Nichia519a

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I just notice this is now an option. I haven't been keeping up with LED development. What is new in the Nichia519a compared to 319a?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just listening to Jason's podcast yesterday about upcoming releases and they mentioned a new LED option that was 98 CRI. That ended up being revealed as an array of 9 E17A. I wonder why no mention of the 95+ CRI 519A?

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I was just listening to Jason's podcast yesterday about upcoming releases and they mentioned a new LED option that was 98 CRI. That ended up being revealed as an array of 9 E17A. I wonder why no mention of the 95+ CRI 519A?
9x E17a sounds complicated if not expensive.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
9x E17a sounds complicated if not expensive.
Yeah, he talked about 3D printing the reflector and having it chrome plated by another company.

I guess if the beams turns out good, people aren't going to care much about the price, especially since it's an already pricey custom light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
5% might not seem like much, but that jump from 90 to 95 CRI is usually when we start seeing good jumps in R9 values.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone dedomed any 519 LEDs in Jason's lights? Curious if the beam profile is still decent with either the Alpha or the Delta with its optic choices. Thanks.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone dedomed any 519 LEDs in Jason's lights? Curious if the beam profile is still decent with either the Alpha or the Delta with its optic choices. Thanks.
I have installed 519A in my Alpha which is now for sale. Beam's profile is amazing and the CRI is second to none. Boom reflector actually goes well with this emitter. I didn't wanna dedome it because the reflector is floody enough so reducing output by dedoming won't do much in this configuration.