• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
So.... no update??
No news. Not even a new.

No update. Not even half an update.

Update and/or product:

1. Somewhere around [acronym='When It Is Ready']WIIR[/acronym].

2. Those who know are not authorized to say?

2b. Those who know don't want to say?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
So no Hank flooder yet, no Olight flooder, the Imalent DT70 and Acebeam X45 aren't meeting their rating and Vinh has recalled his new flooder... Been waiting ages for 16,000-25,000 lumens for under £300
Succinctly said. :)

DT35 and XeRay70 and RC40 50.2 mod loom large, too. Which will be ready first? Which three will I buy first? Which one, if any, will I skip?

So much to look forward to on the near horizon, and much more just past that. :)

Someone knows more about the question posed by this topic threads' title, but they ain't sayin'.

tonkem

Enlightened
What is the latest from Hank? Love the Meteor.

So no Hank flooder yet, no Olight flooder, the Imalent DT70 and Acebeam X45 aren't meeting their rating and Vinh has recalled his new flooder... Been waiting ages for 16,000-25,000 lumens for under £300

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thailand is waiting.
I'm so Thailand,
Thailand is waiting,
Thailand is waiting for you.

It's Olight
And you can do what you want
Do what you like.
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting.

azlyrics.com/lyrics/kinks/tiredofwaitingforyou.html

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
Any new information or updates on the X9? I signed up for the newsletter so I could receive pre-order if I wanted to, but I haven't heard anything yet. TomZ

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
They must have a better idea of when the X9 Marauder will be out, it's June 1st tomorrow.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
02/02/2016
It will be coming out in the next few months...

Something tells me the X9 will be irrelevant by the time it's actually released.

Let's hope I'm wrong. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upcoming Acebeam X80 will be exciting.

22,000 lumens and 1/3 the size of the X9.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I agree. I will take that from any of them, I waited to long for olight, I'll go with first available.

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
Olight went live on Facebook earlier, they stated November for the X9 release and about $400, they couldn't say if it would use 70.2, but believe it will be a variant of the 70.

Wow, November is pushing it back a bit! But... the $400 price tag is on the low end of what I've been hearing, so I guess it's okay then. :)

I just checked out the X80 by AceBeam and it does say 25k lumens, but I have to believe that the Olight will be much more tolerable to use on max turbo for a longer period of time than the AceBeam. Seems like the Olight is being designed to deal with the heat in a much more comprehensive way than any soda can light would be able to. I think you're almost going to have to wear gloves when holding the AceBeam on max turbo. :)

Thanks a lot for the info.

TomZ

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marshall from Going Gear just recently posted a video of the new X7. It has a distance sensor on it that drops the two highest outputs down to 500lm if anything is approximately 18" in front of the lens as a safety feature. This will help as to not light anything on fire from the intense heat these high output monsters are putting out.

My guess is that the X9 will likely have something similar built into it. The X9 original prototype did not have this safety feature. The addition of this may be the reason the X9 is a bit late in its release.

Props to Olight for keeping safety in mind as they move forward in these super high output lights. Seems like they are going to do it and do it right.

Unfortunately I also think I recall someone saying that it may still be a few months out till we get these in our hands.

But, with the cooling fan and distance sensor this will be one of the only practical usage high output lights that will be built to stand up to real world usage. :popcorn:

There may be some other brands coming out with lights putting out significant amounts of lumens, but Olight seems like the only one keeping safety as an essential part of thier builds.

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thoughts on heat coming from these high-output monsters.

Earlier in the year my wife and I went for a walk by the moonlight and it was really chilly outside. I used my 1k lumen Nitecore in my sleeve to keep that hand nice and warm. I alternated every few minutes and was finger-fine by the end of the 1/2 hour walk. I can't hardly touch the bezel of my Manker MK34 once it's on turbo for a few seconds. Just imagining what 30k would feel like!

Soon I bet they come up with bolt-on heads instead of screw-on with a gasket and coolant that flows through openings on the flashlight handle with a small reservoir for the coolant in the back with good heatsinking. Hey, did I just come up with an idea? I'm sure someone has done it, but still, it may be one way some of these high-output lights are going to be able to not self-destruct in the future.

TomZ