NEW Philips XtremeVison Pro150 (+150) and Philips RacingVision GT200 (+200)

RHS-113

Newly Enlightened
Is the Vosla HIR2 +120 better than either the Philips XtremeVision +150 HIR2 or NightGuide Platinum +130 HIR2?

Last edited:

EJR

Newly Enlightened
A forum member posted THIS claiming that the Nightguide Platinum line is replacing the Xtreme-Vision line.

Blue banding looks identical on Pro150 and the NGP.

The NGP bulbs can be found from a reputable U.S. source and with better pricing. I've purchased quite a few bulbs from him.

H11/9005 combo kit

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The NGP bulbs can be found from a reputable U.S. source and with better pricing.

That's much more realistic pricing, and I agree on the reliability of that vendor. But the 9011s are still markedly better than these or any other 9005s, and I'll take my high-output H11s without any gimmicky, light-reducing blue tint, thanks.

Is the Vosla HIR2 +120 better than either the Philips XtremeVision +150 HIR2 or NightGuide Platinum +130 HIR2?

I don't have test data (yet). This is really more than one question, because the answer depends what "better" means. Better output? (By how much...by enough to be worthwhile costwise...by enough to be worthwhile with the shorter lifetime?).

RHS-113

Newly Enlightened
This is really more than one question, because the answer depends what "better" means. Better output? (By how much...by enough to be worthwhile costwise...by enough to be worthwhile with the shorter lifetime?).
Sorry, by "better" I meant output.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Meh. Why bother? You can already get bulbs for those types, better than anything Philips has (Toshiba 9011 for the 9005, and either a good H9 or Stern's H11 +140 with no blue tint). Or do you want these for testing and quantification?
Yeah, I've got the upgrades already, trimming tabs off here and there. And they work great.
But you know me, a test and measurement professional ---- I gots to test and measure...
I guess I'm bored. I want drop-in LEDs that work already. I mean, how hard can it be? As somebody famous once said, "give me LUX or give me death!"

Autolamps

Newly Enlightened
Fashion fad, pure and simple. There's no other real reason for it (just a bunch of made-up cockamammy baloney about "whiter light" and "closer to natural sunlight" and all the rest of the nonsense claims).

Technically there's no reason why not yellow. There are yellow-coated bulbs on the market, like these (a type applicable only to fog lamps) and these (a type also applicable to headlamps, so has to have "plausible deniability" about white/yellow) and these (no "plausible deniability" from this brand, and LOL @ "2500K" claim).
Those Fog Vision were designed for fog use only applications. That is why the H11 and 9006 types they sell only have a yellow band in the coil region and not full body yellow. (Since H11 and 9006 can be used in a headlamp and fog lamps). With the yellow color band on H11/9006 the total integrated color is still in the SAE white box. (Threading the needle as you say) Concern in my opinion was that people would put them into the headlamps instead of fog lamps. Therefore if they did it will still be legal. If they were full yellow coat then they would fall out of the SAE white box. The other's are full yellow such at the 880, 881, 9145 and H8's because they were never used in a forward lighting application.

So technically there's is no reason why not yellow. Just need to be sure the integrated color is SAE white when measured at design voltage. So technically you could put the Sylvania H11/9006 Fog Vision in your headlamps and there would be no trouble of violating the DOT specs. Are they good? Well they will not be full selective yellow because of the white light escaping but to each his own. Are they screaming lamps made for blue coating? Most likely not. No need to use turbo boost lamps in an application where the yellow only absorbs ~10% vs. 30-% for blue tint. (Product life considered here)