NEBO ITEMS...POST ALL NEBO ITEMS HERE

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I was was thinking of giving NEBO lights out for Halloween Trick-Or-Treaters this year, however, I think next year I will do it, maybe with Photon Micro Lights?

You see, at all our properties, they are secure, so it is just a few kid's in the general area no bussing of children in to get candy over vast areas. And that is not much more than candy in a regular neighborhood.

I think next year, I will get some pink Larry Lights For the girls, and some red and yellow for boys. I really think they would like to get something like that, and maybe some candy too.

There was one year I did it to a few, and I can't remember what the Lights were. long time back.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The recently announced NEBO "LEO" light looks very interesting, does any one have one yet? I am am going to place am order for some soon. One for the house, and others to give as gifts. I may add one to the company grip truck, and studio. These NEBO people have some nice designs, Fixer do you have one yet?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The recently announced NEBO "LEO" light looks very interesting, does any one have one yet? I am am going to place am order for some soon. One for the house, and others to give as gifts. I may add one to the company grip truck, and studio. These NEBO people have some nice designs, Fixer do you have one yet?

Ha, that's awesome that they're still honing the design, very cool. Might have to get one myself.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year I bought a Nebo Redline zoomie. This was a tiny twist-zoom flashlight powered by 1xCR123. The exterior looked nice, but the interior left a lot to be desired.

* Plastic bezel retaining ring.... glows red when light is on. But if you drop the light on the bezel, the shock of the drop will hit this ring and might result in the head breaking in two.
* Very little metal on the inside of the light. I modded mine to use a FET driver and 16340, and the light got too hot to touch in seconds. My impression was that even the cheapest $2 budget zoomie has more aluminum in it and would make a better mod host.

wkearney99

Newly Enlightened
I wish their Big Larry had a 'red solid' mode instead of just 'red blinking'. It'd be great to have one in solid red for night vision saving aspects on the boat.

Their Tilt, however, is terrible. The button for turning it on/off/mode changes is very tedious to use. Not on... oops, not off, ooops wrong mode... ARRRGH.... into the TRASH!

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Another inovation by the fertile minds at Nebo.

Haven't been to my local batteries plus store lately Red. I'll be sure to place that as a destination around Christmas present shopping time. Looks very useful.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I wish their Big Larry had a 'red solid' mode instead of just 'red blinking'. It'd be great to have one in solid red for night vision saving aspects on the boat.

Red light only preserves night vision if it's deep red/660nm or above and so dim that you can't see that it's red; nearly all red LED lights are red-orange/~630nm and very visibly red. Look to Rigel Systems astronomy lights for 660nm super dimmable flashlights (with the caveat that using non-white light to complete any task that requires color recognition is essentially impossible,) short of that the one upside of regular red lights is that bugs can't see it and so aren't drawn to it.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Cryket and I really like it. I like that the red is accessible without having to go through the other modes and I like that after ~10 seconds, pushing the power button turns the light directly off instead of toggling through the other modes before turning off.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Their Tilt, however, is terrible. The button for turning it on/off/mode changes is very tedious to use. Not on... oops, not off, ooops wrong mode... ARRRGH.... into the TRASH!
I put the blinking lights from NEBO in all the windows that face the street, let them blink on red like something has gone totally wrong, and no one cares! But when you have a few of them it looks like the blast door to the silo is closing - still the guards drive right past. Still late night fun!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No Nebos in a while here. But I just rediscovered that tiny little number called "high beam".

In 2018 it's probably considered weak and ugly. But when everybody looks for low-lower-lowest output the high beam accels with it's 10 or so floody lumens. It's rechargeable from any 12 volt accessory port in an automobile without cables or cords or adapters. It has a twist head on/off that is easy to activate with one hand. It's about the size of a CR123 yet easy to grip due to well thought out shaping. Holds a charge for years so it's a great glove box light. And either this or clones like it can be found in auto part stores, car dealerships or even checkout aisles at convenience stores in some cases.

I've owned the one pictured for as long as I can remember.. 5... 8 years? Long before becoming a flashaholic... Anyway it's still on the charge it came with.
And no it does not short out when pocket carried with coins or other metal object.

Forward thinking from long ago by a little flashlight company called Nebo.

IMG_20180108_082540.jpg

Versus other small lights and an RCR

IMG_20180108_082606.jpg

The genuine Nebo has a concave lens with a magnifier dome in the center... lumen multiplier with a nice spill.

IMG_20180108_082633.jpg

Of course it's blue...
Back then they all were... unless it was green.
CRI? Who cares when changing a flat tire... unless you have color coded lug nuts.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I have had the little Nebo Leo for a few months now, not really seen much use tbh. But its there just in case or need to loan a light out.
C93WpMLl.jpg

Swivel head
Y5SVbLXl.jpg

Spot
vBkkfN1l.jpg

Has a ramping UI if press/hold, also memory so can set level.
ykQGSF8l.jpg

Tucked away in the inside pocket(under nut drivers)
ISnaQmml.jpg

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried any NEBOs recently. I didn't like having to cycle through the blinky modes to turn the light off. I really disliked the UI.

I hope that is no longer the case on the newer lights.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yeah, I am the fan of Nebo :twothumbs, I started to love flashlights because of NEBO !!!
Ok, please be aware of Rule 6.

Note that "fluff" posts which contain little substance, but could be considered touting, advertising, or promotional in nature, stand to be closed or deleted in their entirety without further warning or explanation.