Nitecore chargers

Dave Dunn

Newly Enlightened
I ordered two chargers from ebay, NITECORE UM20 and Nitecore UM10.
The ads say "NITECORE UM20 DIGI CHARGER For AA 18650 18500 14500 18350 16340 LCD SCREEN" and "Nitecore UM10 Micro USB Powered LCD Intelligent 18650 Li-ion Battery Charger"
Are these chargers of Ok quality or should I keep looking? At the time I just bid on them on ebay without researching at all, I just didn't want to buy the cheapest out there, but then I'm on a disability pension so I haven't got much cash to spend on my hobbies.

Dave Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Well,they seem to be ok for my needs. I'm assuming they will allow me to charge 18650 batteries using any usb port,I hope so anyway. When holidaying without mains power I'm hoping that I can use the usb port in my car that I use to charge mobile phones, and also a solar power supply with a usb output. Of course I'll check the specs on input before trying.

keithy

Enlightened
Well,they seem to be ok for my needs. I'm assuming they will allow me to charge 18650 batteries using any usb port,.

Dave - if you haven't already bought the Nitecores through eBay, have a look at the LiitoKala Lii100.

It is a single slot NiMH/Li-ion charger that uses USB input. HKJ also reviewed it here: http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger LiitoKala Lii-100 UK.html. There's no display screen like the Nitecores, but it is a good charger.

It is currently under $6 delivered from Gearbest.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
When buying on Ebay, I always look at the seller rating. There may be sellers that have a lower price, but I am more comfortable buying from a highly rated seller. There are a lot of Nitecore fakes floating around out there, and you are less likely to get one of those from a seller that does a lot of volume and is highly rated. I also try to find a consensus on what a good price would be. There will always be those that ask for top dollar, but I can pay that at a regular retail outlet. Leaving those out, there is usually an obvious price point that the sellers gather around. I someone is offering something significantly lower, I get real leery real quick.

Dave Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Yep! I ignore prices that are half of the common consensus,or even 2 3rds. Rather I bid on items where the buy now price from that seller is in line with the upper end of the price range. For example,the nitcore UM20 has an average price of $25.99AUD,the lowest $22,highest $32,most listed at $25.99,the sellers 'buy now' was $25.99,so I bid $10 and got it for $9.29AUD,same deal with the UM10,their buy now is only a couple of dollars less than the UM20,so again bid $10,got it for $8.51.
The UM20 came today,in original packaging,it looks legit to me,but as yet I have no batteries to test it with

Dave Dunn

Newly Enlightened