*NEW* Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition,tactical mode and outdoor mode,XP-L LED,1000 lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandiklover

Banned
I read the specs on this yesterday. It might be easier once you actually do it, but to me the UI of this light just seems overly complicated. That being said, I have never had a light with multiple sets of modes, so I have no experience to work with. What are other people's opinions?

Eagle

I agree with the UI comment. I would just stick to regular PD35. Nice that the option is there though for people who would want it.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill do what I can all depends upon the weather. Got a 70 yard wide back yard so I can get some decent shots. Yes apples to oranges the XP-L HI ET module is 33000 candela. Im thinking the only similarity will be that good XP-L tint thats bright white with no artifacts and no harsh purple or blues in the tints. My XP-L V5 ET T25C2, XP-L V5 Jetbeam 3M Pro and Jetbeam XP-L V5 WL-S2 all put out glorious searingly bright white tint and solid defined beam profiles with zero artifacts without a hint of harsh purples or blues Im quite happy with them and cant wait for the mail to show up and for it to get dark.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill do what I can all depends upon the weather. Got a 70 yard wide back yard so I can get some decent shots. Yes apples to oranges the XP-L HI ET module is 33000 candela. Im thinking the only similarity will be that good XP-L tint thats bright white with no artifacts and no harsh purple or blues in the tints. My XP-L V5 ET T25C2, XP-L V5 Jetbeam 3M Pro and Jetbeam XP-L V5 WL-S2 all put out glorious searingly bright white tint and solid defined beam profiles with zero artifacts without a hint of harsh purples or blues Im quite happy with them and cant wait for the mail to show up and for it to get dark.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
after 9pm now and my light is still "out for delivery". Ive seen USPS show up as late as 10pm before but Im starting to think my package is still sitting in the mail truck parked back at my sloppy post office. Have 3400mah cell freshly charged and ready to go and its not raining damnit come on

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
well its almost 10:30pm and as of 8:15am this morning my TAC was out for delivery. Guess Ill have to swing by the post office in the am....sloppy USPS

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your parcel soon. Could they have left you a collection slip when you weren't home?

markr6

Flashaholic
well its almost 10:30pm and as of 8:15am this morning my TAC was out for delivery. Guess Ill have to swing by the post office in the am....sloppy USPS

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a package...says "Delivered" but clearly it was not. We'll see what happens today.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
now dealing with USPS customer service. Strange that the tracking status did not change until today and when it did it said delivered at mailbox at 5:02pm. No USPS mail truck was anywhere near my mailbox at that time. This is BS. Shall see what happens with USPS customer service

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last USPS package, as a measure of extra security and reassurance, chose signature required at delivery, to a business address. What did USPS do? Made a deliver attempt at 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, when no one was there, then labeled the package "UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED."
Took me 3 phone calls and 1.5 hours to track it down, intercepting it before it got returned to sender.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is maddening. My post office is incompetent. This is not the first time they have mis delivered or not delivered. Im going to lose it just spoke with USPS CS on the phone. Now a carrier supervisor is supposed to get back to me in 2 or 3 days. Im thinking lazy sloppy USPS delivery person realized they missed one package that was still on the truck when they finished the route and got back to the post office and is just to lazy to properly update the tracking thus possibly getting in trouble with their boss and updated tracking at the beginning of todays route by falsely updating the number as delivered. Maybe it will mysteriously appear in todays mail I will be waiting and watching. Either that or some body else altogether just got a very nice new TAC PD35 they never knew existed.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh man...lol..now also working with the retailer (Fenix Store) CS and so far they have been quick in their response and are attempting to further assist me. Kudos to Fenix Store, coal in lazy sloppy USPS stocking for Christmas. Luckily the package was insured so we shall see how that works out. In the mean time I am also waiting on my ET T25C2 XP-L HI module that is due to be delivered today and am also very much looking forward to. Am waiting for USPS to deliver and will attempt to speak with the delivery person.

rb765

Newly Enlightened
I just got the regular PD35 and my one complaint is that it doesn't not have a momentary turbo like the new one does. I might have to bite the bullet and get the new tac one too.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
..going to have to file an insurance claim it looks like. Fenix Store CS says its going to be hard to prove as USPS updated the tracking number as delivered to mailbox at 5:02pm....the day AFTER said supposed delivery. I had eyes on my mail box from 4:30 onwards there was no USPS truck anywhere near my mail box. They delivered a single piece of junk mail earlier in the day. Dont they actually have to have a physical tracking label to scan in the first place? So how did it get updated? What did they scan? Was hoping itd mysteriously show up in todays mail but did not. Was also expecting another package today that did not show. Cannot wait to deal with the carrier supervisor in 2 or 3 days when they are supposed to get back to me.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks my friend. I understand exactly how you felt. All the hopes and later major disappointment. Hope you get your light soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.