*new* Acebeam K70: max. 2600 lumens, 1300 meters throw

ven

Flashaholic
I can't find reviews yet so will have to presume they are Sanyo/pany 10a 3500mah cells inside and the 20a is for burst. I am not aware of any 20a continuous 3500mah cell available right now. It's not unusual for Efest to use the burst rating on the side that can mislead IMHO . If someone uses them in a mechanical mod(example) with very low ohm coil/s and think 20a , well that's how things can go wrong !

Flashlights within reason won't be an issue , not many that require more than 10a continuous that I am aware of , other than highly modded single cell lights , which require the right tail cap to allow that kind of current .

So as it stands , those cells should be fine at 10a .

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info Mark. To be honest, I would be quite surprised if the capacity of 3500ma is a true rating for an IMR 18650 cell too. IMRs have always had lower capacity ratings than their li-ion counterparts due to their different chemistry. For instance my AW 18650 IMR that I bought (admittedly a good few years ago) is only rated at 1600ma and I thought that was quite good at the time. So to suddenly see an IMR that's rated at more than double this and more than most of the highest rated li-ions seems quite strange to me.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes , IMR tend to be lower mah, lower than INR , they are "hybrids" so a mixture of chemicals and now they seem to have gone away from IMR and moved to INR . These seem to have more capacity but not quite the A rating. As with anything there are pros and cons and I am led to believe the lower mah have less voltage sag. These are from my findings from looking for cells and just IMO . Nothing scientific !

Iirc the true rating is around 3200-3300mah (splitting hairs really as that's taking them down to the minimum voltage which we won't do )but very good cells as Sanyo /Panasonic. Check out the review of the 10a 3500mah , these should be the ones under the wrapper and will do the job fine.
:)

ven

Flashaholic
The k60 does get warmer fast, but at around 4500lm it will , however its an awesome light imo, one of the better large lights for all round uses(throw and flood) with a near perfect beam(more so de-domed).

Nice line up:D

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
The k60 does get warmer fast, but at around 4500lm it will , however its an awesome light imo, one of the better large lights for all round uses(throw and flood) with a near perfect beam(more so de-domed).

Nice line up:D

Thanks ven. I love these lights. I have the Jetbeam DDR30 which is a really good light but I decided that the K60 would be a better light. It is bigger and heavier but it's brighter and better throw.

ven

Flashaholic
The DDR30 has always been one of those lights that appealed but never had.............maybe a bit like the tm26! but could not get my head round the look.

Acebeam are certainly on form of late:D

easilyled

Flashaholic
My batteries already arrived Mark, and judging by the length of time that it took to charge them fully (they've been in my Xtar VP1s for about 12 hours charging at a rate of 0.25A), they must indeed be pretty high capacity!!

My K70 is on its its way, so everything is set to go.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the guy that posted that awesome K70 review on YT got back to me he said he started out with unprotected Panny B's but one failed so he switched tp PFs. So basically anything is fine.....

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
the guy that posted that awesome K70 review on YT got back to me he said he started out with unprotected Panny B's but one failed so he switched tp PFs. So basically anything is fine.....

Chris from Acebeam told me this:

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]there are no obvious difference by eye between 1900 and 2600lm if power by protected cells, but test by instrument, or use unprotected cells".

Sounds like unprotected are what he is suggesting.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris from Acebeam told me this:

"there are no obvious difference by eye between 1900 and 2600lm if power by protected cells, but test by instrument, or use unprotected cells".

Sounds like unprotected are what he is suggesting.

If he's suggesting that protected cells like the KeepPower 3400mAh (Panasonic NCR18650B) do not provide enough to power the 2600 lumen high setting ... he's full of boloney.

My buddy's K70 runs beautifully on the 3400mAh KeepPower cells and you can definitely tell the difference visually amping from 1900 to 2600 lumens.

If that's not what he's saying...just slap me! Sometimes my comprehension skills can be lacking.

Last edited:

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
If he's suggesting that protected cells like the KeepPower 3400mAh (Panasonic NCR18650B) do not provide enough to power the 2600 lumen high setting ... he's full of boloney.

My buddy's K70 runs beautifully on the 3400mAh KeepPower cells and you can definitely tell the difference visually amping from 1900 to 2600 lumens.

If that's not what he's saying...just slap me! Sometimes my comprehension skills can be lacking.

I agree with you. I've used 2400mAh Jetbeam (maybe Panasonic) protected and it works fine. Mine where not completely charged the first time I tried so no difference in 1900 to 2600. Perfect after a charge though.

That was a direct quote from him though.

ven

Flashaholic
My batteries already arrived Mark, and judging by the length of time that it took to charge them fully (they've been in my Xtar VP1s for about 12 hours charging at a rate of 0.25A), they must indeed be pretty high capacity!!

My K70 is on its its way, so everything is set to go.

I am sure they will be Daniel , I would defo use the 1a setting though for a quicker charge time.

Hoping its with you for the weekend ,if not it's still something to look forward to getting! :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am sure they will be Daniel , I would defo use the 1a setting though for a quicker charge time.

Hoping its with you for the weekend ,if not it's still something to look forward to getting! :)

Hi Mark, the light arrived today and all is good. Batteries worked fine and I'm very impressed with the quality of the light and the speed of the shippin. Its certainly a monster of a light in terms of output/throw and it renders my old Olight SR90 completely obsolete at half the size, more output and four times as much throw. (More efficiency too)

Thanks very much for the recommendation for the light and also for who to purchase it from. :thumbsup:

Cullihall

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mark, the light arrived today and all is good. Batteries worked fine and I'm very impressed with the quality of the light and the speed of the shippin. Its certainly a monster of a light in terms of output/throw and it renders my old Olight SR90 completely obsolete at half the size, more output and four times as much throw. (More efficiency too)

Thanks very much for the recommendation for the light and also for who to purchase it from. :thumbsup:

Congrats. Awesome light!

ven

Flashaholic
Fantastic stuff Daniel:):party:, glad it arrived for some weekend illumination time................now you just need an area, up to the job of stretching its legs!

Glad the cells are fine, happy da.........nights:D

easilyled

Flashaholic
Congrats. Awesome light!

Fantastic stuff Daniel:):party:, glad it arrived for some weekend illumination time................now you just need an area, up to the job of stretching its legs!

Thanks guys. Its really nice to know that Acebeam produce such high quality lights. The K60 is quite tempting too. :drunk:

Theodore41

Enlightened

I wait 4 30Q batteries from BG,and another 4 Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500 mAh,from NKON.Nl,while the light is on its way.:whistle: