New Solarforce L2C carbon fibre host

Leadwind

Newly Enlightened
Looks nice. I'll have to pick one up when they become available.

MBentz

Enlightened
Is the carbon fiber simply just a wrap, or is it actually made out of carbon fiber? Since it's a SolarForce product it most likely is the former, but I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

funkychateau

Enlightened
Is the carbon fiber simply just a wrap, or is it actually made out of carbon fiber? Since it's a SolarForce product it most likely is the former, but I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

Most likely it's a cosmetic applique, since it wouldn't have the required conductivity to be a standalone body material.

GregY

Newly Enlightened
Well it looks cool. But I'm cheap, so the L2N and L2P (if I want type III HA or not) should cover all my needs.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
It certainly is different, I dunno if I would buy one though. My main concern would be the heat dissapation. There is definately more metal compared to a P1, but not a whole lot of surface area for metal to hand contact.

jorgen

Enlightened
Banggood shows it as available. The price, $42.06, sounds high for what it is.

Leadwind

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping it would come in around $35 or so. Their price for the for the L2D is a bit high at $38.88, hopefully other retailers will offer the carbon closer to $40.

From the linked website:

The body is made of T6063 T6 aircraft grade aluminum alloy in Mil-spec type III hard-anodized (matt black) finish and carbon fibre.

The carbon is a wrap. However, it is evolutionarily being used..... :grin2: Also from the website.

Great L@@King host.

~ Chance

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
I've got a few P60 drop-ins sat around doing nothing, this looks one cool looking solution! :clap:

adder

Newly Enlightened
This thing weighs 10grams more then the L2p ,so i suppose its just a carbon fiber wrap.

The whole point of carbon fiber is to make it light weight.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Looks cool even if it's just a veneer. Might buy one just because it's unique and use it as a host for something.

LSX

Newly Enlightened
I picked one up last week from solarforcesales. Good price at $33.99, I already have a XM-L2 T6 4D dropin for it with the Solarforce L2-CL1 lens.