New Eagletac G25C2 MK2- 1030 lumens from 1x 18650

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
This ET definitely has my interest now, I've been searching for something with more power than my SC600 in the 1x 18650 form.

The G25C2 is a completely different light than the SC600, so even if it wasnt brighter, its still justifiable to have both, because they are good for different purposes and have different strengths. I have an SC600 and a G25C2 Mk1. The G25C2 is better as an outdoor light for better throw and the SC600 is a better wide area flood light for indoors. The G25C2 would make a better tactical light or a gun mounted light. It seems much tougher.

Last edited:

SRT Operator

Newly Enlightened
Getting my MKII this Thursday or Friday. Providing my camera can take good pictures of the light and video I will post one if everyone wants with beam shots and other light comparisons... If there is anything you would like me to include in the photos or video please let me know!

quantumboy7

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine tonight and I've been playing with it for an hour now. What a great light! I shone it across the neighborhood and it throws forever. Rated at 310 yards (almost a fifth of a mile). I got the optional kit which includes the extender tubes for more batteries, and the diffuser with colored filters. Also comes with a nice paracord lanyard, rubber tailstand boot, and a few other trinkets. The diffuser is really nice. You can put all 856 OTF lumens through a nice diffuse filter that gives a bright floody beam that lights up everything in your path. I immediately put it into the alternative mode, which gives four brightness levels with a simple twist of the head. The low level is 7 lumens (I wish it was a bit lower, but it's fine for most low light purposes). But even in the this mode, you can still easily access 7 different alternative modes (strobe, etc) with a quick twist from level 1 to level 3. Looking forward to taking this out in the back yard and around the neighborhood on a walk to put it thought its paces. Extremely pleased with this purchase! My brightest and most versatile light so far.

chouster

Newly Enlightened
This G25C2 MKII seems to be a great light in many aspects, but what prevents me from buying it is the lack of a voltage indicator and a low voltage cut-off.

Up All Night

Enlightened
This G25C2 MKII seems to be a great light in many aspects, but what prevents me from buying it is the lack of a voltage indicator and a low voltage cut-off.

Get a DMM and use protected batteries.

We don't need no stinking voltage indicators! :devil:

:welcome:

Last edited:

chouster

Newly Enlightened
Get a DMM and use protected batteries.

We don't need no stinking voltage indicators! :devil:

:welcome:

I've got a DMM and just because these batteries are called protected doesn't mean that they're safe. Protection circuits are fragile things and can be damaged just by a too tight fit in a flashlight that is designed to fit also unprotected ones. Furthermore it's not a good advice to always discharge these batteries till that protection trips. Even if a flashlight has a cut-off protection at maybe 2,7V, I wouldn't want to discharge my cells to that point, so an indication that they are running low from the flashlight is really useful. Please don't feel offended, just my opinion.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
FWIW I've had a 2 Thrunite scorpions (in series not tandem) and a MK1 for about the same amount of time, inflicting the same amount of abuse on them both and where as both scorpions have broken, (tail cap (1), lenses (2)) the EagleTac is going strong.

So between those 2 I think the Eagletac is definately more reliable; I do however really love the low of the Thrunite and out in the jungle with one light, no question the thrunite will LOOK brighter as my theory is part of our perception of brightness is based on how much brighter the turbo is than the low mode.

Perfect light for me is somewhere between these 2 lights; I want the reliability and logical/intuitive UI of the Eagletac but the modes and tail switching of the Thrunite...

Up All Night

Enlightened
I've got a DMM and just because these batteries are called protected doesn't mean that they're safe. Protection circuits are fragile things and can be damaged just by a too tight fit in a flashlight that is designed to fit also unprotected ones. Furthermore it's not a good advice to always discharge these batteries till that protection trips. Even if a flashlight has a cut-off protection at maybe 2,7V, I wouldn't want to discharge my cells to that point, so an indication that they are running low from the flashlight is really useful. Please don't feel offended, just my opinion.

No offence taken, nor intended on my part. If you use a DMM often enough and become familiar with how your lights discharge batteries there's no need for a voltage indicator. I agree, don't make a habit of tripping protection circuits on batteries. My batts rarely get below 3.8v before I recharge. As far as damage occurring to the circuit during installation, it shouldn't. Never force a battery in a non accommodating tube.
No one should put faith in or depend on any one feature of li-ion batteries for safety or reliability. The questionable Q/C of some lights nowadays wouldn't lend itself to depend on a built in voltage indicator. My opinion only, others may find them useful. Personally, it's the last feature that even enters my mind when considering a light. If that feature is a must for some,.....options will be limited!

RCLumens

Enlightened
@cmichael - I Got mine from Illuminationgear - based in Fl and bouth a Zebralight sc600 from there when they first came out. Have to say they are AWESOME to deal with and very responsive - recommend 100%

RCLumens

Enlightened
Just received yesterday from Illuminationgear - Awesome service!! Light is awesome!! Will try to post some pics over the weekend - in comparison to Sunwayman T20CS - it is brighter and throws further - not huger difference, but noticeable to eyes. Quality is seems to be great! If in market for single 18650 all around throw & spill, I highly recommend. Also if ordering - I can't say enough good things about service, and responsiveness from iluminationgear!!

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened
A 3.8 amps X ?? Volts = ??? Watts??
So far I have posed this question a dozen times and so no one has answered the question.
My guestimation is that 3.2 volts is the nominal drive voltage for most leds.
It must G-14 classified top secret or something.

From the Datasheet I have, the forward voltage is only graphed up to 3 amps. But if one extrapolates it looks to be Vf of ~3.4v.

So, 3.8A x 3.4V = 12.29w

ThumperACC

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened
Is the flood larger than the flood provided with a Fenix TK21 ? Or about the same ?
I guess we would need more tests with other flashlights.

tjiscooler

Newly Enlightened
I edc thE the mark two and I love it. Keep it in my back pocket with the clip. I'm sure in a month it'll be outdated. At the time it was the highest lumen 18650 I could find. I like the extendable tubes in case I want more runtime. Doesn't give more power just longer time.

Just use the single battery usually. It is a little big expecially with the flip up diffuser on. if I'm running light I take the AA eagle tac instead.

I do prefer makers list ANSI emitter and lux. It's just nice to know the facts.

Last edited:

Latest posts