• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

stevenkelby

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

I'm confident I could swap emitters in an S6330 with a second person helping, but can't imagine how to bump the current, it's well potted!

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gah, potted, that sucks :(

Well, I'd settle for just better emitters too. Hopefully Vinh will be successful enough soon to get an assistant.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

If you ship a light to me without a note of what you want done and your contact info. Expect delays.

DMS1970

Enlightened

Just ordered a TX25c2 and had it sent your way. Its the old XML, please swap XML2 6500k, de-dome, copper and thermal adhesive. I see an old thread where you sold your personal one of these and noted the current was bumped to 3.4a, I would be interested in bumping to this or higher. Let me know. If you have an idea of cost I can pay you asap. I included my user name in the address line on the package.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered a TX25c2 and had it sent your way. Its the old XML, please swap XML2 6500k, de-dome, copper and thermal adhesive. I see an old thread where you sold your personal one of these and noted the current was bumped to 3.4a, I would be interested in bumping to this or higher. Let me know. If you have an idea of cost I can pay you asap. I included my user name in the address line on the package.

PM Sent

TEEJ

Flashaholic

The S6330 uses XMLu3's unless they updated the flashlight. I wish we could have xml2t6 in there. My ongoing request to Vingh is if he ever figures out a way to swap out LEDs, and bump current on HIGH only on the s6330 to do it for me right away.

The modded Raging would be the shallow reflectored XML2's...making it even floodier than the S6330, which does use U3's. (Just clarifying as its hard to tell if you had them reversed?)

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened

If you ship a light to me without a note of what you want done and your contact info. Expect delays.

After I shipped my light I realized I had forgotten to include my CPF name on the note, but I did include my name, return address and mods requested. I included all the info, including my CPF name, on the Paypal note though.

The light is due to arrive today (out for delivery last I checked the tracking).

If you get a TX25C2 today and are unsure who the CPF member behind the mod request is, these were the requested mods I put on the note.

Requested work:

- Emitter swap with a 3C 5000k XM-L2
- Dedome
- And any other adjustments/mods you can make that will make the light better and/or brighter.

Sorry for not putting my CPF handle on the note, I was in a rush to get to the post office before they closed.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

After I shipped my light I realized I had forgotten to include my CPF name on the note, but I did include my name, return address and mods requested. I included all the info, including my CPF name, on the Paypal note though.

The light is due to arrive today (out for delivery last I checked the tracking).

If you get a TX25C2 today and are unsure who the CPF member behind the mod request is, these were the requested mods I put on the note.

Sorry for not putting my CPF handle on the note, I was in a rush to get to the post office before they closed.

:)

tallyram

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh. I have an Eagletac MX25L2 with SST-90. I bought this light to take the place of a Q-Beam spotlight for boat use. Is there anything you can do to increase throw? It puts out a ton of light, but it's spill is to bright and not focused enough. The tint is on the blue side as well. I would like to improve throw without sacrificing to many of those precious lumens. I know that I want to swap the led for something warmer(SBT-70?). Just not sure about loosing a bunch of lumens. I'd like to know your thoughts.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh. I have an Eagletac MX25L2 with SST-90. I bought this light to take the place of a Q-Beam spotlight for boat use. Is there anything you can do to increase throw? It puts out a ton of light, but it's spill is to bright and not focused enough. The tint is on the blue side as well. I would like to improve throw without sacrificing to many of those precious lumens. I know that I want to swap the led for something warmer(SBT-70?). Just not sure about loosing a bunch of lumens. I'd like to know your thoughts.

Dedome is the cheap route. Sbt70 cost $50-70 for led alone.

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened

I got the same thing! Heck, even the sorting/delivery times are identical to my tracking. Was out for delivery today to vinh, then I checked tracking not long ago and it says "Notice left".

Normally this wouldn't bother me too much, however I also had a USPS package that was supposed to be delivered to me today and it was also marked as "notice left". Only problem is I had no notice left in my mailbox, front-door or anywhere.

Something fishy going on with USPS today. Maybe they went on a "box delivering strike".

So this notice left thing, that just means it needs to be picked up at the post office right?

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Go to the post office, bring the tracking number, and an ID to show that you actually live at the address. It used to happen all the time that tracking would show Notice left for me, but no notice.

Other time, I was actually home for once, excited, guy comes up and leaves a notice, pre-written. Says "Sorry, pick it up at the post office." Lazy SOB.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I am not taking on anymore private modding projects for a while. Thank You for understanding.

Vinh

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (Not Taking More Orders) Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

I am not taking on anymore private modding projects for a while. Thank You for understanding.

Vinh

Phew.. looks like I got my d40a out the door just in time.

If you don't have time no prob.. just send it back :)

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened

Vinh

:eeksign:

Oh no!

Understandable though, you have 11+ WTS threads up and must be very busy.

Just don't burn yourself out! :sweat:

DMS1970

Enlightened

Yeah, hope you catch up. Glad I just got off my duff and sent you one to do. I've been procrastinating a couple of mods with you that I wish I had done now! I would imagine the random mods take up much more time keeping track of mods, payments shipping addresses, than doing lights in batches of 10-20...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Doing private mods does take a lot of effort. Just taking a break for now. :)

donn_

Flashaholic

I can't wait until Monday to find out:

How did the de-domed XP-G2 work out in the SR450 reflector?

And the 4500K XM-L2s in the LP-Mini and C21C?