Need a thrower with some decent flood as well.

hivoltage3061

Newly Enlightened
Need a mix of the 2. Something around $100, and it does not need to be pocketable. I have found several, but would like some suggestions from happy owners. However, distance is more important that flood. I have been on this forum for 10 years, but lost my password and couldn't log in so I needed to create a new account. Not a newbie...lol Thanks.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
acebeam L18 TIR optic, 1500lm, 250kcd, 1000m, less spill than a reflector type
acebeam L35 lattice power, TIR, 4300lm, 81.2kcd, 570m, high lumen, not as far
thrunite catapult V6, SST, 2836lm, 120kcd, 692m, throw over large area

all are USB-C rechargeable via battery or port and can be found on amazon, $75-90

if you can be more specific on use, where and distance requirement it'd be easier to make recommendations.

db4rings

Newly Enlightened
Need a mix of the 2. Something around $100, and it does not need to be pocketable. I have found several, but would like some suggestions from happy owners. However, distance is more important that flood. I have been on this forum for 10 years, but lost my password and couldn't log in so I needed to create a new account. Not a newbie...lol Thanks.

I just received the fenix pd35 v3 and its the best overall light ive owned. Its better than the pd40. It has a great throw with enough spill,

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore MH25 v.2. 1300 lumens, 519 yds. throw, $90. I have the MH10 v.2 which is a similar light with a smaller head. Brightness settings are just right to cover just about any task, and runtime at each setting is hard to beat.

pc_light

Enlightened
Catapult Mini uses an optic that narrows the beam, great for throw but will have reduced spill/flood compared to regular Cat.

FWIW, I love my Cat V6.

Last edited:

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
thru nIte cata pult V6

warmurf

Enlightened
$181 here in Oss. Seems most flashlight prices have gone nuts for us, especially on Amazon. Easily twice US prices. Looking to get into some more recent lights after not buying for years but sheesh!

james4001

Newly Enlightened
How about a Convoy 4x18a sbt90.2?

Here's a review not mine, seems to have reasonable flood and a decent throw.
https://grizzlysreviews.wordpress.c...ted-convoy-4x18a-sbt-review-still-incredible/

I've just ordered one from aliexpress, I'm hoping it's a good all round performer. Heres the link to what I ordered-

£76.59 | Convoy 4X18A flashlight, SBT90.2, 5400lm, with temperature control and type-c charging interface,with 4 pieces 18650 battery
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqRDRe8

Can't wait for it to come now!

James