New Energizer tactical 1aa

NRXTM

Newly Enlightened
The energizer tactical 1aa has been at target for many years but today i saw an updated version it had a different reflector ,led and tail clicky also the old one said 37 lumens on the package , heres a pic of the new and old . Anyone have this new version?

screen shot

print screen windows 7

zold

Newly Enlightened
Do you happen to remember how much they were asking for one at the store?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smooth or OP reflector?

It's interesting to see the various revisions of an "over the counter" light. IIRC these started out at 37, then went to 50, and 56 lumens, now 85 lumens. I hope not too many other things have changed.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
nice looking
needs more output
will it take a 14500?
easy to modify?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old ones were pretty easy to mod. I'm disappointed about the change to a reverse clicky, despite the old one's hair trigger.

what LED is in it now?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one of these and I like it. I have one of the old 35 lumen models also. I bought the 50 lumen model several months ago but returned it since the difference in output was not noticable. I can tell the difference with this version and I actually like the stainless steel! I believe the forward clicky on the old model works on this one also, but I cannot verify that right now!

RTR882

Newly Enlightened
Funny, on the energizer.com website they are still showing the old version

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's interesting to see the various revisions of an "over the counter" light. IIRC these started out at 37, then went to 50, and 56 lumens, now 85 lumens. I hope not too many other things have changed.

Agreed. I actually saw a display where the 50 lumen lights had been "fronted" on the display and the new stock (lights furthest back) were the 85 lumen ones. It pays to pay extra attention these days.

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
It's not on targets website, and my stores didn't have any in stock

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That I didn't realize. Hmmm.

The head has a small amount of thread locker on it, but a heat gun takes care of that. I modded some with colored LEDs, keeping the stock driver, they were pretty cool. Sold them, then put a neutral XM-L in one with a 1.4amp driver 14500 only. Looks to be about 500 lumens.

DaveG

Enlightened
I picked one up also,bright, seems well made,for $15. and change, I like it.If it matters to some, it wont tail stand the switch cover sticks out too far,not a big deal for me.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm disappointed to hear that the forward clicky has been replaced by a reverse clicky.

Reverse clickies are great for multi-mode lights, but I prefer forward clickies on single mode lights.

--flatline

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't find the 85 lumens one but did find a lot of 50 lumens ones. I'm guessing they are not going to order/put out the new version until the 50 lumens version is gone. Will be going back in a month to see.

Can you really tell the difference between 85 and 50 lumens?

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I dunno.... I'm so pleased with my TrustFire R5-A3 Cree XP-G R5 3-Mode 230LM Memory LED Flashlight 1*AA / 1*14500 for $13 I, I.....just can't get excited about these other inexpensive torches.. Lol..

ElliDee

Newly Enlightened
I just picked a couple of these up from Target. I really like them. The feel is very comfortable but the FIT AND FINISH is what sets this apart from the cheaper chinese made lights. The threads are so smooth removing and putting on the tail cap is effortless. Not so much to say about my other cheap chinese lights.