*NEW* Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition,tactical mode and outdoor mode,XP-L LED,1000 lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition,tactical mode and outdoor mode,XP-L LED,100...

am charging camera battery and the TAC 3600mah 18650 now. UC35 is also running off Orbtronic 3600mah cell and is fully charged and ready to go. Think I figured out that I just cannot get to close to the beam with the camera in order for it to work close to correctly.

D6859

Enlightened
Re: *NEW* Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition,tactical mode and outdoor mode,XP-L LED,100...

Think I figured out that I just cannot get to close to the beam with the camera in order for it to work close to correctly.

Try to shine objects >100 metres (330 feet) away from the light, e.g. street and the crossroads. Take the picture so far from the flashlight that the whole beam (incl. spill) is seen in the picture. That'll give a better image of the throw and the beam pattern. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for your efforts!

Doheny

Newly Enlightened
Feel like running a test to see what it steps down to in TAC Turbo mode? ;)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
just double checked the TAC manual it steps down to 500 lumens after 5 minutes. Its raining tonight so Imma do inside beamshots in my basement.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
first two pics are the TAC last two are the UC35
IMG_0175_zpsrnelsiua.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0176_zps8njufkds.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0177_zpsoddjo7vb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0179_zpswnu2iwrg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
as usual the lights are much brighter in person. They were both nearly blinding

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I see what you meant when you say the TAC has a tighter hot spot, but does it translate to better throw?

Thank you so much for doing the beam shots. Maybe after I receive mine I could contribute some too.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am all for throw. I alternate between liking floody lights and liking throwers. I think I would like more throw/less spill. I have placed my order for a PD35 TAC and I hope to receive it in the next day(s). It's been a long time since buying my original PD35 :S but now I can finally satiate my flashlight desires with my perfect light. At least until they come out with a decent jump >1000 lumen version in the same size and form factor :D

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! My mailman turned up today with my PD35 TAC and he left the collection slip at my door step without even ringing the doorbell! So much for Singapore Post!

markr6

Flashaholic
Great! My mailman turned up today with my PD35 TAC and he left the collection slip at my door step without even ringing the doorbell! So much for Singapore Post!

Ahh I hate that!! I once left a note for FedEx to "leave package by door" when my iPhone 6 came (I bought it as soon as it came out). They actually did it! I figured it was against a policy and maybe had a 50/50 chance.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh I hate that!! I once left a note for FedEx to "leave package by door" when my iPhone 6 came (I bought it as soon as it came out). They actually did it! I figured it was against a policy and maybe had a 50/50 chance.
Don't we all hate that? DHL once left the entire Photoshop package right at my doorstep too! He tried to conceal it but the thing is I doubt that is the company policy. Don't they require a signature?

markr6

Flashaholic
Don't we all hate that? DHL once left the entire Photoshop package right at my doorstep too! He tried to conceal it but the thing is I doubt that is the company policy. Don't they require a signature?

They require a signature for certain things, if the received/shipper requests and pays for that service. In my case I wanted them to leave it since my neighborhood is quiet and I was going to be home in a few hours anyway.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
cant stress signature required delivery enough. The whole drama surrounding the delivery of my TAC could have been avoided had I opted for signature upon delivery.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mailman did that same trick a week ago.
Wrote out slip, dropped it in box and started walking away, I was in garage and heard mail box, walked out said afternoon as he walked away, about ten further steps then he decides he'll give me my parcel.
I was choked, Canada Post when it just has to be late an delivered with attitude, they got us nailed.

Edit, forgot to say, my son was inside and door was open, only glass an screen door closed. There was no attempt.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
for a PD/UC35 series light the hot spot out of the TAC is the most narrow in the series. It is still twice that of most of the class though especially vs P12.

Status
Not open for further replies.