• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nickel Plate Maglites CLOSED 5-12-2007

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freyth said:
:popcorn: blue.. pretty colours. lol.

They are polished silver in color - but now that I look at them on my monitor - there is a blue cast to them -

The will look even better when they come back from nickel plating.

( I did discover that my mini-lathe can not hold a 3 D mag with the chuck on the machine. I had to make a quick dead center and remove the chuck to get the 3 D between centers to cut it.. )

Last edited:

Freyth

Enlightened
i see. lucky me i guess? Lol.

Anyway thanks! They're looking good. I'm sure they'll look even better with the nickel plating on them

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Status - I have sent the lights to the Nickel Plate shop. They should have them Thursday. They usually take 3-4 days to do the work. I hope to have them back towards the end of next week.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
status - the lights were delivered today to the shop.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure how long CPF will be out - I already printed out all the shipping information .

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
got the lights and parts back today - Wednesday - I have some clean up polishing to do, then some assembly, packing and then shipping. They should go out in the mail Friday morning at the latest.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just returned from the post office, as they say - they are all in the mail.

let me know when you receive them..

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Will,
Received today. It looks fantastic! Thanks for all the effort to transfer my thoughts into reality.:thumbsup: You did a awesome job. I already have a idea for your next run.

Thanks!
:twothumbs
Mine is the one on the bottom:
]
100_2417.jpg

Nebula

Enlightened
Will,
Received today. It looks fantastic! Thanks for all the effort to transfer my thoughts into reality.:thumbsup: You did a awesome job. I already have a idea for your next run.

Thanks!
:twothumbs
Mine is the one on the bottom:
]
100_2417.jpg

And mine is the one on top:twothumbs. Will, it arrived today, and I must say that you have done another fantastic job. The brushed nickel with polished fins really looks nice. Well done :thumbsup:. Kirk

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nebula - what kind of light source is going in that ?

enjoy...

Nebula

Enlightened
Nebula - what kind of light source is going in that ?

enjoy...

Originally I planned to keep it a hotwire, but now I am thinking of a multiple LED build. Several Seoul emitters ought to do nicely. Still in the dark on the rest of the parts. I will post a few pics when I get her done. Thanks again for the great job. Kirk