• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you guys are liking it :)

I have been in a training course the last 3 days and have barely been able to get to a PC. It's been frantic to say the least. I believe my brother is sending out the remaining orders today (bar one and they are aware). Hopefully I got that right....

- Matt

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Touchdown! Its soo nice! :)

My new favorite! :naughty:

Few pics, more later:

f3c6bcfc.jpg

f896e013.jpg

802e5837.jpg

79a3cd4f.jpg

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a beauty alright...I didn't even look at mine, I was too excited to get it into it's host.

Flucero28

Enlightened
My bare copper blanks came in Saturday, all I can say is amazing! Put one together with a 5000K temperature Cree XPG triple, narrow beam Carclo optics and 3A driver I programmed for High/strobe/low/medium with no memory. Put this in my surefire C2 bored for 18650 with cryos bezel and McClicky modded tailcap and it's a match made in heaven! Loving this as a duty light.

4726dacf-1f3b-80bb.jpg

4726dacf-1f4a-5ca5.jpg

4726dacf-1f59-663c.jpg

4726dacf-1f62-082d.jpg

Thanks a lot mattaus, and please offer more of these in the near future!

Frank

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Mattaus (Matt.) put mine together in a 6P x 17670 with a Cryos bezel and a Malkoff McClicky switch, so I didn't get to see much!

What I do see is a perfect tint (for me) and a color fidelity that is realistic, sunlight with clarity and depth: I can't see how this could be any better.

The mode changes are fast and accurate. My 'light has memory which is activated when it is left at a level for about 2 seconds; it does not need to be left off for memory to work; just a couple of seconds (probably a little less) at a level and, bingo it's saved - Switch off after a couple of seconds and you can instantly return to that level. Of course, if you want to change levels you will have to do an extra, fast activation i.e. a 'double tap' to start the changes cycle. I find this intuitive and another reason to do a minor rave about this fine drop-in.

It is probably worth noting that the light need not be clicked on to change modes, a simple push to light, as in momentary, is all that is required and it is fast!

Matt is a talented guy who knows his stuff and I expect to see some impressive work from him. If only we could get him interested in making a two (or even 3) speed tail-cap, I'd be the first to put my hand up for a couple! :twothumbs

Last edited:

iNcHeS

Newly Enlightened
Bitchin' news! It's all sent!

Edit* Karlthev your inbox is full! - Just wanted to give you a notification that it was sent!

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
OtisCampbell your inbox is full....tried sending you a PM regarding your issues. Please let me know when it's cleared!

Thanks,

- Matt

EDIT: Also whoever it was that I was talking to about the flickering and hand machining a replacement can they please PM me? I cleared out my inbox by accident and can't find the person in question :(

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in Expressions of interest

Sorry matt, in Korea and still there. Search for graphene pad at digikey

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in Expressions of interest

I would just like to say thank you mattaus, for probably the best dropin I have ever had. I am sure we will see more good things from you.

Props to DARK SUCKS for the clip ;)

IMG_20120614_074814.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20120614_074855.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20120614_074908.jpg
[/IMG]

flashfiend

Enlightened
Was it my PM you lost??? PM's re-sent.

OtisCampbell your inbox is full....tried sending you a PM regarding your issues. Please let me know when it's cleared!

Thanks,

- Matt

EDIT: Also whoever it was that I was talking to about the flickering and hand machining a replacement can they please PM me? I cleared out my inbox by accident and can't find the person in question :(

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM's replied too.

Sorry matt, in Korea and still there. Search for graphene pad at digikey

I hope that's South lol...I can't seem to find it though - might have a better look when I get to work.

Loving the pics. It's good to see the drop-ins finding good homes haha.

- Matt

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm loving mine today, so far I just stare into the low low mode and giggle as its what I've always wanted since the triple's first hit the market :grin2: it's mesmerizing :eek:oo:

cb97a608.jpg

Thanks for making an awesome dropin :twothumbs:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not everything will go right with such a run...unfortunately.

I think my moonlight low is not moonlight. Will verify tonight, but if you can see it in the daytime (or it hurts to gaze into in the daytime), it's not very moonlight low. It could be that my expectations for this level were too 'high', but I think it is likely just a mistake.

And the drop in is too long in both hosts I have on hand (Moddoo Ti and a SaltiTri). These hosts both have thick glass, so maybe this is creating the extra length. However, the drop in itself does not sink below the head line in either host...so I am thinking the glass has little to do with it.

The drop in itself is well made, and the tint of the 219's is as expected. Shipping and communication were all excellent. No complaints.

However, I may be letting mine go for the simple fact that it doesn't work in my hosts. Feel free to send me a PM if reading this and interested.

obi

easilyled

Flashaholic

I think my moonlight low is not moonlight. Will verify tonight, but if you can see it in the daytime (or it hurts to gaze into in the daytime), it's not very moonlight low. It could be that my expectations for this level were too 'high', but I think it is likely just a mistake.

And the drop in is too long in both hosts I have on hand (Moddoo Ti and a SaltiTri). These hosts both have thick glass, so maybe this is creating the extra length. However, the drop in itself does not sink below the head line in either host...so I am thinking the glass has little to do with it.

The drop in itself is well made, and the tint of the 219's is as expected. Shipping and communication were all excellent. No complaints.

However, I may be letting mine go for the simple fact that it doesn't work in my hosts. Feel free to send me a PM if reading this and interested.

obi

My "Moonlight" is also not as low as I was expecting it to be.
I think the reason is that its tripled up rather than being applied to one emitter.
Maybe we should have opted for "Firefly" instead, but nevermind, I'm still very happy with mine. :shrug:

If you drop your drop-in into the body, rather than the head, does the rim of the drop-in contact the neck of the body with no gap? It has to be like this for the head to be able to screw all the way down.

ToyTank

Enlightened
If you went 4500ma moonmode should be about 70ma or 23-24ma per emitter. That is quite bright for a low low. it is 3 times brighter because 100% is 4500ma not 1500ma.

Matt can you verify you got me PM?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

obi

I used the term 'Moonlight Low' as this was what was written in the documentation for the driver - maybe the moon in China is brighter? :crackup:

Seriously though easilyled and toytank are both correct in that the stock driver of 3040mA, the low mode is 50mA, or roughly 1.6%. If you up the drive current to 4500mA your low mode is now 74mA. Split out accross 3 emitters at 24mA each that quite bright. Firefly on the other hand is a tenth of that again....so you're looking at 2.4mA per emitter and hence what you can see in CarpentryHero's photo above.

As for the fit - I never had a chance to test those hosts....not that I have access to either mind you. Nice hosts though :) Unfortunately I can't suggest anything other than what easilyled has already suggested you check. How does the drop-in fit just placed into the body? If the lip around the top does not fit flush then the bezel likely will not screw all the way down :(

If you have to sell it I'm sure you can get what you paid for it (I hope!). If not PM me in the future and we can try sort something out.

Matt can you verify you got me PM?

Toytank, PM replied too. Sorry I took so long...it's Saturday morning here and I decided to enjoy a sleep in. I've been sick all week and I'm finally feeling better for the weekend. How often does that happen!?

- Matt

Last edited: