Need a light headlamp

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
I tried to use the SC52 as a headlamp for a while but is just not working with any headband I tried. Also I think the "H" lights from Zebralight won't cut it for me (I wear glasses), I have an older Princeton Tec Vortec that's just perfect because it will stay a bit further from the forhead and won't basically shine in my glasses. Probably SC52 on a head mount like the one for HD Hero camera would work but no luck in finding or improvising something like that.

Other than that here's my edited version of the checklist:

[EUROPE] I will be mail-ordering or buying online, probably/preferably from some HK or similar ebay store.

Less than $50 (not mandatory).
I want a small headlamp.

LED

Battery (in order of preference): 1AA, 1AAA, 2AAA, 2AA, CR2032, maybe 3-4AAA?

Lumens: usually used around the house, but maybe sometimes also for outdoors walking, so a lowish low (let's say I need a low at around 1-7 lumen and a high of 50-100)

On the floody side, but also with some hotspot

Runtime will be given by batteries used and the light output, assuming some current okish LED and efficiency

Durability: prefer splashproof at least

Switch: no preference except maybe one-handed operation would be nice

UI: don't care if it isn't extremely bad

Maybe one red LED included also would be nice, but probably will restrict too much the selection

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear glasses and a ZL headlamp every day,no problems at all with the glasses.

I am thinking of trying a Spark too just to see how they are.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Did ypu try the Nitecore headband? It will not interfere with your glasses and would probably be perfect for your SC52. I am using mine with a Xeno E03 and it damn near a perfect setup.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
The headband looks good, I assume we're talking about HB02 and the idea is to use the top loops.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Yes. I have owned zebralights and I have an XTAR H1 Commander. This Nitecore strap with the top loops and my Xeno E03 is by far my favorite headlamp setup. You can put any small flashlight of your choice and use different ones for extreme versatility.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Fullspectrumclothing

Newly Enlightened
Photon Freedom microlights are incredibly bright and light weight, and they come with a clip for a baseball cap, so if you are ok with wearing a baseball cap its perfect. it is small enough that it may actually clip to the frame of your glasses. The light can easily be removed and used as a handlight and has fully adjustable brightness control as well as sos. Photon is also water proof, almost indestructible, and carry a lifetime warranty without a receipt or anything. I Have owned many which I use in an "orbit" light toy and just as a key chain flash light. It can be seen from 2 miles away, its totally the best bang for its size. You can also pick from many colors, but the white is by for the best for a head lamp unless you want to have a headlamp and still be kind of discreet there is green or orange which draw less attention from enemies, as well as in IR version if you have night vision goggles! ;) Anyway, just my two cents on a light i know about...you may be better off with something more geared specifically as a head lamp, but you can get one of these for around 10 bucks or less on Amazon and its probably the best keychain light you can buy, so its worth the risk in my opinion, even if you dont like it as a head lamp. Also it comes with a necklace or lanyard with a clip that holds the light, and it is fully made in the U.S.A by a small company out of Blatchley, OR.

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
I have a Preon Revo S2 for keychain (although it's been bumped by the SC52), I used it with a baseball cap, works great but thing is I don't use one much. I know the Photons for a long time but never owned an "original" one (still you can't get one in Europe for less than $15+ no matter where is shipped from on ebay, never mind brick and mortar stores).