*new* Acebeam K70: max. 2600 lumens, 1300 meters throw

Hutchoven

Newly Enlightened
Presume 7A at the LED, not sure on the carrier though.............with 4 cells i would have thought no need for a boost driver. But no idea of the carrier layout! Could be 2s2p with a boost, or maybe 3s1p..........no need then?

The NC cells are not a good choice either way imho, it will not sustain(if at all) turbo for long. 4 Samsung 30Q will see you right, for more mah the 10a 3500 cells(LG or Sanyo)

Well we will see because I just ordered 4 30q's just to make sure but I'll test both on the k70. Tomorrow makes a month since I ordered mine. Definitely will not ever order from this seller again. Along with giving them a negative on eBay.

ven

Flashaholic
Bummer, hope it gets to you!

30Q's i will use as well:) your covered well now anyway:thumbsup:

kj2

Flashaholic
Think 7A is a bit at the high side as well, but that is what Acebeam CS told me. Of course, there is a language barrier.

Theodore41

Enlightened
Hi.
Can I put a question about 16340 batteries?If it is off topic,please can you put it accordingly?
I ask,because I bought a blue 4+W laser,and as the manufacturer says,
"Diode : NUBM07E
Diode's Output : 4W-5W
Driver : X-drive to 3.5A
Lens : High Power Lens - S1 , G9 or G2 lens
Power supply : 2x 16340 Batteries , positive goes in first while negative to to tailcap.
Duty cycle : 1-2 minutes on/off".
So,because I see 3.5A from some 2 in series 16340,can you please suggest which batteries should use?

Torchguy

Newly Enlightened
Think 7A is a bit at the high side as well, but that is what Acebeam CS told me. Of course, there is a language barrier.
FWIW, Acebeam told me: "K70 also need 2.5A current for the max current, so we suggest use Acebeam battery with 3MOS PCB".

Torchguy

Newly Enlightened
I just did two run-time tests with my K70. With a set of well-used Keeppower 2,600mAh protected (Sanyo) batteries, it ran for 1:12 at full power before the PCB on one of the batteries cut out. The other cells measured around 3.4v after the test.

With a set of fairly new Samsung INR 25R it ran for 1:23 before the beam started flashing. The batteries tested 3.2-3.3v after the test.

The K70 ran quite hot for the first part of the test, but not as hot as the K60. I gather that it steps down from Level 6 to Level 5 after five minutes, but I didn't notice the reduction in brightness.

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
I love the light guys but 1300m is a bit of an exaggeration. Also look at the picture. I originally talked about the quality which is great. One issue though is the visible tool marks on the reflector. This could have been polished much better. Other than that no complaints so far.
k70-cree-xhp35-2600lm-throw-1300m
http://www.acebeam.com/k70-cree-xhp35-2600lm-throw-1300m.

Sorry I tried to post a picture here but only links allowed.

=the=

Newly Enlightened
Cullihall: I measured 1382m (477kcd) from one of my samples, so 1300m is not exaggerated at all.

What kind of tool marks does the reflector of your light feature? You can upload the photo for example to imgur.com and then add photo here using link given by imgur.. (or PM me to get my email address to send the photo - I can then upload it to some place and link here)

VNguyen

Enlightened
That's some awesome numbers =the=. So acebeam is pretty on point with their measurement. That's good to hear.

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
I have a tree line about 500 yards behind my house and it's hard to see light on it from my K70.

Hutchoven

Newly Enlightened
Are you standing next to the tree 500 yards away with the Flashlight on a tripod or being held by someone else, or are you trying to distinguish light from 500 yards away?

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a tree line about 500 yards behind my house and it's hard to see light on it from my K70.

Math shows that at 500 yds, the light puts about 2 lux on target. That's 2 lumens over 1 square meter. If the target is not reflective, the net lux reflected back to your eyes is even less. So yeah, it's no surprise. Like another member suggests, expect the effective range to be only 1/3 of that advertised, and you won't be unimpressed.

you know what, better make that 1/5.

Last edited:

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
Are you standing next to the tree 500 yards away with the Flashlight on a tripod or being held by someone else, or are you trying to distinguish light from 500 yards away?

I am using the light from my back yard and can not see it 500 yards away on the trees.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Math shows that at 500 yds, the light puts about 2 lux on target. That's 2 lumens over 1 square meter. If the target is not reflective, the net lux reflected back to your eyes is even less. So yeah, it's no surprise. Like another member suggests, expect the effective range to be only 1/3 of that advertised, and you won't be unimpressed.

you know what, better make that 1/5.

How did u get 1/5 of advertise? I'm serious, no sarcasm. I just want to learn.