• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New flashlight: The Copperhead [interest / description / sales] thread

A slight snag guys...

I thought I had a pile of the 25 degree lenses, but they were another kind of 30 degree lens with a not-very-nice beam. I ordered more of the correct lenses about a week ago already, and will be ordering more, but there will be a delay until they arrive. I do have the 45-degree ones, but all of the "first responders" wanted the 25. I was going to do a beamshot for moshow, which will have to wait, but I did drop a Carclo optic on a couple of the pills for now, which gives a similar feel for the beam size. I just can't secure the Carclo as well as I would like, so I can't use it!

I will post more beamshots when the "real" lenses arrive.
Thanks.

Here is the Carclo with N219
Carclo_18.8_frosted_N219_high.JPG

and here it is with the XML2 5K
Carclo_18.8_XML2_5k_high.JPG

Freaker

Newly Enlightened
I said 18650 tube. Is that two CR123 extension tubes together?

And I would like the Heavy Duty bezel on mine, too.

JohnF

Enlightened
I don't see my name on the list (unless I'm going blind.) My request is on the 2nd page (post #52). Let me know if I'm still good to go - I figured I'd supply the additional info (programming, etc.) after I heard from you. Do want shrouded reverse clicky switch though. Thanks,

John F
LV NV

Last edited:

Dadof6

Enlightened
Dad, I like how you ordered the HD bezel before I posted a pic! Here it comes, I think you'll like it.... This wave is CLOSED for now

I just figured it had to be good from a fellow Floridian. Looks like I started a trend. Gainesville is only a couple of hours away and I'd love to pick them up in person in possible. Let me know.

Rich

I don't see my name on the list (unless I'm going blind.) My request is on the 2nd page (post #52). Let me know if I'm still good to go - I figured I'd supply the additional info (programming, etc.) after I heard from you. Do want shrouded reverse clicky switch though. Thanks,

John F
LV NV
I must be blind too (I shouldn't look into the lights when I turn them on) because I can't see your name either. It's there now...

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dan. I see that you've added switch options a few days back. I want a forward clicky shrouded switch. I'll stick to the regular bezel. Thanks!

Last edited:
Update: FastTech 3.04a driver.

I received my samples of this driver today, and was very pleased to see that it has been updated, and does not resemble the FastTech pics very much. It looks like a very high quality driver. One surprise was that the 7135 chips have been upgraded to 380ma, so the driver is now 3.04a rather than 2.8a! Here are some pics and beamshots using the Carclo optic, which is very similar in output to the 25 degree optic that will be in these lights. The modes are well spaced, but no moonlight. The memory is interesting. It advances to the next mode no matter how long the light has been on, but reverts to High if the light has been off for quite a while, like 30 seconds. Low and Medium are PWM, at a pretty high rate. I'd guess >5kHz, and probably more like 10kHz. I'm going to make 1 light with this driver for testing before I agree to offer it, but so far so good! (that is my N219 copperhead performing the lighting duties)

ft_304a.jpg

ft_304b.jpg

ft_304c.jpg

ft_304d.jpg

ft_304e.jpg

ft_304a.jpg

XML2 5k High
FT_304_Carclo_XML2_5k_High.JPG

Medium
FT_304_Carclo_XML2_5k_Med.JPG

Low
FT_304_Carclo_XML2_5k_Low.JPG

LENS UPDATE

In addition to the 25 degree TIR lenses that are still on their way, I have arranged a shipment of several widths from the manufacturer. I have the same lens coming in 8, 15, 25, 45, and 60 degrees. I will post beamshots when they arrive but be thinking of which one you want. The 25 will still be the "regular" lens as it will have a good balance of throw and spill. The actual beam width to 50% lux is about half of the rated width according to the data sheet.

Thanks...

Freaker

Newly Enlightened
I would actually like the two CR123a tubes instead of one 18650 tube.

And I'm looking forward to the new lens beamshots. That sounds great.

JohnF

Enlightened
LENS UPDATE

In addition to the 25 degree TIR lenses that are still on their way, I have arranged a shipment of several widths from the manufacturer. I have the same lens coming in 8, 15, 25, 45, and 60 degrees. I will post beamshots when they arrive but be thinking of which one you want. The 25 will still be the "regular" lens as it will have a good balance of throw and spill. The actual beam width to 50% lux is about half of the rated width according to the data sheet.

Thanks...

I wouldn't mind a more floody beam than even the 25, but the 45 might be too broad. If you test something in between, I'll gladly be a test subject for it. Thanks,
John F

I wouldn't mind a more floody beam than even the 25, but the 45 might be too broad. If you test something in between, I'll gladly be a test subject for it. Thanks,
John F
The only other width that they offer is a 30. I did not get that one because it seemed so similar to the 25 (the 50% level is 14 vs 12 degrees). The manufacturer has a minimum $50 freight, so I need to buy a lot of lenses to make it worthwhile. I suppose I should have gotten a few just to test but it did not occur to me at the time! Sorry about that...

JohnF

Enlightened
The only other width that they offer is a 30. I did not get that one because it seemed so similar to the 25 (the 50% level is 14 vs 12 degrees). The manufacturer has a minimum $50 freight, so I need to buy a lot of lenses to make it worthwhile. I suppose I should have gotten a few just to test but it did not occur to me at the time! Sorry about that...

No problem! I'm sure the 25 degree will be great.

Wow... I'm not really into throw monsters, but for those that are, I crunched some numbers and the 8 degree optic should produce 11k lux with the XML2, for a beam distance of 210m. I have a luxmeter coming this weekend so you will get the real numbers as they become available!

kukkurovaca

Newly Enlightened
For those of us who don't have a lot of lights with optics (all my lights have reflectors except for an X60L3 triple and a couple of mules), would it be possible to get a control/comparison shot of a familiar reflectored light (maybe an M61?) or two, along with the optic beamshots?