NEOFAB D1000 P60LED DROPIN PREVIEW

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone, just got some info on the new upcoming D1000 and D1500 P60LED Dropin modules from NeoFab. I got some info and pictures for the D1000 module specifically:

NeoFab D1000 1-stage Cree XP-G module

- Input Range: 3.3V-9.0V
- Output Current: 1.0A
- Efficiency: 80%~85%
- Battery Type: 2xCR123, 2xRCR123/16340, 1x18650
- 5.5 Degree TIR Optic
- Constructed of Copper or Brass
- Highest Available Cool White Bin Cree XP-G Emitter

The current prototype and pictures are using a Cree XP-E emitter, but the final product will be using the XP-G.

Pictures:

d1000_01a.jpg

Prototype D1000 Module

_DSC8343.jpg

Approximately 4.5 Meters Beamshot Outside

_DSC8327.jpg

Approximately 1 Meter Beamshot Indoors

_DSC83469.jpg

Approximately 1.5 Meters Beamshot Outside

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
so with an optiq this will be designed for throw?

I assume the d1500 will be driven a bit harder?

will these be fully potted like others with similar design?

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting this. I've been really interested in these, and look forward to picking one up.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
so with an optiq this will be designed for throw?

I assume the d1500 will be driven a bit harder?

will these be fully potted like others with similar design?
From what I have heard, it will probably throw better than the M60. The D1000 is driven at 1A and the D1500 at 1.5A. I don't know if it's fully potted or not though.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my understanding and also the fact that the D1000 prototype is using an XP-E emitter, Neo may keep it that way for throw considerations. Since the XP-E die is smaller, it seems to throw farther using the same optic. The D1500 for sure utilizes an XP-G emitter and from what I understand gets fairly warm. Also to my knowledge, these dropins will be fully potted. The dropin shown in the first picture is an early prototype and I was told that some of the samples going to testers will be of the early prototype design...as I've also been told the final version will have some physical design tweaks.

purelite

Enlightened
sounds good!!!

I would love a setup like this driven a little harder than the other similar dropin!!!

Hopefully pricing will be reasonable and quantitites more than 10-15 total ? Nothing worse than following these threads for month after month and then the release comes and its 15 -20 units that are gone in 5mins and then nothing for months after if ever!!!

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently the test modules have been sent out, so hopefully we'll see some reviews in a week or so.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow the beam is nicer and more narrow then I thought.

I will get the 1.5A Cool model soon and will compare it against the M30 (300 OTF lumen model), Dereelight R2 (230ish OTF), L1 with R2 (390 OTF), and many other P60 or smaller type throwers. Unfortanetly; Aspherics will not be included in my shootout.

Any pictures of the Optic and more detailed ones of the heatsink please?

bigC

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow the beam is nicer and more narrow then I thought.

I will get the 1.5A Cool model soon and will compare it against the M30 (300 OTF lumen model), Dereelight R2 (230ish OTF), L1 with R2 (390 OTF), and many other P60 or smaller type throwers. Unfortanetly; Aspherics will not be included in my shootout.

Any pictures of the Optic and more detailed ones of the heatsink please?

bigC

At this point, the prototype test D1000s being sent out are using an XP-E LED in them and it may stay that way in favor of having more throw when compared to using an XP-G LED. The TIR Optic remains to be the same no matter which LED is being used. With the XP-E, it's supposedly a 3 degree beam and 5.5 degree with the XP-G. The heatsink/module body is one solid piece and is either made of brass or copper. Well know more as soon as the prototype test modules get to the people who are testing them.

There's a 300 lumens OTF M30? Was that a custom made one? The M30 is suppose to just be boost circuit version of the M60, should be somewhere around 230 lumens OFT if I remember correctly. Even the new M61 that uses an R5 bin XP-G LED is stated on the product webpage as 260 OTF lumens.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at these one Neo's site and
it said something about partial gold coating
somewhere- sounds good to me.

I wonder if people will start buying these just
for the cup/pill thingy and mod them with
multiple xpgs or with sst etc.

its kind of a broad input range - I wonder how it works on just
one 18650?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jcw122

Enlightened
Why brass "or" copper? They have very different thermal properties.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get a neutral led version in a heartbeat as long as is R2 bin XP-E or R4 XP-G. Or relatively easy to upgrade the LED.

purelite

Enlightened
These are supposed to be potted as well , I dont know how easy it will be to upgrade it if its like a Malkoff and filled with potting cmpnd.

I wish these had ended up being copper but isnt brass pretty good at thermal transfer as well? Thats why Malkoff used it isnt it?

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are supposed to be potted as well , I dont know how easy it will be to upgrade it if its like a Malkoff and filled with potting cmpnd.

I wish these had ended up being copper but isnt brass pretty good at thermal transfer as well? Thats why Malkoff used it isnt it?

Keep in mind all the testers being sent out are prototypes. In my discussions with Neo, potting and a copper body are adjustable ideas meaning he would considering doing so if there are enough requests for it.

purelite

Enlightened
huh, I was under the impression these were to be fully potted? That is not the case?

I know he had mentioned utilizing copper but am guessing maybe it wasnt a viable path to take

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass is almost as good as a heat conductor as Aluminum, it just takes the same volume and therefore three times the weight to get the same thermal performance. The advantage is that Brass is stronger and more corrosion resistant so does not need to be anodized and therefore the outer body remains conductive. Brass is less than half as thermally conductive as copper, which is just as dense as brass, but can then be made thinner & lighter and still perform well.

They can be potted, but as long as you can remove the optic to reach the emitter it can be upgraded or changed to a different tint.