My First Tana module

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doc and Ven, any artifacts from the shiny surface of the pill?
Good choice on the dark colored SS bezel ring.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind offer guys, I do want a mule and have settled on the 4k tint but just bought a few lights and have to step back for a bit.

ven

Flashaholic
Doc and Ven, any artifacts from the shiny surface of the pill?
Good choice on the dark colored SS bezel ring.

Depends on the bezel ring really, i can get a slight gold bit in the outer spill edge with a gold bezel ring for an example. If a copper shell, depending on the set up, possible slight golden parts in outer spill(small and not in eye line). This is being real picky tbh and is no issue for use. You have to look unnaturally to see it if makes sense and is not part of the beam you would use. Under normal use it can not be seen(have to deliberately hold light and look to outer spill edge) which is kind of like using a thrower type light , looking through the crenelations on the outer spill..........we dont do it.

For the perfect beam, real close up use then a single LED would make more sense, however triples/quads have the output when needed. I tend to use the triple and quad at 20 or 30% as a low level and 100%(2 mode or sometimes set to 3 mode). Always starts in the low mode ................that is not really low(500+ lm at a guess).

IMO everyone should at least have a mule in their collection, simply because they are super useful. No hot spot to wash anything out, just a flood light for seeing everything around you. There are applications that are not suited obviously (hunting for one! ) But for general uses, from working on something, needing to light up the immediate area or even a walk and to flood the path ahead.

Another advantage of mules, when working on something or needing to illuminate a subject, you dont need to position the light. Trying to avoid being dazzled from intense hot spots or struggling in dim spill. You can lay it on a floor and it will illuminate a subject much higher up. Also you can use high outputs close up without it hurting your eyes.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
From my limited experience now, I would reiterate exactly what Ven has just said.

The style of beam output from a mule is super useful. Indoors there is simply nothing better, even a light with optics isn't as good!

Just 2 nights ago I tested it outdoors, took my Malkoff MD2 M361N-LMH, my Manker E14 (with a quad Nichia 219C & optics) and this triple LED mule. The Malkoff was only needed when I wanted to see something in the distance - really only when you are travelling to and from your camp site. At the actual campsite, in the immediate vicinity the mule was used, and anything past say 10 feet or so the Manker with the optics was more useful.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like fun and a great way to break in your new light!! I am a big fan of headlamps for camping, but that combination you brought with you covers all that you need! I prob will go cheaper for now and get an AA mule headlamp from zebralight and see how I like it.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
tech25: Don't get me wrong, I still had my headlamp on. When I need 2 hands for setting up the fire and when I was setting up the stove, nothing beats the headlamp. I used to use my Zebralight H30 (yes from many moons ago) but that started to play up, so a couple of months ago I bought the ArmyTek Tiara C1 XPL in warm white - love this thing!

ven: Thank you, I usually go out on a weekly basis, and more often than not in different locations. Great way to use my lights and knives :)

Last edited: