• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia LEDs

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Hey all !!

I've been getting/building a lot of requests for special builds with Nichia LEDs, so we decided to get a small amount of this LED in house .. Nichia NVSL219BT-V1 4000K D200 L2 R9080. If you have been wanting a Peak with this LED, we will be able to build a few of them. You can place order directly from our site, and make a note in the comments section to use the Nichia LED, and I will make sure it gets done, or you can email me directly thru .. [email protected] and let me know the specs you are wanting and I can send a PP request, whichever you prefer.

Have a great evening, stay safe!! - Robyn

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I custom ordered a couple Eigers with this exact LED a couple months back and they are fantastic! Gorgeous tint and the Eiger narrow optic suits the 219b very well. Any chance you might get any warmer tints in? I'm very interested in the 219b in 3500k and 3000k tints.

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
I custom ordered a couple Eigers with this exact LED a couple months back and they are fantastic! Gorgeous tint and the Eiger narrow optic suits the 219b very well. Any chance you might get any warmer tints in? I'm very interested in the 219b in 3500k and 3000k tints.
Hi !!

Happy you are pleased with your custom Eiger!! No plans at this time to get additional color temps in house. As always, if you can find what you are wanting, we can do another custom build.

Best,

Robyn

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
I've had a few inquiries .. so I thought I would update here as well .. Yes, we can do "head only" orders, the option isn't on our site, but you can special order via email and I will make sure you get what you want. Email me at [email protected] for a quote.

Best,

Robyn

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Eiger head a few days ago and am very pleased with this LED and the narrow optic. I opted for a K.I.S.S. non-QTC setup with about 7ish lumens of output, somewhere around the output of my Yuji LED Sofirn C01s, but I'm a little disappointed that the output is closer to the 2 lumen low of my Wurkkos WK02. On the bright side, it should be the ultimate battery vampire I guess. Build as always is fantastic!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I received my Eiger head a few days ago and am very pleased with this LED and the narrow optic. I opted for a K.I.S.S. non-QTC setup with about 7ish lumens of output, somewhere around the output of my Yuji LED Sofirn C01s, but I'm a little disappointed that the output is closer to the 2 lumen low of my Wurkkos WK02. On the bright side, it should be the ultimate battery vampire I guess. Build as always is fantastic!

Always liked this Yuji emitters. I still have several loose 3200k and 5600k ones.

Vemice

Enlightened
Unless you try to avoid them, lithium ion batteries should significantly increase output.

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry you are not happy with the output .. I will talk to Curt and have him check his math .. we can make you another one, not a problem!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you try to avoid them, lithium ion batteries should significantly increase output.

I am sorry you are not happy with the output .. I will talk to Curt and have him check his math .. we can make you another one, not a problem!
I'd appreciate that. I tend to prefer NiMH, but this makes me wonder if Curt's math is the output for a 10440 or AAA battery?

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
I'd appreciate that. I tend to prefer NiMH, but this makes me wonder if Curt's math is the output for a 10440 or AAA battery?
I spoke with Curt .. he used a standard alkaline AAA (1.5v) for calculations .. if you are using a NiMH (1.2v) AAA battery vs an alkaline AAA .. that could explain the difference in output ??????

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with Curt .. he used a standard alkaline AAA (1.5v) for calculations .. if you are using a NiMH (1.2v) AAA battery vs an alkaline AAA .. that could explain the difference in output ??????

An alkaline does make it a little bit brighter, but still not quite the output I was aiming for. Incidentally, I rigged up a 10180 and the output of that is about what I expected, matching my Yuji Sofirn lights closely which are 6 lumens for warm and 8 lumens for daylight.

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
An alkaline does make it a little bit brighter, but still not quite the output I was aiming for. Incidentally, I rigged up a 10180 and the output of that is about what I expected, matching my Yuji Sofirn lights closely which are 6 lumens for warm and 8 lumens for daylight.
It could be a dud LED too .. it happens .. I've started another one :)

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Is Curt going to use the same resistor or is he going to going to try a #1? Thank you so much for your help!
Not quite sure yet, will decide tomorrow .. the epoxying of the LED into the heat sink will need to set overnight .. then the resistor ect ect ect

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite sure yet, will decide tomorrow .. the epoxying of the LED into the heat sink will need to set overnight .. then the resistor ect ect ect
If you guys want to play it safe and assume it wasn't an LED problem, by all means use a #1 or #2. I'd hate for you to go out of your way to make a new head for me only for it to be the same output as the one I already have.