods or techniques to prove what you had already decided in advance, before coming to this forum thread. More Flat Earth like behavior.

Quite possibly the greatest combination of assumptions, strawman argumentation, contradictions, deflection, and projection I have seen condensed into a single paragraph. At this point, we will just have to agree to disagree, Sir.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite possibly the greatest combination of strawman argumentation, contradiction, deflection, and projection I have seen condensed into a single paragraph. At this point, we will just have to agree to disagree, Sir.

You are the "master" of such, rather a bit hypocritical I would say. Lets see if anyone jumps to the defense of your honor and or claims. Pretty much everyone has bowed out of this discussion realizing your mind was already made up. You should have stayed out, when you claimed you were exiting for good. Don't call me a condescending Sir, also I'm not your father.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I feel confident anyone reading this conversation can draw their own conclusions. The "Sir", was not meant to be condescending, you took it the wrong way.

Again, we will have to agree to disagree.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have to peek inside that cable braided mesh to see if 3 wires from the Ballast to the igniter, or only 2. Or perhaps open the ballast if you can't peek inside the mesh.
For a more detailed discussion call us at XeVision.com phone number on the web.

There are two wires going from the ballast to the igniter.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,
It would be best if you called us to discuss the detailed options. Phone number on our website
Dan

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll never understand the LED fanboyism. They are good for what they are, but they don't cover everything.

I fired up my ancient Firefoxes FF3 next to my 3,300 lumen 4000K (neutral/warm) "Thrunite" on high mode and the FF3 made the Thrunite look like a complete joke. Like it wasn't even on.

Soon we'll have FF5's. Large LED lights are so stupid. They are much more practical in medium and small size.

Last edited:

Magio

Enlightened
I'll never understand the LED fanboyism. They are good for what they are, but they don't cover everything.

I fired up my ancient Firefoxes FF3 next to my 3,300 lumen 4000K (neutral/warm) "Thrunite" on high mode and the FF3 made the Thrunite look like a complete joke. Like it wasn't even on.

Soon we'll have FF5's. Large LED lights are so stupid. They are much more practical in medium and small size.

Well I have the Firefoxes FF4 65watt version and the Thrunite TN40. On turbo the Ff4 is brighter than TN40 but after 2mins or so it steps down to 40watts. At 40 watts there is almost no noticeable difference in brightness between the 2.

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
Well I have the Firefoxes FF4 65watt version and the Thrunite TN40. On turbo the Ff4 is brighter than TN40 but after 2mins or so it steps down to 40watts. At 40 watts there is almost no noticeable difference in brightness between the 2.

I got an FF5 a few months ago. My first HID light. I have to join the HID fans here. It is truly awesome