New to Rechargeable Batteries.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
HKJ- Thanks for the info!

1DaveN- I'm currently actually researching 16340's for my Surefire U2's. I'm currently looking at the https://www.imrbatteries.com/imren-imr-16340-700mah-10a-3-7v-rechargeable-button-top-battery/

I travel for work and have to make sure that on those days I leave all my EDC gear at home, I do have a AAA pocket light that I have thought about carrying on the plane but haven't yet because I don't want to loose it to TSA. But they are getting more strict about batteries being packed.

Lateck- You're welcome :twothumbs I have been loving all the little gems of info people have been kind enough to share!

I'm thinking I'm leaning toward the XTar VC4 due to the reviews I've been reading.
16340 batteries are charged to 4.2 volts and two in series would be 8.4 volts; CR123a Primary batteries are are 3.0 volts each or 6 volts for two in series.:caution:

zbrewer

Newly Enlightened
16340 batteries are charged to 4.2 volts and two in series would be 8.4 volts; CR123a Primary batteries are are 3.0 volts each or 6 volts for two in series.:caution:

Yeah that's what Ive been reading, also most 16340's are longer in length then a primary cr123. But there are some that are the same size as primary 123's and there have been people on here that have said their Surefire U2 runs on 16340's.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Yes I got some of the Amazon basics AA in the black wrapper with 2400 mah rating. I think there's a good chance they are eneloops wrapped for Amazon