• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in SALE

So... without wanting to seem like a greedy child clamoring for an anticipated toy... when do you expect the first units to ship out?

Wiring together the final 4 drop-ins currently ordered as we speak :)

Everything is set for epoxying on Saturday, with shipping to hopefully be mid next week (literally need a few hours to post this many out!).

Touch wood nothing goes awry.

- Matt

^^Nova^^

Enlightened

Hi Matt,

Was going to PM you but for some reason it came up really funny in my browser and I wasn't able to type easily.

With my order I got 3 optics (one main and 2 additional), you only have 2 listed for me, could you double check I paid the right amount and let me know. I was after one narrow 10507 and 2 x 10511.

Keep up the good work, these puppies are looking great.

Cheers,
Nova

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

With my order I got 3 optics (one main and 2 additional), you only have 2 listed for me, could you double check I paid the right amount and let me know. I was after one narrow 10507 and 2 x 10511.

No worries...check your PM's in a few minutes.

So... without wanting to seem like a greedy child clamoring for an anticipated toy... when do you expect the first units to ship out?

You are not alone lol! As F250XLT has kindly pointed out I'm hoping for mid next week (about Tuesday in the states). My brother is handling the shipping as I don't have time during the week at all, and given he is a Uni student the first opportunity he will get to spend a few hours in the post office is Wednesday at some point. I will PM people as they are shipped but hopefully all orders will go in one hit.

Thanks,

- Matt

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

So every drop-in on the list is now pieced together and ready for epoxying in the morning. I'm off to see Dark Shadows - better be good!

- Matt

Thatspec

Enlightened

Hey Matt,
I'd like back in for one if still available;
CPF Handle: Thatspec
1x Driver 1 L/M/H @ 3.8A 10507
1x 10508 optic
Total: $127

Please confirm when you get a chance and I'll PP you then.
Thanks!

Edit::paypal: Unique Transaction ID # 3L4450376W449450R for the above.
Awesome job Matt!

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Matt,
I'd like back in for one if still available;
CPF Handle: Thatspec
1x Driver 1 L/M/H @ 3.8A 10507
1x 10508 optic
Total: $127

Please confirm when you get a chance and I'll PP you then.
Thanks!

If you pay very soon I can sneak it into the epoxy run I'm starting in an hour....

EDIT: Don't be concerned if you can't. The reason I'm epoxying every drop-in in one hit today is because I have 2 batches of epoxy. A small tube kit which I can use for one offs, and a large (and expensive) pack that has to be all mixed in one go. The more drop-ins I can do with the large pack the less I'll have to waste. If it comes down to it I can epoxy the 6 remaining drop-ins, assuming the other 5 are also sold, separately during the week.

Also for those wondering why I didn't epoxy some of the ones I finished first with the smaller tube kit - I did run into issues (Batteries, springs, silver solution going 'off' etc, mostly well documented in this thread) and it just worked out in the end that there would only be about a week saved.

Anyway - pics later today of the epoxied drop-ins (touch wood!).

- Matt

Last edited:

flat-ray

Enlightened

Is available the following configuration?
47)flat-ray Driver 2 (Moonlight) L/M/H @4.18A no memory 10507 installed and 18508
$125+2=$127 totalReady for PP.
Thanks

Thatspec

Enlightened

If you pay very soon I can sneak it into the epoxy run I'm starting in an hour....

EDIT: Don't be concerned if you can't. The reason I'm epoxying every drop-in in one hit today is because I have 2 batches of epoxy. A small tube kit which I can use for one offs, and a large (and expensive) pack that has to be all mixed in one go. The more drop-ins I can do with the large pack the less I'll have to waste. If it comes down to it I can epoxy the 6 remaining drop-ins, assuming the other 5 are also sold, separately during the week.

Also for those wondering why I didn't epoxy some of the ones I finished first with the smaller tube kit - I did run into issues (Batteries, springs, silver solution going 'off' etc, mostly well documented in this thread) and it just worked out in the end that there would only be about a week saved.

Anyway - pics later today of the epoxied drop-ins (touch wood!).

- Matt

:paypal: Not to worry Matt, no rush on this end:D

nbjly

Enlightened

:takeit:

Narrow Clear (10507)
Driver 2, 4.18A, no memory, L-M-H with firefly low

:paypal:

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only 1 left! (assuming the 2 on hold get sold).

In an update we started the epoxying today but decided to go for a 2 pronged approach partly because it's a better idea and partly because the way we intended on doing it didn't pan out properly. Typical.

In a nut shell the drivers are sealed but more epoxy will be added to level it out better tomorrow. Pics to prove we did something lol:

img20120602145457.jpg

img20120602145829.jpg

img20120602145802.jpg

My brother in orange...we were in a good mood when we took these. Nothing to do with the liquid lunch :buddies:

Cheers,

- Matt

flat-ray

Enlightened

PayPal sent. Make your triples as better as you can.

morelightnow

Enlightened

Will your blanks have holes drilled in the center for wiring? I want to buy one and put just one led in the center and use an optic.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will your blanks have holes drilled in the center for wiring? I want to buy one and put just one led in the center and use an optic.

Unfortunately the hole is centered which does not allow for a single emitter setup. These blanks were designed from the ground up for 20mm triples and Carlo 20mm optics.

Sorry :(

- Matt

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only 1 left! (assuming the 2 on hold get sold).

I'll take it.

CPF Handle: Illumination
1x Driver 2 (Moonlight) L/M/H @ 4.18A no memory 10511 $125
1x 10507, 10508, 10509, 10510 $8
Add Insurance [cost to US????]
Total: $133 + Insurance

I want to add insurance, so please give me a quote. Will paypal to modern69messiah{at}gmail{dot}com as soon as you give me the total.

There was a note that "It is best to keep Vin as close to Vf as possible, with approximately 0.2V overhead". Can someone please explain what that means? I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it.

CPF Handle: Illumination
1x Driver 2 (Moonlight) L/M/H @ 4.18A no memory 10511 $125
1x 10507, 10508, 10509, 10510 $8
Add Insurance [cost to US????]
Total: $133 + Insurance

I want to add insurance, so please give me a quote. Will paypal to modern69messiah{at}gmail{dot}com as soon as you give me the total.

There was a note that "It is best to keep Vin as close to Vf as possible, with approximately 0.2V overhead". Can someone please explain what that means? I'm a bit confused.

Insurance to The United States is an extra US$13. Total would thus be US$146.

These drivers are buck drivers - that means they take the input voltage and drop it down to the Vf of the emitter. The Nichia's have a Vf of around 3.6V. What that means is that if you use for example a 6V input (For driver 1 only as driver 2 can only handle 4.5V max) it needs to drop, or 'buck', the voltage down by 2.4V. This 2.4V doesn't just disappear into thin air - it get's burnt off as heat. Really if you are running these off a single LiIon cell you will be fine. It's only if you choose 2 CR123's that you may have heat issues, but then in that case you will have current draw issues as well.

Hope that helps :)

- Matt

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just waiting on the epoxy to cure and they will be cleaned, polished, checked for functionality (again) and packed ready for shipping this week :)

- Matt

Last edited: