*new* Klarus XT11GT: XHP35 HI D4, 2000 lumens, 1 x 18650, distance 402 meters

ulsa

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just received the following info from gearbest.com where I ordered the Klarus XT11GT:

This was for the item Klarus XT11GT LED Flashlight, which has some changes from the supplier's side as below:
1. The Beam Distance changes from 400-500m to 300-400m ;
2. The 18650 battery capacity changes from 3600mAh to 3100mAh;
3. The light chip changed from CREE XHP35 HI D4 to CREE XPH35 HD E4 LED.

How much worse is this?
What is the differences between the LEDs?

Could you possibly recommend a flashlight with similar spec to similar or better price?

texas cop

Enlightened
Hello,

I just received the following info from gearbest.com where I ordered the Klarus XT11GT:

This was for the item Klarus XT11GT LED Flashlight, which has some changes from the supplier's side as below:
1. The Beam Distance changes from 400-500m to 300-400m ;
2. The 18650 battery capacity changes from 3600mAh to 3100mAh;
3. The light chip changed from CREE XHP35 HI D4 to CREE XPH35 HD E4 LED.

How much worse is this?
What is the differences between the LEDs?

Could you possibly recommend a flashlight with similar spec to similar or better price?

The new light I feel will be better than the original. The HD led puts out more lumens than the HI so it might actually hit the 2000 mark. The change of batteries from 3600 to 3100 mah is to use one with a slightly lower internal resistance to allow a greater current flow, once again helping to get to that 2000 lumen mark they set. The difference on HD over HI LED's is that HD is brighter and HI throws better. I like bigger hot spots and more spill, at 400 yards my eyes can't really see what I'm lighting up to well.

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Just got my klarus xt11gt. The newer version XHP35 HD E4 with the klarus 3100mah IMR battery included. To other xt11gt owners, does yours have this hiss sound? If yes, I guess it's normal.

I noticed that everytime I turn on at Turbo, I hear a very soft high frequency hissing sound for just around 2secs then it goes away. I only noticed it because I'm in a quiet room and I held it near my ear.
It only does that sound when newly turned on, if I turn it off then turn on again right away, there's no hissing sound. If I rest it for a couple of secs/min to cool down then there's that sound again.
I tried using another battery (olight), it doesn't make any hissing sound at all.
I tried the klarus IMR battery on my BLF A6, I dont hear any hissing sound.

And also can you please check if when you remove the tailcap after the hiss/hum sound, if the tailcap and some also in the body has a very slight hint of burnt smell.. it's not too much just a hint of burnt smell or possibly some other electrical reaction smell. Thank you.

*additional observation, I noticed that mine's beamshot tested against a white wall has a very small dark spot in the middle (doughnut hole as they call it in flashlight forum). Does yours have this?

e85a5a70b44ffef2da6400bca8209893.jpg
03efaaac94a10f3c2b71b32366d03174.jpg

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi paojerokid, sometimes lights will make a noise , it comes from the circuit board and dosnt mean problems, if you can live with the noise. Ive had some lights that were really to loud and i sent them back and recieved new ones.

I have also experienced that smell on a new light and indeed reviews on this site have had the same thing, usually just on a fresh light , after use it normally goes away.

dogan2006

Newly Enlightened
We all measured our lights with the supplied Klarus 18GT-36 Battery.
We also tested other batteries, but there was no difference (AW 2600 mAh protected, Keeppower IMR 2500 mAh, LG HE4)

I measured about 1470 lumen (compared to the 1700 lumen mode of my Acebeam K60) and about 37 700 candela.
The ANSI-values after 30s would be a bit lower.

I also made two output/runtime measurements at different temperatures:

klarus_xt11gt_komplet75u3f.png

Blue: ca. 28 °C / 83 °F
Red: ca. 3 °C / 37 °F

First 7 minutes at 28 °C / 83 °F:
klarus_xt11gt_7minm8yjh.png
Is this regulation normal, swinging between %40-%70

space-cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Info Just for CPF members.

Those are fake rated 3600mAh batteries.

Same story with Olight 3600mAh.

I do not know why good flashlight brands like Olight and Klarus want to ruin their reputation with these fake rated 18650 batteries.

Greed?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another review measured 300 microamps of constant parasitic drain - which is quite high, especially since Zebralight keeps their parasitic drain down below 20 microamps. Maybe this is because the XT11GT has two e-switches rather than one but a constant 300 microamps will drain a standard 3100mAh 18650 in less than a year.

I too would like to see this light having tailstanding capability. Also a magnetic charger port like the XT12GT rather than the rubber-covered mini-USB.

Also would like separate programmability for all three switches but this would probably require a bigger chip.

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
Well for experimental fun I removed the inner sleeve and placed an NCR20700B inside. Side switch works, none of the tail switches do. Turbo appears slightly brighter than with the supplied 18650 3600 mah. Probably post some current measurements later.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well for experimental fun I removed the inner sleeve and placed an NCR20700B inside. Side switch works, none of the tail switches do. Turbo appears slightly brighter than with the supplied 18650 3600 mah. Probably post some current measurements later.

great info! you've just created the first 20xxx flashlight