My LX70 PICS!

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys, here are some pics of the hid light bulb :)
MfDBuT1.jpg

I was unscrewing the battery to recharge and the head part started unscrewing so I figure take some pics :)

oc0E1VL.jpg

I can now see what xeray said before: the modification on d1s bulb and the base connector.

ZfmABYn.jpg

Question: can I purchase a lx70 superpower head+reflector separately and make it lego-able lx70?
Thanks!

Last edited:

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a nice option for my LX 50 II , I would keep my longer run time and have a little more throw. Something for me to think about. I'll have to be nice to the wife to do the upgrade :sssh:.

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a nice option for my LX 50 II , I would keep my longer run time and have a little more throw. Something for me to think about. I'll have to be nice to the wife to do the upgrade :sssh:.

Spoke with Xeray for head upgrade, he will have them for us in about 2 months :):candle:

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to check with Dan about a LX70 head for my LX50. I though about his other upgrade offer and decided it was probably more than i want to but in to my light for the trails, and I want to keep my longer run time for our longer rides. A dead battery is no fun when your miles from camp.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see you have the adaptor cord for auto connection! Good show, it'll allow continuous operation without concern of power cutoff. I dare say the allotted battery time may permit enough retina burnout time though! Still, permits that extra time without the need for a second battery in tow or, having to charge one battery in the field.

By the way, good/great idea of the paracord wrap on the otherwise, somewhat narrow handle, particularly with the heavier head!

Karl

Last edited:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
By the way, good/great idea of the paracord wrap on the otherwise, somewhat narrow handle, particularly with the heavier head!

Karl

Thanks Karl, I love paracord wrap on some of my flashlights :) I even wrapped a surefire titan!
w9ckIB9.jpg

V2MtZZU.jpg

EbV3900.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possibly an obvious answer but, how is the cord attached...just through tension or, cemented in some manner?

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why that's very clever! The para cord wrapping, the video and the posting! Very nice job !

Karl