• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

My Mule and AA Twisty 'Pak'

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I have posted a photo elsewhere but now that I have the light in hand I am excited to share more :)

Stock Mule Head with AA light engine and XML emitter. Custom machined body designed to look as stock as possible. I received permission from Don to do this prior to ordering anything just in case as the design does hit very close to home!

673d70b6af7528473dbf6a4506e9deca.jpg

Not sure why the split ring hole looks a little munted here? It's perfectly machined. Must be the angle.

7a977a75c539cd2c15ec26696163daaf.jpg

84d26b6551abfe2c1237f0284bba1afa.jpg

15e8f1222d4c783b258466ac3b772ac7.jpg

I did intend on carrying this light on my keys but I seriously don't think I'll be able to do that for two reasons:

1) Its a touch too big! Length wise is fine, but it's a little fatty. It would be fine if I didn't carry anything else on my keys. Maybe if I lose some of the unnecessary items I can get away with it? Then again...

2) ...its the most expensive light I own bar none. The machining on both parts is amazing and the action is like butter. The thought of scratching this makes me feel very uneasy :(

This light will probably and up in my display case dammit!!!

Speaking of action its easy to operate one handed. The mule head size is perfect and the body grips really well in the hand. I have a video to upload to YouTube once I get home to show anyone who's interested.

Thanks,

- Matt

EDIT: In use:

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
:wow:

Very nice Matt, I too would hesitate to carry this beautiful light on my keys but I'd be happy to pocket carry with the addition of a clip.

Norm

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Matt, I too would hesitate to carry this beautiful light on my keys but I'd be happy to pocket carry with the addition of a clip.

Thanks Norm. That was one of my thoughts - buy a suspension clip and use that to keep it safe in my pocket. Just gotta make sure I don't chuck my keys in the same one lol.

BarryH

Enlightened
Wow, that is sweet!

I'd put a Tec P-7 suspenson clip along with a good swivel on the end and hang it in my pocket every day!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that is sweet!

I'd put a Tec P-7 suspenson clip along with a good swivel on the end and hang it in my pocket every day!

I saw them a while back at Illumination Supply. I'll have to remember to pick one up next time I order some batteries.

nbp

Flashaholic
Don't even worry about it touching other stuff. Ti is so resistant to damage it's awesome. Just chuck it in your pocket and go to town. You can always grab some fine steel wool down the line and buff out the tiny surface scratches. You are unlikely to do any real damage. That't the best part of Ti. If you need help send it here and I'll scuff it up to get you going. Buy it, use it, love it. :)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Killer mule! No way you can shelf that, use it and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Don't even worry about it touching other stuff. Ti is so resistant to damage it's awesome. Just chuck it in your pocket and go to town.
Exactly. My McG SunDrop has been carried daily since 2007, dropped more than once, had weld spatter stuck to it, etc. & it refuses to be hurt. The McG Sapphire spends all its time on my key chain & my keys & Sapphire get dropped on a regular basis. IMO it's hard to beat the Sapphire for a bullet proof key chain light.

Especially since it's AA size your mule can easily be carried in your pocket. Coins & keys will not hurt it.

Last edited:

gonefishing

Enlightened
Love that UI. The mule head is perfect for twisty operation. Well done[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Latest posts