new Romisen RC-T601 U2 ??

jay_rush

Unenlightened
does anyone have this light? they sell it on shiningbeam. i want to buy my first XML U2 light, and im ALMOST sold on the $28 lol
says lumens is 750+ ... what the hell is that? if they went out of their way to find out that its over 750 lumens why dont they know the exact number?
and they also dont state the brightness of the low mode and their are only 2 modes :duh2:

Vball

Newly Enlightened
I just got this a few days ago and it is fantastic!!! Well made and Great Throw. It also has a very useful low unlike the other romisens I have. I would say low is about a third as bright and should last a while. Not sure about the run times. It is regulated and not PWM big plus. Only works with 18650 batteries. The beam reminds me of the old cree except I don't see any holes. There may be a little less brightness in the center at a distance of over 100ft. It will light dark objects well over 100 yards. Awesome light for walking. (on low) I have read other reviews that say this out throws a TK35 but I don't own any other throwers so I can't say. Oh and it has springs at both ends so it will take the flat topped batteries. I would say at this price this is the best value I've seen for this type of light.

Hope this helps, Vball

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Shining Beam. I've bought lights from them for years. I just bought the Rominsen RC-T601 U2 on Vball's advice. Do I need another flashlight? No. Do I like this one? Yes He's sold me!

Vball

Newly Enlightened
Hope you enjoy the light as much as I do Hotwire. BTW it has pretty good throw even on low which I like alot.

I live in Oregon and like camping in the woods not the camp grounds so I wanted a light that would light up dark areas at a (What was that noise) distance...(LoL) I think this is going to work very well for that from what I've seen so far. Heck for 28 bucks you could barely buy a LED Mag light unless you catch them on a big sale.

It's just got the Trustfire 2400 with the flames to power it and works Great. I might have to get an AW2900 if the runtime is to short but if what I read was right that this is driven at about 1.8 amps I think it should be good to go. Let us know how you like it when you get yours.

Vball

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $28.00 is a steal! It is comfortable to handle, quite bright on high, low makes for easy navigation around house/camp & longer run times. Now if only it were dark.....

walterr839

Enlightened
A month ago I read of the RC T601 II and couldn't resist. For $28 is was a steal. throws as far as my TK 35 but just not quite as much light. (if that makes sense)
Then I read of the RC T601 II U2. Did I need it? No but for $28 I went for it. Another great light. Only difference I see between them that I see is the U2 version has
a lower output on the lower setting than the first iteration.

Danielight

Enlightened
I just ordered one from Shining Beam yesterday; should get it Mon or Tue. In a different post, someone asked if, after running the RC-T601 on High for several minutes, the light had trouble dropping back into Low mode, making it necessary to shut it off & let it cool down first. Anyone else experience this?

loquutis79

Enlightened
I have 3 coming, two for co-workers. My buddy got one a little while back and yes it is almost as bright as his TK41 and my TK35.And its smaller than my TK35, almost the size of my TK21. Wow! Throw is just as far, give or take. For the price, $38.00 with 18650 and charger, can't go wrong. [OK, so I will probably use my AW's in it and at least charge the Trustfire it comes with in my Pila]
I can't wait until it gets here. Another flashlight to play with!! [And I wonder why my wife thinks my buddy and I are children]

Danielight

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this light is waterproof?
I just received my RC-T601 U2 in the mail today. Ordered it from Shining Beam on Thu, received it via 1st Class Mail today, Sat ... pretty impressive! Can't wait to try it out tonight.

Sno4Life, although this particular light doesn't show up on Romisen's website, I checked several other models, and they all list "Waterproofing" as one of the features. So I'm assuming that the RC-T601 is also waterproof (although I'm not planning on testing that particular feature!).

Danielight

Enlightened
Had a chance to use my RC-T601 tonight when I walked the dogs in a field behind our house. This light is a great thrower, but also had enough flood to light up a large area. The High mode is supposed to be around 750 lumens; the Low mode is easily over 200 lumens. Solid construction, GITD tailswitch, attached lanyard included. At under $29, it's a bargain! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vball

Newly Enlightened
Sno4life I have read somewhere that it is 1.8 amps on high. This is not my info I have no way to test. So take this with a grain of salt so to speak.

I'm not sure what that would be in lumens for a X-ML U2 but I can say it really is a useful light for walking. This is becoming my favorite light by far!!!! I still hope the runtimes and regulation are good. Maybe someone will do a complete review soon. (I hope)

I also have a Romisen RC-2R4 II with an R5. I find it nice but not worth having if you have any other descent led light. It is just not that useful for anything except very good runtime. My Every Day Carry light is a ITP SA1 R2 with an AW 14500 in it. It is much more versatile and has better throw.

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
I bought the Romisen RC-T601 from DD and it's the 5 mode and I love this light and then i saw the RC-T601 U2 come out in a 2 mode had to have it... and glad I did it's brighter than the 5 mode. They are probably the brightest thrower for the money.[h=2][/h]

Ptery83

Newly Enlightened
I have the newer 2-mode version and really love it for the price and the light it puts out. I have several friends interested in getting one for themselves. Does anyone have any experience with how durable or water resistant this light is? That is always a concern I have when recommending lights for other people. I haven't had a chance to use mine a whole lot just yet.

dbare

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Romisen t601 U2 from Bryan at ShinningBeam today. Couldn't wait until dark. All I can say is WOW!! What a value (assuming reliability). Very sturdy, seems well built, heavy, no flaws and what great throw (with enough flood). Two modes great. Didn't seem to get overly hot on high, not at all. All my other lights are mostly flood which is the most practical for me; however, this thrower really impresses me. What a value at around $30. Thanks to Bryan for offering this delightful instrument.

zenbeam

Enlightened
I must say that I've developed a healthy respect for Romisen as a "bargain" flashlight! I only own one right now, the RC-G2 II NW. It is a simple, one mode, single AA light that puts out a solid 140 lumens in Neutral White! It replaced an old Dorcy LED light as my bedside light. Easy to use rear clicky and will blind an intruder more than long enough for what may come next. This one was around $19!

I just ordered a little 2x AAA Romisen RC-27 II Q5 with 130 lumens - just because I don't have a 2x AAA and this one also can focus from flood to throw. Not to mention this one is just under $15 shipped!

I would not reply on these lights as waterproof canoeing lights, but I would totally have them with me camping, in my car, etc. True, I have no "time proven" experience with reliability, but so far, I haven't encountered any real negative talk about Romisen lights either.

So yeah - when I ordered the RC-27, I totally eye-balled the T601 U2 and bookmarked it. Had no idea this thread existed. And now, doggone it, since reading, I am going to have to order this light - but I have to time it so it will ship and arrive on any day other than a Thursday - the wifey works at home every Thursday... lol.

Pardon the ramble, but I had to let loose some love and respect for the Romisen!