**NEW** Nitecore TM26

stevo250

Newly Enlightened
I can confirm that the nitecore TM15 internal charger also charges the batteries to about 4.1 volts when it finishes.

Sent from my SGH-I727R

Verndog

Enlightened
I can confirm that the nitecore TM15 internal charger also charges the batteries to about 4.1 volts when it finishes.

Sent from my SGH-I727R

My guess is Nitecore choose to leave a safety margin for peak charge to account for the possibility a cell gets out of balance with the others or even a weak cell.
Probably a good idea when you think about it.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is Nitecore choose to leave a safety margin for peak charge to account for the possibility a cell gets out of balance with the others or even a weak cell.
Probably a good idea when you think about it.

I would agree and there is usually a loss when a conceived convenience is made part f the total equation.

I have both the TM15 and TM26 and will charge the batteries with three Nitecore i4 chargers.

picrthis

Enlightened
Now that you have the TM26 how do you like it in comparision to the TM15? I was thinking of adding the TM15 to my collection but since I have the TM26 don't know what the point of it would be.

Thanks

stevo250

Newly Enlightened
Does the internal charger on the nitecore flashlights also balance the cells while charging?

Sent from my SGH-I727R

Patriot

Flashaholic
Now that you have the TM26 how do you like it in comparision to the TM15? I was thinking of adding the TM15 to my collection but since I have the TM26 don't know what the point of it would be.

Thanks

I would say that it's a duplication even though the tm26 is a nicer light overall.

Skavoovie

Newly Enlightened
Per this thread the Fasttech protected Panasonic 3400mAh cells (specified by Fasttech to be 69.4mm long) don't fit the TM15 (easily).

Has anyone tried them in the TM26 and do they fit?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that it's a duplication even though the tm26 is a nicer light overall.

I have the TM 15 and TM 26 only because I bought them in order of production and I also have the TM11.

I would first buy the TM26 and if I wanted a back up I would obtain the TM11. :thumbsup:

lumenjedi1

Newly Enlightened
I heard the tm15 & the tm26 can use same cell compartment.makes me think the npb52 batt will be a solid cell like built in to handle it say it gives double run time than on oled.

picrthis

Enlightened
Thanks, I bought the TM11 when it came out skipped on the TM15 and then bought the TM26 just wasn't sure if I was missing anything? I've read & read and I think at this point it would be a waste of funds, it's just that I don't have one in the series of Tiny Monsters; but again at this junction I'm thinking on passing on it, I've been offered it from a dealer for $208 delievered.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard the tm15 & the tm26 can use same cell compartment.makes me think the npb52 batt will be a solid cell like built in to handle it say it gives double run time than on oled.

The latest production of the TM11 also uses the same cell 'compartment' as TM15 & TM26 only the labeling is different.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I don't have one in the series of Tiny Monsters; but again at this junction I'm thinking on passing on it, I've been offered it from a dealer for $208 delievered.

When it comes to collecting though, I understand perfectly that it sidesteps rationality. Sometime we just WANT to have a particular light, reason aside.

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened
Long lurker and TM26 owner. I was trying to read up on short-axis, high output products and found this thead.

I don't understand the repeated battery concern for a surface charge voltage exceeding minimum work voltage. The implimented protection and internal ESR along with true inherent capacity under load still rule. The top or surface charge voltage is gone under any real load and is not a indicator of utimate utility; more the charge controller implimentation. If I'm missing something, I'm here to discuss and learn.

FLW,
BH

warmurf

Enlightened
Was that in English? For a first time poster you know more than a novice? Truth tell?? You have a "background" in electronics or just an IQ of 175? Or was that French?

Brightholzer

Newly Enlightened
lol
I'm a EE, more really a RF design engineer for short-range wireliess communications. Allot of these designs are battery powered so I need to work with battery models and perform product battery life calculations for pulsed loads.
More importantly, I own a impractical number of handheld lights for no good reason other than it makes me happy.
-BH

Verndog

Enlightened
lol
I'm a EE, more really a RF design engineer for short-range wireliess communications. Allot of these designs are battery powered so I need to work with battery models and perform product battery life calculations for pulsed loads.
More importantly, I own a impractical number of handheld lights for no good reason other than it makes me happy.
-BH

Translation----He's one of us! :D

Patriot

Flashaholic
lol
-BH

You were lurking way too long! You're a full blown CPFer :)

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patriot

I would agree with what you have written; I have all three versions TM11, TM15 & TM26.

The TM26 is one of the best lights on the market, Its low 3 lumen to maximum of 3500 lumen in a package the size of the TM11.

The Nitecore TM26 is one light that can do most of what any light needs to provide; it is a great achievment in design. :thumbsup:

P.S. Thank you Patriot for excellent flashlight reviews too! :thumbsup: