Movies you watch again and again?

Mikasa

Newly Enlightened
Gladiator. Everything about it is just epic. The fight scenes, cinematography, the soundtrack. It's hard to get tired of seeing Russel Crowe wreck other gladiators in the arena, and I like how they made it so it's not just some mindless hack and slash movie.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I caught Good Morning Vietnam again yesterday. Every time I see it I pick up a few more details about the story line that I missed in previous viewings. Great performances by everyone.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I caught Good Morning Vietnam again yesterday. Every time I see it I pick up a few more details about the story line that I missed in previous viewings. Great performances by everyone.

Classics never go out of style.

I watched "the Judge" with Robert Downey and Robert Duval again. Later in the evening the wife asked what I wanted to watch. I suggested the Judge so I watched it a second time on the same day.

I told the wife "Robert Downey woulda been way better than Tom Cruise in Rainman". She said "he was probably in re-hab or drunk mode back then".... hmmm.

He and Jude Laww make a great team in the Sherlock Holmes movies too. "How many times are you going to kill my dog Holmes?" lol

Sharpie

Newly Enlightened
My favorite movies of all time (such as The Hurt Locker, Deer Hunter, Godfather, Gangs of New York, etc.) can't be watched over and over IMO as they are too long and serious.

Movies I watch a lot tend to be dumb and funny movies like Dodgeball, The Hangover movies, Dumb and Dumber, Couples Retreat, etc. And elf and Christmas Vacation during the holidays.

markr6

Flashaholic
I told the wife "Robert Downey woulda been way better than Tom Cruise in Rainman". She said "he was probably in re-hab or drunk mode back then".... hmmm.

Rainman, that's definitely one to watch over and over! Great movie!

Bourbon City

Newly Enlightened
While it is not a Movie in the true sense of the word, but I love the FX Series JUSTIFIED. It is a long series and it would be hard to watch (12-13 episodes per year for six years) it all at one setting. But I think it is the best darn Soap Opera for Men that has ever been made; it has many great actors, acting, film editing and scenery.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Wizard of Oz, Patton, any Eastwood western. A tradition in my house as always been The Ten Commandments once a year at Easter.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also watch, "The Thing," "Starship Troopers," "Top Gun," and "Saving Private Ryan" when they are on. Gee, maybe I should seek professional help...

While it is not a Movie in the true sense of the word, but I love the FX Series JUSTIFIED. It is a long series and it would be hard to watch (12-13 episodes per year for six years) it all at one setting. But I think it is the best darn Soap Opera for Men that has ever been made; it has many great actors, acting, film editing and scenery.

Indeed! Time for me and The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner to watch it again.

:welcome: Bourbon City.

~ Chance

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Seven Samurai
Hidden Fortress
Blade Runner
Dr. Strangelove
Aliens
Raising Arizona
Princess Bride

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lonesome Dove series:

This weekend; Return to Lonesome Dove.
I was really impressed with how close to an actual-real-life Woodrow Call portrayal Jon Voight displayed. Nobody can outdo Tommy Lee Jones in the original, but I felt Jon Voight did a great job at portraying a stowic post Augustus McCray, a few years later, really tired Woodrow Call.
The wife wanted to see if Barabara Hershey plays a hateful so-n-so in every movie and if you like Barabara Hereshey as that hateful winch role she did not disappoint.

The writers took a lot of liberties in this unsanctioned by Larry McMurty version, but will Woodrow Call finally tell Newt he was his "pa"? Well it's was worth watching to see if that happens.

Barabara Hereshey ridicules poor July Johnson, or that Nationwide Insurance accident forgiveness pitchman play an even more dastardly dude than ole Blu Duck. Augustus should be glad he didn't live to see those. Yet we get to meet his daughter in this one.

Reese Witherspoon was a waste of a role that shoulda been cast to someone with real talent. But the fact that ole Newt was torn between being a range boss or a rich man's wife's play-thing is entertaining I suppose. It was good to see his inner-honor won out in the end.

Overall the series Return to Lonesome Dove was a good addition to the series in my view. I wonder why Larry McMurtry didn't agree...

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
It's not a movie, but I just have to mention The Sporanos. I NEVER watch a tv show more than once since it's just different than a movie. I can't exactly say why, it just doesn't appeal to me.

But I'm literally watching this from start to finish for the THIRD time now. The nice thing is I forget a lot after a year or two.

The acting is just amazing. James Gandolfini absolutely hit it out of the park on this one...it just doesn't get any better.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Speaking Gandolfini....

"The Drop".
Love it near the end when the cop guy who played the cop that od'd in American Gangster says "they never see you coming do they Bob"... and of course after watching that great performance by Tom Hardy I had to whip out "Lawless" and watch that one again. Opens with "At nights... in them hills...could see them fires from stills burnin' like lights on dam Christmas trees" ... and goes from there...

billabong

Newly Enlightened
Airplane ( just to make sure I've not missed a joke ).

Plan 9 from outer space ( just can't get enough of it ).

Rear Window ( Perfect sunday afternoon film ).

The Big Lebowski ( many , many times ).

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
All the Fast and Furious movies. I don't go looking for them but if I run across them while channel surfing I can't help myself.