New Fenix bicycle flashlight mount ( AF02 )

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
As far as any rattle and side to side play, there really isnt. The two mounting bolts really hold the mount on firm, and the top piece has very little movement.

Note - I have been using "lighter" weight lights...not like a 9P with some huge turbo head on it...anyone using heavier lights? I've used my E2e with an LED head and the nitecore primarily.

is that a 18650 light?

qazx

Newly Enlightened
got this today, its big but feels like solid plastic, no sign of rattling when riding with a torch in it which was my main concern, didnt notice any movement when riding either. much better than the twofish lockblock which is about the same price for the heavy duty version. wish there was someway to lock it in to place once youve set your angle, being able to do that would eliminate the possibility of rattling or movement

Last edited:

OfflinePixel

Newly Enlightened
I'll be buying one or two of these soon, so thanks for the additional info!

I have one of the previous Fenix bike mounts, and the biggest thing I don't like about it is the loose nuts and clamp, which can be easily lost. I'm not the type who would lose them but it could happen (slip and jump into a crack or sewer while I remove the light). I don't find it too big on my MTB handlebar with a computer beside it, TK12 securely clamped inside. There is a slight rattle though. Either way I'm looking forward mostly to the captive screws!

lilbigtom

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one yesterday from 4-7.
I found this thread after I ordered so I'm glad the reviews are half way decent. I'll be using it strictly for MTB'ng so will post up my thoughts after I get it.
I've only been out once with another cheap dx mount. That rubber mount shook so much it felt like I was in a disco.

qazx

Newly Enlightened
my friend just got the exposure mount:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Exposure_Quick_Release_Handlebar_Bracket_with_QR_Clip/5360045236/

its looks like a better solution than the fenix mount for 1 inch diameter lights. better build quality, design, much smaller and its quick release so the torch can be quickly taken off when going in shops etc.
theres no sideways adjustment and the plastic part of the bracket needs to stay on the torch body and it is double the price of the af02 but i probably would have got it if i didnt have the af02 already.

Artivideo

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight mount as all the others available can however be very easily stolen when you remove the flashlight and leave the bike unattended. Why is there no flashlight bike mount with a lock !!!!?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight mount as all the others available can however be very easily stolen when you remove the flashlight and leave the bike unattended. Why is there no flashlight bike mount with a lock !!!!?????
Good luck stealing my Fenix ALB-10. Part of the mount comes with the light when you go into a store etc. What is left to steal is useless for a thief.

Artivideo

Newly Enlightened
Is the ALB-10 a newer mount bike version than the AF02 ? Is the latter not available anymore ?

Good luck stealing my Fenix ALB-10. Part of the mount comes with the light when you go into a store etc. What is left to steal is useless for a thief.