Newbie Questions

Mrlupin

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I know very little about flashlights so I could use some help.

I purchased a Wolf Eyes M90 a few years ago which runs on 2 LRB 18650 rechargeable batteries. I tend to be rough on flashlights and after replacing a lamp a few weeks ago I jarred the flashlight and apparently ruined the new lamp. I seem to do this fairly often. The lamps I've been using have been 300 to 450 lumens. Is there a bulb that I can use that will give me the same or similar output that is less likely to break if I happen to drop the flashlight? Thanks!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory makes D-36 LED that should fit the M90. I think they have incandescent bulbs as well.

Mrlupin

Newly Enlightened
Hotwire, I have been using Incandescent bulbs. What is the advantage to using an LED?

Norm, thanks for the move - I realized too late that I had posted in the wrong forum.

Mrlupin

Newly Enlightened
I looked at LumensFactory and did find the D-36 and it does fit the M90. I have really liked the incandescent bulbs I've used as far as the light. I get a great spot with a lot of distance. If I go to an LED, will I be giving this up or can I buy and LED that has the same qualities?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mostly incandescent bulbs myself, but I'm told that and LED might survive a drop to the floor better. An LED might give longer run time. If you don't get better advice, I'd go back to the stock bulb if for no other reason than the *warm* incandescent light.

Bojujuju

Newly Enlightened
I use mostly incandescent bulbs myself, but I'm told that and LED might survive a drop to the floor better. An LED might give longer run time. If you don't get better advice, I'd go back to the stock bulb if for no other reason than the *warm* incandescent light.

I'm also a newbie but my question is kind of a 180 to MrLumen's. Why do some people prefer incandescent lights? I get that they're "warmer" but what is the advantage of a warm light? Is it just aesthetics?

Latest posts