multitool leather sheaths?

arioch

Enlightened
Anyone know of a good dealer for leather sheaths for the Leatherman Wave? The nylon sheath that came with the tool does not look right on my leather duty belt. I currently carry the original Leatherman, but would like to have the Wave as an edc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Reaper

Enlightened
You can try Dix leatherworks for leather shealths for multi-tools, knives or mm's. They have single shealths or combinations for both tools and mm light together. I've never tried their products but they look nice. They can be found under Dix Leatherworks.com or www.leatherworks.com If I ever get a new multi. tool, maybe I'll give them a try for a combo. unit.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll tell you what I did for my brown leatherman sheath. I bought a bottle of black leather dye and really gave it a good coating. After it dryed I applied a clear wax coat and buffed it good. This shined it up a bit and prevented the dye from rubbing off. I wear this on my 1.5" nylon Instructors belt.

GregR

P.S. I ended up doing this because I ordered the Black Leatherman Deluxe Leather Sheath. When I got that piece of sh_t I was pissed! How can Leatherman make such nice tools and then sell such a piece of crap like that I'll never know.

P.P.S PM me and I'll tell you what I really think.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
arioch said:
Anyone know of a good dealer for leather sheaths for the Leatherman Wave? The nylon sheath that came with the tool does not look right on my leather duty belt. I currently carry the original Leatherman, but would like to have the Wave as an edc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
arioch--if you want to go custom, I highly recommend Dave Abramson of Lifter's Leather (Lifter or Lifter4Him on the knife forums).

Here's the "In-Pocket Sheath w/Clip" that he made for my BM4x:

His prices are very reasonable too and he's a great guy to work with. He's going to the Blade Show this weekend so he may not be around, but he generally replies very quickly and his wait time is also very reasonable.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
I have a number of sheaths from Dix Leatherworks, highly recommended.

I have a belt mount one (thread it through) for my Wave. This holds it very securely and close to your body. I also have one of his that has the military snaps (can only be opened one way, not like regular snaps) with a cover and one with a metal pistol holster clip. I also have one for my 6P.

Of these, I like the belt thread through version the best. Then the metal clip versions (even though they are not as secure as the snap version).

J

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnJ80 said:
I have a number of sheaths from Dix Leatherworks, highly recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried contacting them numerous times through their website requesting pricing on a custom rig and they will never answer me. Is there some sort of trick to getting them to respond to people ready to fork over cash to them??? I have tried for a couple of months now.

Perhaps I should just forget about them and look at Lifter's Leather since Dix doesn't care.

JM-99

Maple_Syrup

Newly Enlightened
JM-99: Don't waste your time with Dix Leatherworks. As you already know, you can't get anyone on the telephone, and voicemail and email enquiries are never answered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Last December, they took C$86.52 from me for a custom order ... I now know that I'll never see anything for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif Just be happy that you haven't parted with your cash!

Lifter's Leather seems like a much better bet.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
Before you are too hard on Rick, I am thinking he may have had a serious health problem. The guy is as honest as they come and a craftsman. I have not had a reason to talk to him in several months, but if he isn't getting back to you then there is a problem.

He is a one man band - chief cook and bottle washer.

J.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know where to get soft sheaths made, leather or otherwise. I have a few multitools/tools that I want small pocketable cases for.

Maple_Syrup

Newly Enlightened
John, I hope that's you're right. As I have said before, his workmanship is excellent. We all know how crummy the standard-issue sheaths are, and there is definitely a market for his products.

If he ever does deliver on my order, I will certainly post some feedback and let you all know that he is 'back in business'. Until then ...