**NEW** Nitecore TM26

mund

Newly Enlightened
Having some insomnia this a.m., and I came across this... thanks ;)

My TM26 looks like the above pic's. The text or font appears White (Yes ?) .. the OLED panel itself appears Blue (Yes ?)

Could it be all in how it's construed when looking at it?______ Personal perception?_____ As in White OLED (when on) Blue OLED (when off)

The Zebra affect so to speak... The Zebra is white; with black stripes, The Zebra is Black; with white stripes

mund

Newly Enlightened
Maybe on some of the OLED's.. the White text is more dominant, less on others ????

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
1-1_TM26_En3.jpg

1-1_TM26_En23.jpg

Looks very nive that display, nice feature.
1000h runtime on low (!). That's 41 days.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nite...rums&utm_campaign=2013_1_31_BLADE_FORUMS_TM26

i know the pic I posted was garbage but this photo clearly shows a difference to me

mund

Newly Enlightened
Jeffg330 are you saying that yours appears as the pic does?________ Going by the pic, my text appears whiter. When I had my TM26 & TM36 side by side, they matched in color. Thedoc007 and I live nearby to one another, we met up and compared a few lights when 1st bought my TM36 and he had his moded version for comparison. Nothing stood out as different from what I recall in regards to OLED or text colors between our TM26's or TM36's

Now that I am fully awake, I tried taking a cell phone pic of my TM26 on my nightstand, in photo the OLED appears bluer as I try to get a good pic.. cell phone focus issues.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of these and love 'em! They are both the 3500 lumen versions. One I have the NBP52 battery pack along with the NHM10 handle. The other is stock.
The OLED both look pretty darned blue to me!

mund

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 of these and love 'em! They are both the 3500 lumen versions. One I have the NBP52 battery pack along with the NHM10 handle. The other is stock.
The OLED both look pretty darned blue to me!

I Love mine too... loved the TM11 I had also, should have kept that too!

I SAY... It is what it is with the perceived color of the OLED! It's incredibly hard NOT to enjoy the TM26!!!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
Jeffg330 are you saying that yours appears as the pic does?________ Going by the pic, my text appears whiter. When I had my TM26 & TM36 side by side, they matched in color. Thedoc007 and I live nearby to one another, we met up and compared a few lights when 1st bought my TM36 and he had his moded version for comparison. Nothing stood out as different from what I recall in regards to OLED or text colors between our TM26's or TM36's

Now that I am fully awake, I tried taking a cell phone pic of my TM26 on my nightstand, in photo the OLED appears bluer as I try to get a good pic.. cell phone focus issues.

Nope, mines blue. From reading this massive thread I thought they went to white. Just a curiosity no issue. If your OLED looks whiter I'd love to see, even a crappy cell phone pic.

It would be pretty cool if there actually are a handful of unique lights out there and you have one of em.

Sorry off topic but I'm going to be in the Ann Arbor area this weekend, is that your part of the state?

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify, we are talking about the text being white in the OLED and not the actual screen material? My OLED screen has a bluish tint but the text is most definitely white. Wish we could post pics on here and I would already have posted one months ago.

Verndog

Enlightened
Definitely not. Blue was the standard color from the beginning. Supposedly some lights were shipped with a white OLED (at least some sellers claimed that) but I have yet to hear from anyone who got anything except blue. Even if there are white ones floating around, they were introduced later.

Mine was purchased from Illumination Supply and was one of the early 3800L models. It has the white OLED.