NEW! Fenix T6 Automatic Retractable Tactical Pen

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Fenix T6 is a multifunctional self-defense tactical pen that is capable of illuminating, window breaking, and writing. Its maximum brightness reaches 80 lumens, and it supports Type-C charging. This tough pen features a silicon nitride bead that can break glass and assist in escape from danger. Inside every pen is an imported Schmidt pen cartridge for smooth, effortless writing. As you can expect, this rugged, high-performance writing tool is tough enough to provide you with a tactical advantage in emergency situations.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.55.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.56.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.56.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.56.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.57.10 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.56.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.56.09 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

DRW

Enlightened
It's only .2 ounce heavier than a steel Zebra pen. I ordered one, curiosity got the best of me. Didn't notice color options during checkout, so I'm probably getting black. Website indicates these should ship next Wednesday.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's only .2 ounce heavier than a steel Zebra pen. I ordered one, curiosity got the best of me. Didn't notice color options during checkout, so I'm probably getting black. Website indicates these should ship next Wednesday.
DRW, after you receive the pen give us a few first impressions.
Btw, the advertised silicone nitride ceramic ball (glass breaker) is normally used in mfgr of unlubricated miniature ball bearings. Tiny light weight (slick) balls run on steel bearing races.
Just a fact, not expecting you to test on your neighbors car (-;

DRW

Enlightened
It's lighter weight than expected. As a writing instrument, it's only slightly top heavy. There are three pieces to it, once everything is unscrewed. Looks like Fenix did a good job to give the pen strength. Don't overlook the option is unscrewing the top section with the light. Setting it on the work surface or clipping it to your shirt. The photo in post one calls it work/separate lighting.

The emitted light is soft and diffused. Just enough illumination for the immediate area. Just low, medium, and high modes. Pen turns on at low. No strobe, thank goodness. It's not a substitute for a PD25R or PD36R, not even close. The photo in post one labeled daily lighting is a bit on an exaggeration for this pen light.

If you choose to use this as a defensive tool, find a way to train with it. It would certainly be more useful than a Bic ballpoint pen.

For 26 years I was a Police Sergeant or other armed work. I've trained a lot and never trained with a pen. I have other tools and techniques at the ready. For me to use a pen defensively would mean many of my defenses have already failed.

No regrets with my purchase.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed with using a pen for tactical purposes.
Even as emergency glass breaker from inside vehicle would be questionable because of tiny gripping size, and limited space to deploy.
You might find the flashlight handy at times for things like finding key holes in pitch black entries.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
But hollywood makes self defense look so easy
People fly through the air when hit with a 9mm

DRW

Enlightened
Even as emergency glass breaker from inside vehicle would be questionable because of tiny gripping size, and limited space to deploy.

I'm sure someone needed to break glass. I just don't recall ever hearing a story that goes like this "If only Jim's Mom had a glass breaker ..."

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Motorist that are involved in accidents, when conscience, most normal folks brains go blank from the shock. I don't think moms would be thinking.."now where did Jimmy put that darn seat belt cutter"
We all hope highway patrol/EMT get to those scenes quickly.
The only times I've used (tested) glass breakers is when visiting auto wreckers. My tool box 48oz slugger hammer is the most effective. My automatic center punch is equally effective, and less conspicuous..
Yes, I wear leather gloves and safety glasses..
and No I don't EDC those tools..
We watch @kerneldrop and learn :poke:

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
We watch @kerneldrop and learn :poke:

I have a similar center punch-ish tool to break glass.... a 357 Sig with 115gr Xtreme Penetrator Solid Monolithic Underwood ammo, obviously.
Once the windshield is shattered, I then switch to the 10mm where a 220gr flat nose hard cast projectile gets in line on the flight deck.
After those are launched I then ready the 44 Mag +p+ 340gr hard cast
If things continue to intensify then I have no choice but to pull out the retractable tactical pen and end the situation.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a similar center punch-ish tool to break glass.... a 357 Sig with 115gr Xtreme Penetrator Solid Monolithic Underwood ammo, obviously.
Once the windshield is shattered, I then switch to the 10mm where a 220gr flat nose hard cast projectile gets in line on the flight deck.
After those are launched I then ready the 44 Mag +p+ 340gr hard cast
If things continue to intensify then I have no choice but to pull out the retractable tactical pen and end the situation.
I'd trust Kernels to watch my 6 any day!