Nitecore EA11/EC11: EDC-lights, XM-L2(U2), IMR, max 900 lumens, (beam)shots, compare

Vatra

Newly Enlightened
@Vatra
I agree if you are running it at 430 lumens you only get 45 minutes out of a cr123.. that would end up being some expensive walks!
I suppose this is a mid 2015 light though. Almost 2 years old!

You are right. Even on CR123 you get 40 hours on 1 lumen mode which is super short even for 2015. Quark Mini 123 R5 which is, If I can recall correctly, a 2012 light and it puts out 3 lumens for 150 hours. Maratac AA rev 1, produced around the same time did 1.5 lumens for 100 hours. And that is on AA battery. So...

Timo5150

Newly Enlightened
Great review. I have been looking at the EA11 and this helps a lot. The one thing that has been holding me back is the lack of magnetic tell cap. The EA11 fits my needs exactly except for that. Always something. Have been looking at the Olights but don't see any with a red beam. Any suggestions on easy way to add a magnet to the EA11? Again thanks for the detailed review.
Timo

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't need a lot of light, the Lumintop Tool is available with a magnetic tail. In that same class, but more of an area light would be the LA10. Nice flood, three levels of light, magnetic base, and if the casing is fully retracted works more like a flashlight than a lantern.

There is also the T360M, which is basically a Tube with the LED mounted on one side, and with a magnetic swivel base installed.

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
I wont buy another nitecore until they fix parasitic drain, its bad on the 2 I have and i stopped using them because of always dead batteries.