My SF G2L Survived a 60 Foot Fall to Concrete! (With Pics)

snakeplissken83

Newly Enlightened
woah, now that's a strong light!

Its funny, just yesterday I dropped a brand new Nitecore tm15 on a concrete floor (accidentally of course) and it was totalled! the trouble is it was barely 20 centimetres off the ground when i dropped it!

jukeboxx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the torture test, and funny thing is your light survived and walked away, but i don't think you would have.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Just found this thread. That's awesome! Don't think any of my lights would survive this test:poof: (Not counting my McG. That would just be cruel) Need to get me a SF one day...

Gotta ask, which park is that?

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, completely off-topic but when I read the title of your thread I read it as below.....
[h=2]
buttrock.gif
My GF Survived a 60 Foot Fall to Concrete! (With Pics)[/h]
I am probably way too drunk for this time of the night....

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for the torture test, and funny thing is your light survived and walked away, but i don't think you would have.

I like knowing my gear will survive anything I do. If I'm dead, I guess it doesn't matter if my gear fails. But that's the ONLY time it doesn't matter. ;)

Did you end up epoxying the tailcap? That would get back most of it's strength and keep moisture and dirt out too.

No, I picked up two brand new black caps on the MP for a great deal and replaced it. Also got a dinged up steel bezel ring from a friend here for free to put on it in case I do any other crazy stuff to it. :grin2:

Sorry, completely off-topic but when I read the title of your thread I read it as below.....
[h=2] My GF Survived a 60 Foot Fall to Concrete! (With Pics)[/h]
I am probably way too drunk for this time of the night....

:sick2:

I think I'd be afraid of a girl as tough as this light!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I like my ladies a bit softer. Surviving just a 30 foot drop is enough in my book. :p

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
woah, now that's a strong light!

Its funny, just yesterday I dropped a brand new Nitecore tm15 on a concrete floor (accidentally of course) and it was totalled! the trouble is it was barely 20 centimetres off the ground when i dropped it!

Wasn't the trouble that it was totaled?

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Nooooooooooo! You dropped one with the metal bezel? Those are not very easy to find! I woulda went with the nitrolon bezel for the drop test.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nooooooooooo! You dropped one with the metal bezel? Those are not very easy to find! I woulda went with the nitrolon bezel for the drop test.

Might have a Nitrolon bezel floating around somewhere. I'll have to drop it again. :naughty:

Actually I replaced the incan head on one G2 with a KX4. Then I picked up two of the P60L style G2Ls from Cabela's when they were blowing them out to make way for the KX4 models. So I have 3 G2Ls now.. wasn't too concerned with dinging one up. That's my beater light for working on the car and such. I knew it would survive anyways. :nana:

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I will say this, if I were to drop a light I would want it to be one of the SF nitrolon I have. Little drops do pretty much nothing to them. I really think that Nitrolon absorbs the shock of a fall if you have a nice dropin in them. The sad fact of the matter is that those are usually not the ones I have EDC or in my hand. It makes the ol tummy do a flip flop when I get butter fingered with an Aluminum light, and I will probably :sick2: if I ever drop my ti McGizmo that is coming.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Now can someone drop a $200 Fenix, zebralight or any none surefire light to see which other lights can survive? Haha

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Now can someone drop a $200 Fenix, zebralight or any none surefire light to see which other lights can survive? Haha

I doubt you can find a $200 Fenix using 2xcr123...the only Fenix light i know of that reaches such price would be Tk75..but then again, Fenix never advertise their lights capable of stopping bullets...like what SF did. Dont really see a fair comparison here.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Ya I guess there IS no comparison. There's no way a TK75 or a Zebralight S6330 can survive that fall

I doubt you can find a $200 Fenix using 2xcr123...the only Fenix light i know of that reaches such price would be Tk75..but then again, Fenix never advertise their lights capable of stopping bullets...like what SF did. Dont really see a fair comparison here.

nbp

Flashaholic
I will say this, if I were to drop a light I would want it to be one of the SF nitrolon I have. Little drops do pretty much nothing to them. I really think that Nitrolon absorbs the shock of a fall if you have a nice dropin in them. The sad fact of the matter is that those are usually not the ones I have EDC or in my hand. It makes the ol tummy do a flip flop when I get butter fingered with an Aluminum light, and I will probably :sick2: if I ever drop my ti McGizmo that is coming.

I accidentally tossed my Haiku onto the asphalt pretty hard. Not a ding, dent or gouge. Works just fine. :)