My antique electric lantern and flashlight collection (many pics)

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
hi everyone! im hoping to get awnser asap. My folks found an old latern that is by everready..it comes up as elctric one.. Im looking for more information..as much as possible.
386127_10150527411360941_707625940_11082491_815881262_n.jpg

I love these old flashlights. This just proves that there are still some great old lights out there to be found. I wish you could post some more pictures of your light, but could it be this one??

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Eve...ed-Box-Lantern-with-Side-Slide-Switch-3B-1914

As you can see it may be an extremely early and rare light from almost 100 years ago. You can do a search at this site and maybe find your particular exact light.

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/flashlights_list.cfm?method=search

There is also great book put together by Bill Utley about the history of the Eveready Flashlight company that is well worth the money. I own a signed copy, I refer to it often, and I am continually amazed with the amount of flashlight history that it details!
http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Bil...lue-Plus-the-First-100-Years-of-Eveready-2001

Thank you for sharing, and we hope you post some more pictures!

ste2009

Newly Enlightened
hi yhere where do you get new glass for the red lantern many thanks steve

paulb5711

Newly Enlightened
hello, im new here, i was doing some research on a light i have, and i noticd your my light looks the same as your red coloured light, the one that you referred to as a CAMPING LIGHT, mine is unpainted and in good condition, and both light globes are very bright, and it has the word EVEREADY embossed on the smaller globe's metal surround............. but i dont know what the correct name of this lamp is, Miner's lamp ?, Campers lamp ? etc ? and i dont know which year it was made any information you could give me will be most appreciated, thank you.

by the way, i love your torches very nice.\

Moosebeshack

Newly Enlightened
Re: My antique electric lantern and flashlight collection (many pics) Pic# 13

[long list of quoted pics deleted - Kestrel]
I have just acquired a lantern like the one in photo#13. I would like to know if you can furnish the manufacturer for this lantern. Mine is nickle plated.
Z

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

I have just acquired a lantern like the one in photo#13. I would like to know if you can furnish the manufacturer for this lantern. Mine is nickle plated.
Hello Moose, :welcome:
That was a very long list of pics in the quote (some of which are gone or may be temporarily unavailable, so it wasn't clear to me which one you were referring to).

If you could quote only the specific pic that you're interested in, it will keep the thread easier to view and folks may post back with some assistance.

Thank you & Best regards,
Kestrel

Moosebeshack

Newly Enlightened

Hello Moose, :welcome:
That was a very long list of pics in the quote (some of which are gone or may be temporarily unavailable, so it wasn't clear to me which one you were referring to).

If you could quote only the specific pic that you're interested in, it will keep the thread easier to view and folks may post back with some assistance.

Thank you & Best regards,
Kestrel

If I can see 16 pics in the original post for this thread, why can't you go to page 1 and look at the original thread, then count down to #13 ??
Moosebeshack

DinaC62

Newly Enlightened
I just read about your lantern collection three times trying to learn about the lantern, I found on Saturday. I don't see a way to post a photo but it looks like the lantern in your top photo, but black, not gold. It is embossed on top:

Portable Electric Lantern
Model No 6
Pat

and on the other side:

Harris Bros Mfg Co
Dayton Ohio USA

there is switch under the handle that you described - the one with a plate with a curved top around the screw. Do you know why this one is black and not the standard gold? And when it was manufactured? Thank you. Cool Collection!

KBWDE

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.

I am desperately looking for a lamp like this one...
Moore_038.jpg

I saw someone post a picture of their lamp in this thread so I thought this may be a good place to start. Can anyone tell me the name/brand/ANY info/where I may be able to find one?

Thanks so much!

captain smiley

Newly Enlightened
Wow this is an old thread, I'm quite supprised it's still alive, to DinaC62 crinkle black would be correct and original to your lantern, they were also sometimes red, but silver aluminum paint or in some cases bare aluminum, you will also find sometimes the bezel and or the handle polished out and occasionally they will be found with a brass bezel. I've recently decided to start doing a few YouTube videos, including lantern related videos, I did one today showing and talking about some of the grether lantern variations (your Harris is a grether) that I will post a link to, there is another as well talking about the WW1 era lanterns and showing them a little more in depth, you can easily find it by going to my channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JH0eCySvWEs

Im going to be doing some more lantern and flashlight related videos in the near future possibly including repair and restoration info and tips to get these things lighting up again, so if you care to subscribe please do so.

homer1917

Newly Enlightened
Greetings:
New to this website, saw your post on Grether / Harris hand light....
Very nice collection....
I am looking for 2 mounting brackets for the Harris Style 16 hand light...
Any help possibilities with this....

Thanks
homer1917