**NEW** Nitecore TM26

Arif

Newly Enlightened
... Manual still showing old lumen readings. Operating instructions seems to work as printed. So they updated the operating instructions but not the lumen? Confusing and I think nitecore can do better. Not that it matters much but still this shouldn't happen.

Er, no - the entire point is they haven't updated the manual at all !
The reason the instructions still work is because the User Interface hasn't changed at all.
I'd proffer that they've cost-benefitted the decision to keep the old manuals & boxes - i.e. the cost to the business of binning a presumably large stock of instructions & boxes, versus the financial benefit of those extra marginal sales to be had on account of those relatively few people who would know or care about a new emitter, or marginally more Lumens. Until then - it will still sell well enough off the back of its current 3500L spec.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Er, no - the entire point is they haven't updated the manual at all !
The reason the instructions still work is because the User Interface hasn't changed at all.
I'd proffer that they've cost-benefitted the decision to keep the old manuals & boxes - i.e. the cost to the business of binning a presumably large stock of instructions & boxes, versus the financial benefit of those extra marginal sales to be had on account of those relatively few people who would know or care about a new emitter, or marginally more Lumens. Until then - it will still sell well enough off the back of its current 3500L spec.

I think they want to give dealers with the old version in stock a fair chance to sell these before official launch of the new version.
A sticker on the box saying "Now 3800 Lumens" would have been an easy fix though.
Still, I got more than I asked for (got the 3800, ordered 3500) so no complaints from me there.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
There's no actual problem with the switch as such. I got thrown too, as was used to my first TM26. The issue is sort of brain-training related - with the original TM26, to turn it on to Daily mode, you had to simply learn the right amount of pressure required to activate, but not all the way through to 'clicking', which just lands you in Turbo. For this reason, you could never just hand it to someone to use, as the obvious action to turn it on it to find the firdt click. Similarly - with the updated version, the Off action is reliable, but - deceptively - it's not the click which turns it off (I know ordinarily & intuitively it should), but rather a certain amount of pressure beyond the click. Once you realise that, the Off action is 100% reliable & predictable. It is a quirk, but one I'm more than happy to live with.

I have sore thumbs on both hands trying to convince the monster to turn off so no luck there pushing beyond the click for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Arif

Newly Enlightened
Indeed! (to post No.1402). I've always been impressed with how especially Nitecore clearly care about their enthusiast market, innovate amazingly in response to this & in order to enhance the offering overall (e.g. MH Series/P25 micro-USB charging), or as here, within the same year implement an updated emitter, that many have clamoured for - me for one. Simply fantastic.

Last edited:

BrettB

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.

This is my first post so I will introduce myself.
My name is Brett and I like bright flashlights :wave::D

I am looking into buying a TM26 from illumination supply for $195 :twothumbs

I assume they do not come with batteries right?
So which batteries are recommended? 3400mah nitecore, rediLast or KeepPower? There is quite significant price difference specially when you have to buy 4.

rjdriver

Newly Enlightened
th_DSC02606_zpsa81a3734.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Any pics of the White OLED Display? Anyone?
Here is a crappy pic I got, sorry I didn't have time to grab my other older TM 26 for a side by side comparison but you get the idea,
Best
Rob

Verndog

Enlightened
Hey guys.

This is my first post so I will introduce myself.
My name is Brett and I like bright flashlights :wave::D
I am looking into buying a TM26 from illumination supply for $195 :twothumbs

I assume they do not come with batteries right?
So which batteries are recommended? 3400mah nitecore, rediLast or KeepPower? There is quite significant price difference specially when you have to buy 4.

Looks like the $195.00 deal is off, but they have a $245.00 deal with 4 Keepower 3400's which is slightly a better deal IMO.

Mine should be in in a couple days since they just came off back order. Looking forward to shedding some serious light on "the situation".

Any batteries that are Panasonic cells are very good, (which Keepower's are), so that is perfect deal....and Welcome BTW.

Last edited:

Verndog

Enlightened
th_DSC02606_zpsa81a3734.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a crappy pic I got, sorry I didn't have time to grab my other older TM 26 for a side by side comparison but you get the idea,
Best
Rob

Is the white OLED a new option or is that now being shipped with all the XM L2 versions?

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Is the white OLED a new option or is that now being shipped with all the XM L2 versions?

At this time, it's unclear. GoingGear sends out the white OLED versions. The one I received from IS has the regular blue OLED screen with XM-L2 emitters and the OLED is updated to show the new levels (3800 vs 3500 lumens etc.).

Max

Verndog

Enlightened
At this time, it's unclear. GoingGear sends out the white OLED versions. The one I received from IS has the regular blue OLED screen with XM-L2 emitters and the OLED is updated to show the new levels (3800 vs 3500 lumens etc.).

Max

Interesting...I think I prefer the blue anyway. Mine will be from the latest shipment just in from IS so I'll check back on any OLED changes.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the $195.00 deal is off, but they have a $245.00 deal with 4 Keepower 3400's which is slightly a better deal IMO.

Mine should be in in a couple days since they just came off back order. Looking forward to shedding some serious light on "the situation".

Any batteries that are Panasonic cells are very good, (which Keepower's are), so that is perfect deal....and Welcome BTW.
Must be you still need the coupon code to get the package at that price? I added it to the shopping cart but still showed $490.

zapufast

Newly Enlightened
IS Supply with White OLED display

I just got mine from IS today. It's the white OLED version with updated box specs!
445m throw instead of 415m!

Verndog

Enlightened
Re: IS Supply with White OLED display

I just got mine from IS today. It's the white OLED version with updated box specs!

Sounds to me like the blue OLED with XM L2 is a rare collectors item now! Likely used up the last of the blue then switched to the white for the L2 edition.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Re: IS Supply with White OLED display

Congrats!!! You are going to LOVE this light!!!!! Nice to hear they updated the packaging, seems like they would update their website soon.