• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

Ezrider71

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate the advice you gave me it helped me to better understand some of the terminology used here. I believe from what you said the XPG2 would be what I'm wanting as this is for my weapon light and I want a really bright spot beam with some decent spill to see surrounding area, (a good defensive width) and a really good throw. Do you think that would be a good combo or is what i described even possible? Thank you and God Bless.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate the advice you gave me it helped me to better understand some of the terminology used here. I believe from what you said the XPG2 would be what I'm wanting as this is for my weapon light and I want a really bright spot beam with some decent spill to see surrounding area, (a good defensive width) and a really good throw. Do you think that would be a good combo or is what i described even possible? Thank you and God Bless.

HI

I myself like the XPG2 better than the XPE2, I often recommend it for weapons lights as the XPE2 is very tunnel like. I sell many of the XPG2's to LEO's who like it much for the reasons you have mentioned.

Remember smooth will give the best throw and XPG2's look good in a smooth.

We do stock warm whites as you can see but remember they won't be as bright as a neutral or coolwhite. Many like the 3D neutral as it is about middle of the road tint wise but still as bright as a coolwhite.

Dave

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Curious thing I got my new drop in today and surprisingly this one functions in my G2 perfectly fine while my first one does not. It's runs at slight lower amperage than my first also. This one runs at 1.07 while the one I had runs at 1.16 according to a cheap meter. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with running a one amp drop in with a G2 but I'll play with it for a while and see what happens. If this one stays in the G2 I will have a 6P open for a possible XML later.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious thing I got my new drop in today and surprisingly this one functions in my G2 perfectly fine while my first one does not. It's runs at slight lower amperage than my first also. This one runs at 1.07 while the one I had runs at 1.16 according to a cheap meter. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with running a one amp drop in with a G2 but I'll play with it for a while and see what happens. If this one stays in the G2 I will have a 6P open for a possible XML later.

HI

I doubt you will have any problems running a 1 amp in the G2, the amperage is not a problem only heat so it should be easy to monitor as you use the light. You won't hurt the module and I am sure you won't hurt the nitrolon or what ever they use in the construction of the body.

As for the difference in the amperage one may have been made on a 1.5 amp driver and one on a 1.4 amp, or the hosts used to measure in may have different resistance.

Dave

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
HI

I doubt you will have any problems running a 1 amp in the G2, the amperage is not a problem only heat so it should be easy to monitor as you use the light. You won't hurt the module and I am sure you won't hurt the nitrolon or what ever they use in the construction of the body.

As for the difference in the amperage one may have been made on a 1.5 amp driver and one on a 1.4 amp, or the hosts used to measure in may have different resistance.

Dave

Thanks I thought the amerage would dictate the amount of heat... I was just worried too much heat would damage the led. Because of the fact that I like single mode lights the tend to get ran on "high" for long periods of time.

Different drivers may explain why one has a straight positive spring while the other has a tapered spring. The one with a tapered spring has a longer overall length and actually works in my old G2.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have constant current drivers? PWM although invisible to the naked eye wreaks havoc on digital video that I have shot at night.

Hi

I have one for XML's that is 2.5 amps but none for XPG2's unless you want a one level 3.6-16 volt.

While PWM's hurt digital photo's constant current unless running wide open will often tint shift towards greens and such. Many times you will read a review of a light and they say it looks green and such on med and low, that is usually because of the constant current driver which is one of the reasons I don't carry many of them.

Dave

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Tint quality makes sense and your fidelity to the quality of the beam makes that all the more logical. I love the quality of each of the drop-ins that you have made for me but I want it all. ;) even if it is impossible. I'm going to have to think a day or two about this next drop-in. Since I have not thought in a while it might hurt. Thanks for the help.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint quality makes sense and your fidelity to the quality of the beam makes that all the more logical. I love the quality of each of the drop-ins that you have made for me but I want it all. ;) even if it is impossible. I'm going to have to think a day or two about this next drop-in. Since I have not thought in a while it might hurt. Thanks for the help.

Hi

I have one constant current driver that is 2.5 amps, it is made for XML but with the new copper pads some are running XPG2's at that current. The driver has 2 UI's on it , a 2 level high / low and a 5 level with strobe and SOS. Since it is not a PWM it may suit your needs better. It is a 4.2 volt max so no 2Xprimaries, 1Xli ion works great.

Dave

Ezrider71

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave, sorry to just be getting back with you I've been having to go to hospital everyday since I first posted, my dads been in. I believe I will try the XPG2 smooth, in the 3D neutral you recommended as this sounds to be type beam I'm looking for. It will probably be around next weekend before I'll place my order, will I just need to reply back to you through the reply you send to this? Just let me know if you have this available and what I need to do. Thank you for all your help.
God Bless
Paul

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, sorry to just be getting back with you I've been having to go to hospital everyday since I first posted, my dads been in. I believe I will try the XPG2 smooth, in the 3D neutral you recommended as this sounds to be type beam I'm looking for. It will probably be around next weekend before I'll place my order, will I just need to reply back to you through the reply you send to this? Just let me know if you have this available and what I need to do. Thank you for all your help.
God Bless

Paul

HI

Yes I keep these ready to go. Just PM me and I will help you get it ordered.

thanks

dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi

I should have red and green gen two (XPE2) emitters tomorrow. For those of you that like the colored emitters these are latest and just out.

We will be offering these in our standard P60's and modified Solarforce M3's and M3S for varmint hunters on the website.

Both throw well in the lamphead, much better than regular P60 since the reflector is much larger. With the new sink pads we can jack up the amperage but the green can be pushed a bit harder than the red.

Dave

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi

I should have red and green gen two (XPE2) emitters tomorrow. For those of you that like the colored emitters these are latest and just out.

We will be offering these in our standard P60's and modified Solarforce M3's and M3S for varmint hunters on the website.

Both throw well in the lamphead, much better than regular P60 since the reflector is much larger. With the new sink pads we can jack up the amperage but the green can be pushed a bit harder than the red.

Dave

that's cool! thanks for the update

Ggmesquita

Newly Enlightened
Hello Dave,

I'll take:
XP-G2 R4 flux 5B4 tint
2.8-6 volts 1.7 amps
3 levels high , med , low
op reflector
free potting

Pp incoming.
Thnaks!
Gg

atolchev

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Dave

I'll take:

CPF - atolchev
XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * low, med, high *
Smooth reflectors
International shipping - $12
Total - $47

PP sent.
Thanks

Last edited:

AMkrew

Newly Enlightened
If I want to order a host from you along with a drop in, could I do that in this thread?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I want to order a host from you along with a drop in, could I do that in this thread?

HI

It is much easier on me for keeping up with orders if you go through the website. You can get anything on the site you can get here and if a certain tint is not shown on the site just leave me a note at check out as there is a spot to do that. Shipping is the same here as on the site if a host is ordered.
WWW.customlites.com

Just helps me keep up with the orders properly.

Thanks

Dave

Latest posts