Nitecore D20

Status
Not open for further replies.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
YAY!!! in the mail today. too bad those lockbacks are on backorder. it sucks you guys have to ship my stuff separately. but thanks.....for the millionth time! :D

phenwick

Newly Enlightened
I'll admit I haven't read the complete thread, so if this has been discussed I apologize.

Does anyone plan on going clipless when they get theirs? I know there was a demand for them on the D10s, but everyones taste varies.

It strikes me as being more streamlined and having cleaner lines without the clip, especially this light.

Axion

Enlightened
After having my L2D roll off a table and land bezel first on the tile floor (luckily the damage was minor) the I do not want anymore lights that can roll. As soon as they are available I'll probably get a clip for my EX10.

Gator762

Enlightened
After having my L2D roll off a table and land bezel first on the tile floor (luckily the damage was minor) the I do not want anymore lights that can roll. As soon as they are available I'll probably get a clip for my EX10.

Attach the lanyard, or simply some thread tied in the lanyard holes will do it. Not the best, but works. :)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow ... the D20 looks bigger than I thought, either that or 4sevens has small hands :D

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newbie poster here. Been lurking this thread for the past few weeks. I'm strongly considering the D20 as my first "real" flashlight (an upgrade from my trusty 2-year old LED Mini Maglite).

Anyway, one question: what are the UI improvements that were mentioned earlier in the thread?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Newbie poster here. Been lurking this thread for the past few weeks. I'm strongly considering the D20 as my first "real" flashlight (an upgrade from my trusty 2-year old LED Mini Maglite).

Anyway, one question: what are the UI improvements that were mentioned earlier in the thread?

Reverse ramping when at min or max. Not sure if there are others.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reverse ramping when at min or max. Not sure if there are others.
Oh, is that it? Well, 4sevens did way it wasn't anything dramatic. Thanks for the answer. I'm hoping to order in a week or two.

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Will somebody please tell me that I need the D10 it is ideal for my edc the D20 is far too big and I have no use for it.Save your money for the D10 do not get the D20.It's not working I really want the D20

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

the one that i know of is an improvement on the ramping up and down. on the current ex10's and D10's when you ramp up or down, it remembers the direction you were ramping. so if you were ramping up but then decide to jump straight to the high setting and wanted to ramp down again, you would have to push and hold it....then push and hold it again to switch directions. so what was said about it being fixed is that it recognizes when its at the lowest and highest settings so it automatically switches ramping directions to go the opposite direction than where you are. if that doesnt make sense let me know and i will try to rephrase it....:grin2:

Edit: while it took me a year to type this novel someone else answered. lol joy

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I wouldn't have time to use either SWMBO would kill me .The D20 would find itself as part of my anatomy sideways :mecry:

Well, in that case you had better get the D10 since it is smaller.;)

Besides, the D10 might be less noticeable by SWMBO, unless she is very observant. Of course locking yourself in a dark room or running around the yard with a flashlight for "no reason" is a dead give away.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will somebody please tell me that I need the D10 it is ideal for my edc the D20 is far too big and I have no use for it.Save your money for the D10 do not get the D20.It's not working I really want the D20
The D20 is around a 1/2 to 3/4 inches shorter than my Mini Maglite LED which is almost permanently attached to my hip, so I suspect it will serve me just fine as an every-day-carry (provided I can find a suitable belt pouch, since it apparently doesn't come with one).

climberkid:
Thanks for the effort, even if you did get beaten to the punch. :twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.