Nitecore D11.2/EX11.2

jondotcom

Enlightened
May I ask where in the US are you guys ordering the D11.2's from??

Bought my EX11.2 from BatteryJunction and my D11.2 from Aimkon Tactical. My D11.2 just arrived today :). Google or check out cpfmarketplace for coupons. I had an issue with my first D11.2 and Aimkon swiftly took care of it!

Last edited:

computernut

Enlightened
Has the D11.2 been discontinued? Seems like it's getting harder to find anywhere who has them in stock and Battery Junction says they've been discontinued. Is a D11.3 or a D12 on the horizon?

HIDblue

Enlightened
Just got the lightly used D11 V2 from GG's garage sale...seems to work pretty well, but the piston is a lot stiffer than I expected.

Lonestar256

Newly Enlightened
Has the D11.2 been discontinued? Seems like it's getting harder to find anywhere who has them in stock and Battery Junction says they've been discontinued. Is a D11.3 or a D12 on the horizon?

I was wondering about the same thing. A friend of mine tried to order an EX11.2 from an online dealer in Germany. He got feedback that these lights or at least the EX11.2 has been discontinued. Does anybody know anything about it?
D11.3 or D12... :) I like this idea

rawb

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering about the same thing. A friend of mine tried to order an EX11.2 from an online dealer in Germany. He got feedback that these lights or at least the EX11.2 has been discontinued. Does anybody know anything about it?
D11.3 or D12... :) I like this idea

I ordered a Nitecore D11.2 on Feb 1 from Going Gear, and they told me the same thing:

I apologize but we are currently out of the NiteCore D11.2's and will not be receiving more since they have been discontinued by NiteCore.

Funny thing is, I had ordered this as a quick fix while I wait for another nice small EDC light that I ordered but have to wait a while for available stock. Now, what's going to be the third choice...

Bugsy68

Newly Enlightened
This is disturbing to hear! I bought two EX11v2's back in October and loved the size of them and beam they throw! Other than the occasional having to unscrew the battery to clear the "confused" state of the light they'd been pretty good with nearly everyday use. They seem pretty well built...

A couple weeks ago one of them started eating up batteries when it wasn't in use -- it'd kill a new CR123 in a day. I emailed NiteCore and they said to return it to the point of purchase for repair / replacement. I sent it in and I'm waiting to get it back. If they've been discontinued I hope I don't have a problem..... :confused:

I was actually thinking of picking up a DX11.2 but I think I'll wait on that now. Anyone have any suggestions for a similar light (that hasn't been discontinued)?

Lonestar256

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Nitecore and asked if they discontinued D11.2 and EX11.2. Here's their answer:

Hello xxxxx,

We are still selling D11.2 & EX11.2

apagogeas

Enlightened
I'm finally a happy owner of D11.2 (v2 printed with the rest of the text) and luckily I don't have any issues with it (although I was fully aware of possible problems before getting it). I have been looking for a graph demonstrating Wattage vs Voltage regulation or equivalent. I was able to find this for EX11.2 but nothing on D11.2. Does anyone know of such a graph or performed any tests on D11.2 over the voltage range this light is fully regulated?

Last edited:

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
I recently ordered a ex11.2 and upon arrival the light had very poor output and was very difficult to use. I sent it back and got another and this time the the light had great output but the modes were very difficult to use. Every time I would click it on or off, it would think I double clicked it or was holding the button down. It would not turn off it would go to low and if it was off and I tried to turn it on it would either go to strobe or lockout! I sent it back and exchanged it for a neutron 1c.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Nitecore and asked if they discontinued D11.2 and EX11.2. Here's their answer:

Hello xxxxx,

We are still selling D11.2 & EX11.2

Nitecore might still be selling them, but the distributors don't want them because they're getting tired of returns. :)

apagogeas

Enlightened
I also contacted Nitecore for a W vs V graph. They said they don't have such information available. Quite dissapointing to get a response like that and the reason I asked that here. The least I would expect is the company to have such figures/graphs readily available. The light is lovely though, still works flawlessly.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
I have a EX11 v.2 and it works perfectly. Learn how to press the piston, people.

netprince

Enlightened
I have a EX11 v.2 and it works perfectly. Learn how to press the piston, people.

Do you mean to imply that the problems people are having are because they aren't pressing the piston correctly? That would mean the light is imperfect, negating the first half of your post. Just saying.

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
is there a reliability poll about these lights ? i'd be curious about the results : i believe that the former nitecore's are more reliable than latest models..

sugibdg

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Do you know the size of tritium vial fits for ex 11.2 slotted?

Thanks.

kzb

Newly Enlightened
is there a reliability poll about these lights ? i'd be curious about the results : i believe that the former nitecore's are more reliable than latest models..

I got a D11.2 a few weeks back. I think it does what it says on the tin, it's just there are a LOT of button double-clicks, click and holds -all kinds of combinations to cope with. Also you have to push the button quite hard, and there is no recognisable "click" from the mechanism. Very easy to do the wrong thing by mistake.

So I think a lot of the difficulties people report might be because they've not been on the training course.

Aside from that, it's a great product. Very bright for a 1xAA, takes NiMH no problem.

LedTed

Enlightened
I know that I'm late to the party ... but here is a picture of the LED.

Small%20-%20D11%20V.2%20XP-G%20R5%20LED.jpg

For a larger version of this picture go to ...
https://picasaweb.google.com/100911105172410698860/FlashlightStuff#5719557302465814834