• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

after doing some comparison to some other single xmls i have decided that this led is teh awesomeness. :rock:

ive been running this led on high for nearly 2 hours on a fresh aw 3100 and it hasnt gotten to hot to hold, nor has it shown any signs of low battery yet!

i will be edc-ing this for a while... theres no way im letting this out of my sight:huh:

oh - and great job dave for prompt shipping and a great quality dropin :rock::cool:

thanks for the review :D

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

approx 2h 15 mins on high on 1 fresh aw 3100mah... reloaded with another fresh 3100 and still going :rock:

sign me up for a warm one of these. me want :)

xml

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

I would like the following:

(1) XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
5 levels *high , med , low , SOS, Strobe*
LOP Reflector
FREE POTTING (Thanks!)
$35

Thanks again!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the info. How is the throw?

Have not used it for long distances yet. But from what I have seen the hotspot seems bright and very intense. Noticeably more so than thw xpg1. If I point the light at my dark colored curtains about 20f away you can see a bit of 'light saber' effect for about the first 2 feet or so from the end of the light.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pm sent for 2 Units @ $35 each, Plus Int 1st class International shipping $5.00

XP-G2 R5 flux
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
5 levels *high , med , low , SOS, Strobe*
With smooth reflector.
potted

:paypal:

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

I'll take:

XP-G2 R5 flux
1D tint
3.6-10 volts 1.4 amps
3 level *high, med, low*
LOP reflector
Potted

:thumbsup: :paypal:

Last edited:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

Got my drop in today, super fast shipping! The beam looks great with a nice focused spot, glad I got the smooth reflector. Don't get the smooth if you want a perfect white wall beam though.. The emitter is perfectly centered, the tint is a real nice white with a bit of violet in the spill. Drawing 1.65a at the tail off an older AW 18650.:cool:

P1010281.jpg

To Dave's post below: Haha, I was trying to figure that one out. Love it just the way it is, it got a careful copper taping so it will be fine. Thanks for the awesome work!

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got my drop in today, super fast shipping! The beam looks great with a nice focused spot, glad I got the smooth reflector. Don't get the smooth if you want a perfect white wall beam though.. The emitter is perfectly centered, the tint is a real nice white with a bit of violet in the spill. Drawing 1.65a at the tail off an older AW 18650.:cool:

LOL now I know where my sample 1.75 amp pill went. I noticed it wasn't around but had no idea who it was shipped to, the extra amperage is safe but if you wanted a 1.4 amp for runtime I will be glad to send another when i get back.

enjoy

Dave

MiWaFreu

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * high , med , low *
smooth reflector
potting :thanks:
Int 1st class

Re: Order

Order Up...
One XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8 - 6 volts at 1.4 amps, please
3 levels * high , med , low *
LOP reflector
Potted (with thanks).

Paypal to follow with confirmation by PM.

P.S. - Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 24F84695467660331)

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL now I know where my sample 1.75 amp pill went. I noticed it wasn't around but had no idea who it was shipped to, the extra amperage is safe but if you wanted a 1.4 amp for runtime I will be glad to send another when i get back.

enjoy

Dave

haha dang, I was wondering if you ever got em mixed up lol

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok, so whos going to be the first to lightbox this and get us some OTF numbers:poke:

litzerski

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * high , med , low
Smooth Reflector
Free Potting Please!

Paypal on it's way

Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok, so whos going to be the first to lightbox this and get us some OTF numbers:poke:

Hi

I guess you did not read post 26 as I posted lumen numbers there. i use a calibrated sphere on all my OTF measurements instead of using manufacturer bulb lumens and guessing as some do. OTF will NEVER be as high as manufacturer bulb lumens as many quote no matter what is quoted in places.

Thanks

Dave

PS Don't forget it will be first of week before I get back to the shop to build but they will all be shipped in a couple of days. I thought i would be back in office on Monday but it looks like Tues before I can get there.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

The lumens are what I was expecting. Some lux numbers would be much more interesting, IMO. What is the lux difference between smooth and op reflector, how does the XP-G2 compare to XP-E and XR-E, etc.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

The lumens are what I was expecting. Some lux numbers would be much more interesting, IMO. What is the lux difference between smooth and op reflector, how does the XP-G2 compare to XP-E and XR-E, etc.

Hi

I do not measure lux numbers, I have a fairly expensive sphere with a good light meter that has been calibrated by MrGman in K foot candles and a formula to translate into lumens. I usually rely on true OTF lumens as many good manufactures like malkoff and 4/7's use. Sorry I wish I could be of more help on that subject.

I would imagine from available Cree charts they would be much like a XPE since the beam angles are the same at 115 degrees, a XRE is 90 degrees but 150 lumens less Crees charts give us a pretty good guess.

I will take some beam shots when I get home and caught up, I felt it was more important before I left to get all orders shipped and did not have time.

Dave

Last edited:

grego15

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels high , med , low
smooth reflector
free potting

Paypal sent!